1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

k-1

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by mocro9, 27 January 2009.

1. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    who knows k1 (kickboxing,muay thai and karate)?? :P
    this is the thread of it :BYE:

2. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    is there realy nobody who knows the k1?

3. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, I do. However, to be honest it had a good few years at the start with Andy Hug, Peter Aerts, Mike Bernardo and Ernesto Hoost amongst others but now it's just a freak show with bizarre refereeing decisions. I lost interest when Akebono got in there. What a joke. I feel sorry for Jerome Le Banner in all this, who is trying his hardest despite having dodgy hands.

4. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    yeah Jerome Le Banner is a real fighter he won't give up . his arm is broken on three places but he wanted to play :)
    but I think Badr Hari was the best in 2008.

5. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    Yes, but couldn't obey the rules in 2009. Shame.

6. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    i hope they all will fight fair and don't forget, badr hari- sem schilt at 16 may :BYE:

Last edited: 22 February 2009
  7. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    no other persons who knows k-1?

8. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    I'm sure others now prefer Pride and other MMA.

9. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    ...who hardly hit each other....:COOL:

10. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    but it isn't very populair in europe i think, i know in japan they realy like it (also like me). btw do you watch it also? and who is your favourite??

11. crayon

crayon Yamato Gaijin

23 October 2004
    Hokkaido Japan
    Liverpool FC
    I do watch it because I live in Japan but have to turn off the God-awful Japanese commentary which unfortunately includes a female celeb who knows little about it and just screams inane comments. It's almost unheard of in my home country of the UK. My all-time favourite is Peter Aerts but alas he is past his best and should retire instead of carrying on against much younger and fitter guys.

I like Cro-Cop but I think he sees it as a bit of a circus and prefers Pride.

12. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    yeah Aerts is good and Cro Cop aswell but Hari stays the best :P

13. mocro9

mocro9 Non-League

14 January 2009
    the Netherlands
    Remy Bonjasky won the match against Alistair Overeem. Round 3 a knock-down :p

14. kobashi

kobashi Champions League

19 May 2004
    I am currently watching the World Grand Prix. Bonjasky was funny at the press conference saying Overeem should stay off the drugs.. :) Overeem has been juicing no doubt!

Cro-Crop did wanna try MMA when he was in K-1 but he went Pride for the money.. That was his main attraction.

Reports are he is signing with Dream (which is K-1 MMA) so K-1 could book him in MMA or K-1 rules if they wanted. Mirko is a shot fighter now though! His legs are totally fcuked!

Its good Keijiro Maeda won the Tournament as Japan needs new stars in K-1, MMA and Pro-Wrestling. That match vs Melvin Manhoef looked kinda strange though as the punch didnt look that hard.