Kolo Touré (Arsenal), Côte d'Ivoire
José Fernando Torres (Atletico Madrid puis Liverpool), Espagne
Francesco Totti (AS Roma), Italie
Ruud van Nistelrooy (Real Madrid), Pays-Bas
Robin van Persie (Arsenal), Pays-Bas
David Villa (Valence CF), Espagne.

Last edited:
Re: Ballon d'Or 2007

most of hose are on reputation and not last year's performances.
Was Giggs better than Vidic last year? Should Gerrard be in there? Just two examples so I'm not being biased.

Gerrard was instremental in Liverpool getting to the CL final.

Granted I feel our best players last season were Agger/Carragher. Agger's too young, and Carra just isn't continental enough to get anyone near something like this.

Funny that RVP got in depsite being injured for most of the year. It is all about reputation.

Torres shouldn't be there either....next year for sure ;) Maybe the WC had some bearing.

Kaka for me. Ronaldo wasn't even the best player in Manchester- Rooney was better in the big games.

Can't believe that Arteta and Fabregas were not included.

Ronaldo for me.

Kaka was better than Ronaldo in Europe last year, but not by too much, so that might sway the decision in Kaka's favour, but domestically and indeed overall,- Ronaldo was better for me.

It has to be at least 1 of those 2 otherwise the world has gone mad I tell thee!

I have to disagree with you on Rooney vanzandt, as for me he was poor for parts of the season despite putting in some good games.
Ronaldo done it all year without exception.

imo Kaka was by far one of the best players in the CL and Serie A. Also one of the best performers for Brazil. He is also more consistent than Ronaldo was. I think Kaka is a firm leader for this years title.

Predictions:

Kaka
Ronaldo
Pirlo

In this order.

imo Kaka was by far one of the best players in the CL and Serie A. Also one of the best performers for Brazil. He is also more consistent than Ronaldo was. I think Kaka is a firm leader for this years title.

Predictions:

Kaka
Ronaldo
Pirlo

In this order.

agreed. Kaka played top notch in every game , every competition national and club.

I didn't see him Oops- stand corrected mate.

Still no Arteta, what is all that about?

Arteta was every bit as good as any attacking midfielder in England last year.

I agree, but I'm afarid its because he plays for a 'small club'

Well FIFA seem to think so.

For the record I never agreed with Rafa, outside the top 4 you are the most successfull English team, and you have a big stadium that is usually filled. Its just now you are relatively small compared to the giants.

I thought Kaka's form was quite patchy domestically early this year.

If i'm wrong then please correct me as it's quite hard to cast your mind back sometimes...

Kaka.
And i agree with Vanzandt on Arteta...

PS: that referee in the Liverpool derby was dreadfull...among the wort i've ever seen...the way he was influenced by Gerrard...i've lost lots of respect for Gerrard too after having seen that...

I agree, but I'm afarid its because he plays for a 'small club'

Well FIFA seem to think so.

You might be right on FIFA's thinking, which is odd because no one considered Villareal too small in relation to Riquelme. I suppose the international side of things might come into that thinking but even so. Everyone in the English league knows how brilliant Arteta has been.

For the record I never agreed with Rafa, outside the top 4 you are the most successfull English team, and you have a big stadium that is usually filled. Its just now you are relatively small compared to the giants.

Nice to hear you didn't agree with that mate.

The only thing small about Everton is the finances and a lack of financial muscle- which I guess is what it is mostly about these days when you look at football.

e.g

Chelsea- poorer fan base, poorer history, no where near the number of titles etc.

If Everton had Chelsea's money tomorrow we would in effect immediately become a banker for the top four. As is stands we are financialy small or relatively so.

One interesting thing is the massive premier league cash this year. I read something along the lines of coming 4th from bottom this year will see a similar finacial return as finishing 5th did last year. If that is true and Everton can keep getting reasonable placings- UEFA cup say...Everton will soon earn a lot of dough and in relation to many clubs in other leagues be relatively rich and powerful.

Maybe then a player like Arteta would not be ignored for things like this. Not saying he should win it, of course not- but he should have been included in the running.

Anyway for me the award should go to Kaka.

You might be right on FIFA's thinking, which is odd because no one considered Villareal too small in relation to Riquelme. I suppose the international side of things might come into that thinking but even so. Everyone in the English league knows how brilliant Arteta has been.

Nice to hear you didn't agree with that mate.

