Juventus Thread

Bumping this thread.

Where are the Juventinos. ?

When I saw when this thread was opened I got emotional.

Back than we had Lippi.

Look at what situation are we now.

I hope we get better for the next season because we can forget the 4th spot this season.

In the next one we have to finish at least in the 3rd to qualify for CL, since Bundesliga got 4 from 2012/2013.

Forza Juventus. I hope we beat Cesena in the Saturday.

Here! :D

I hope im wrong but this season is proving to be worse then 09/10. And we all thought that was bad enough!
We need some kind of change and some1 to pull all the strings together because we do have a strong team, we just need to get 2/3 players and bring Giovinco + Parmas Amauri (not Juves Amauri) back and we are off for the scudetto. But still, even if we had the best players in the world, we wouldn't have a good result. Something outside of the pitch is not working properlly in Turin and that should be the first priority. Find that and eliminate it once and for all, because i can't stand watching this Juventus. Makes me so sad to watch them play like this...

Here! :D

I hope im wrong but this season is proving to be worse then 09/10. And we all thought that was bad enough!
We need some kind of change and some1 to pull all the strings together because we do have a strong team, we just need to get 2/3 players and bring Giovinco + Parmas Amauri (not Juves Amauri) back and we are off for the scudetto. But still, even if we had the best players in the world, we wouldn't have a good result. Something outside of the pitch is not working properlly in Turin and that should be the first priority. Find that and eliminate it once and for all, because i can't stand watching this Juventus. Makes me so sad to watch them play like this...

Exactly my thoughts. Typical.
Beside getting Amauri back. I don't want him back even if he scores 100 goals for Parma on 1 season, he would still flop at us, also he isn't getting any younger so we must focus on Matri who is doing absolutely wonderful, in fact I never thought he is so good, before arriving at Juventus.
Getting Giovinco back is a must, and also all the reports suggest that we have signed Michel Bastos from Lyon, and we are still after Neymar, Alexis Sanchez, Giuseppe Rossi, Andreas Beck, Javier Mascherano, Serdar Tasci, Javier Pastore etc...
I think that this season is already a failed one, and all Bianconeris should focus in the next season. 2011/2012, where we will play in our new stadium and this will probably be a huge step towards our way getting back where we must be. Winning.
I also think like you that, we probably have better team than Lazio, Napoli, Udinese and Roma, who are all better than us in the table standings, and I think that something other is interrupting us for having good seasons.
I personally think that one of the main reasons are also the bad training pitch in Vinovo who is causing us a lot of injuries, maybe we are the team with the most injured players in a season into these last years.
Just look at our team, we have never had the full team in disposal. There are always at least missing 4 or more players with injuries.
This affect a lot in a teams season.
Just when we were doing great until the new year (2011) we had less players out injured. we basically had our basement of the team, we were fighting for Scudetto with Milan. Right after the new year, the injuries started to worry our players and it all started to get worse. Quagliarella got injured for the remainder of the season in the game against Parma, and Felipe Melo got sent off in that game for a stupid tackle on the face of a Parma player. We lost that game, and the next one against Napoli. Than it all started to get worse and worse. The pressure on the coach started to rise and players felt innocent and in the same time lost their heads.

Hopefully with the inauguration of the new stadium we will also build a new training center somewhere close to the stadium, and and invest a lot on its pitch.
Some reports from the papers say that we will train into the stadium. That would be a lot better.
Anyway I just hope to see my Juve back on top, and never see again things like this past 2 seasons. It really hurts me a lot.
Juve is all my life. I would give everything a man could just to see them back on top.

This weekend we have the game against Roma, who will be crucial for our season. It will tell us if we are capable for an EL spot or not. Forza Juve.

What's the latest news on Buffon?

Some say he might leave in summer.... some say no he'll stay for life.

Definitely he had some problems this season... for me still #1 keeper in the world just has to find his form back and stay injury free.

His agent yesterday revealed that Buffon will leave in the end of the season.
Reports are saying we can use him as swap for one of these Roma players. Menez, Vucinic, De Rossi.
Also Man UTD are after him, but what is clear is that he;ll leave.

I wouldnt mind if Buffon leaves. He is on a megacontract, his best days are numbered and he has had a lot of injury problems in the last seasons.