The only thing small about Everton is the finances and a lack of financial muscle- which I guess is what it is mostly about these days when you look at football.

e.g

Chelsea- poorer fan base, poorer history, no where near the number of titles etc.

If Everton had Chelsea's money tomorrow we would in effect immediately become a banker for the top four. As is stands we are financialy small or relatively so.

One interesting thing is the massive premier league cash this year. I read something along the lines of coming 4th from bottom this year will see a similar finacial return as finishing 5th did last year. If that is true and Everton can keep getting reasonable placings- UEFA cup say...Everton will soon earn a lot of dough and in relation to many clubs in other leagues be relatively rich and powerful.

Maybe then a player like Arteta would not be ignored for things like this. Not saying he should win it, of course not- but he should have been included in the running.

Anyway for me the award should go to Kaka.

Hehe, well I don't think you can compare him to Riquelme.

Villareal fell just short of the CL final in 2005 and Riquelme was a major cog in the Argie 2006 world cup squad that really should of gone on to win the thing.

These lists are so much pish. No Boruc, Giggs and Henry get in despite Giggs being poor most games and Henry missing about 65% of games this season. Maldini has been poor whenever I've seen him, Cannavaro and Diarra havent deserved it, Gerrard has been disappointing. Henry is the most apalling, it's purely on reputation that he's in, hes been injured most of the time. I can't believe how shite these lists are. Nakamura has been poor so far this season, he didnt do much in the second half of last season except the thing he is IMO the best at, set pieces. But no Boruc, despite the fact he is our best player, fantastic in every game (bar one against Hibs)...what a load of bollocks, I wouldn't wipe my arse with this "list". And Arteta has been outstanding for quite some time, wtf is wrong with these awards. I hate them. They only prove how overhyped players are.

These lists are so much pish. No Boruc, Giggs and Henry get in despite Giggs being poor most games and Henry missing about 65% of games this season. Maldini has been poor whenever I've seen him, Cannavaro and Diarra havent deserved it, Gerrard has been disappointing. Henry is the most apalling, it's purely on reputation that he's in, hes been injured most of the time. I can't believe how shite these lists are. Nakamura has been poor so far this season, he didnt do much in the second half of last season except the thing he is IMO the best at, set pieces. But no Boruc, despite the fact he is our best player, fantastic in every game (bar one against Hibs)...what a load of bollocks, I wouldn't wipe my arse with this "list". And Arteta has been outstanding for quite some time, wtf is wrong with these awards. I hate them. They only prove how overhyped players are.

Passionate about your footy mate...like it and a lot of truth in what you say. :applause:

I think your keeper has been top notch by the way.

I'll still say Kaka though because I really thought he was great....but a lot of players who are hyped are included on reputation- no doubt.

Hehe, well I don't think you can compare him to Riquelme.

Villareal fell just short of the CL final in 2005 and Riquelme was a major cog in the Argie 2006 world cup squad that really should of gone on to win the thing.

To be fair if Ferguson's goal counted agaist Villareal (there was no foul at all) then maybe the situation woul dhave been very different in terms of Villareal in the champions League. In any case Riquelme wasn't actually that good in the champions league, missing a crucial penalty against Arsenal being just one of his chmapions League low points.

Riquelme was very good in La Liga, that year but then again Everton have been a similarly placed club and Arteta has been excellent at Everton so?

Where you do have a very valid point IMO is in reference to the Argentine national team. That said Spain wont pick Arteta so there isn't much he can do if not selected.

I can see where you are coming from and you might be right in what you are saying. I just feel that Arteta's performances last season warrented inclusion in that list.

Last edited:

Whilst I think Arteta wasn't at Riquelme's level, he should have been in that list for sure.
Tevez shouldn't have.

He was very good-indifferent for the first 15-20 games and in the last 10 or so games, was one of the best players in the world on form, but certainly overall not worthy of inclusion.

Kaka will win even if he played a good season only in Champions League..

I reckon Messi should win it if a manager see's a opposition team sheet with kaka,c.ronaldo and messi on I would be most worry about messi this kid is a danger every time he touches the ball.

Kaka isnt only a player that causes damage himself.... he's what creates Milan's attack with his passing. He's more complete than Messi is.

Kaka isnt only a player that causes damage himself.... he's what creates Milan's attack with his passing. He's more complete than Messi is.

If we are talking as of right now based on
His performaces;

Sorry Messi IS miles better than Kaka- FACT.

But;
It is not about this year, mainly about last year......for which Kaka was brilliant.

Back
Top Bottom