True but class is permanent and form temporary.

He hasn't been his usual self for past 18 months but that's due to injuries among other things. The guy had to be stopped at some point anyway lol, he was TOO GOOD for TOO LONG! He's only human after all and I for one am happy to see he's indeed human! :P

His best days aren't numbered. After so many years in the game, he's still not old for a goalkeeper and look at van der Sar still doing the business at 40 for Man Utd. And you know what 7 years ago, nobody would've thought he'd be there, No one! He also had injury problems, some mistakes and people doubting him and of course as legendary as he is, he's not even as good as Buffon and never has been. And he's STILL doing the business and so impressively for one of the world's best teams.

Buffon is an absolute living legend and at his age, he probably still has another 5 years at the very top level left in him. Unless his injury problems are much deeper/worse than many of us know....

When you have an injury like Buffon had you never know how you are going to come back. Plus, I dont think we should be paying 200k a week to a goalkeeper when we have some weakness points in the squad that should be solved.
I feel we have a lot of players on contracts that they dont deserve, and that Buffon is one of them. We have been going in that direction and I think this summer we are going to keep that strategy (though I dont understand why the hell we signed Toni)

When you have an injury like Buffon had you never know how you are going to come back. Plus, I dont think we should be paying 200k a week to a goalkeeper when we have some weakness points in the squad that should be solved.
I feel we have a lot of players on contracts that they dont deserve, and that Buffon is one of them. We have been going in that direction and I think this summer we are going to keep that strategy (though I dont understand why the hell we signed Toni)

Seriously, the hell with it. We have one of the best goalkeepers in the world but for the sake of the teams quality balance, lets sell him because of his wage and guy a lower quality keeper and pay another player with the remaining salary... :DOH:

Caceres was great.

About Buffon:

If you think like that you should sack Del Piero too, Milan should sack Nesta and Seedorf, Inter Zanetti etc etc.

"Recently, the IFFHS also named Buffon the best goalkeeper of the last 25 years."

"Gianluigi Buffon has been named the best goalkeeper of the 21st Century by the International Federation of Football History and Statistics."

He went to Seria B with Juventus, he devoted his whole career to Juventus and you dare to say SACK HIM? He is living legend, how you can sack him for 200.000? They said his new contract wont be as costly as now, but sacking him?

Do you even understand what kind of quality he is? He will be Juventus goalkeeper trainer if nothing else. Besides that dont bury him yet, he might rise from ashes and make you look silly.

Last edited:
Last season he was poor, but the whole team was poor. This season he has definitely changed, you can see he has made crucial saves this season, and has been a true leader for the defensive line. It's all about confidence and morale, our team last year was a joke and we had lacked support from the fans. This year we're top class from attack to defence with our strikers providing defensive support (Vucinic does this a lot), our determined hardworking midfielders (Pepe, Marchisio, Vidal) who come back in defence, and providing a dangerous threat upfront. I think Barzagli this season has been one of the best CB's in Europe, If you've been watching the matches on Sky Sports in Italian then I'm sure you've heard all the praise he has been getting from EVERY commentator in Italy.

Beautiful Juve this season and what we need to do now is remain determined and stay consistent.

Forza JUVE!

Yep Barzagli's been brilliant.

And I'd never get rid of Buffon! Enzo said it well.

He's a living legend. Simple as that. And actually still has many good years ahead as a top keeper!

Whatever happened to this thread? Juve won the Seria A people! Where is everyone?? Should be buzzing in here.

:CONFUSE:

FORZA JUVE!! GREAT SEASON!! Old Lady is back, god damn I was happy! For Buffon and Pirlo especially!

Now please sell Matri to Zenit ! :))

I like Matri but he hasn't been consistent. He should really score more goals. It's certain we'll get a new (worldclass) striker in the summer so Matri might leave.

Sam Allardyce was reportedly caught on camera meeting with Fabio Paratici.

It's rumoured that it was regarding one or more of Krasic, Quaglirella and Elia.
Also said that Elia would only possibly be allowed to leave on a permanent deal (because he hasn't been playing?) and the others were possibly loans.

Don't know how much of it is true, but thought I'd ask you chaps if you know of any possible news, or whether there may be some weight behind this?

Back
Top Bottom