Juventus Thread

Don't listen to Sky mate - Richard Keys is a knob - they only read Red Tops and won't know a good player if it was right in front of them.

Great goal by Pinturicchio - hit it like a missle. Looks like the same technique that Juninho P uses. Hits the ball hard at the top part - rather than the bottom.

I'm liking the Christian Poulsen enforcer in the middle, much the same i wished Almiron would have filled. Wonder what Totti makes of him? ;)

I have to say BATE put up a surprising performance last night which shocked a lot of us. I think we started off terribly, but we began to pick it up throughout the game. A few points though:

- Del Piero shouldn't attempt so many shots like the Zenit one (he tried 3/4 times)
- Sissoko had some very poor moments in the game
- De Ceglie played decent, but needs to work on some basic things such as communication.

I'm happy with Iaquinta getting his brace, and Giovinco making two assists. Giovinco wasn't very confident, but time will come when he learns all this through experience.

Poor performance, we need to pick up our form in the Serie A and be ready for the game against Real Madrid.

We are beginning to find ourselves again, despite our win we still didn't play very well overall, and we need to sort our defense! We lacked a lot of communication at the back, and allowed to many crosses.

Amauri scored a splendid goal, he has already proved to be a excellent signing (like he had to prove anything...) Del Piero as usual playing very well helping the attack and midfield out. I thought Torino played well at times, with Rosina creating chances but Molinaro and Chiellini played a good game most of the time.

De Ceglie also played a decent game, he's still young and looks very physical, if he can be trained more he could be a great back-up.

Forza Juve!

I saw only the highlights of your game against torino, and i have to say Juve are a very old and slow team, besides the goal they only did more 2/3 shots on goal, in a 90 minute game thats called poor performance. I am supporting Juve in Serie A but you really need to start playing better football if you want to win against Inter and Milan. Btw, whats your calendar for this month?

They have too many injuries to play their normal football. Andrade, Zanetti, Zebina, Trezeguet, Buffon, Tiago, Poulsen, Marchisio, De Ceglie, Grygera and Salihazdmizic are all injured. Thats around 4/5 starters.

WOW!
Injury alert!
I knew about Andrade and Buffon but all those others, damn i didn't...
Well now i understand the bad performances in games, zanetti, trezeguet, grygera and (i think) poulsen were starters in pes6 (updated squads) so they may be irl. I just have to say, best of luck, and call a witch cous you guys have been cursed.

I was watching the game on a live stream and wasn't altogether surprised with how disjointed the team looked with all the injuries they've suffered. Still, a good goal by Amauri and the team managed to hang on well for the result.

He is a legend, he is a great capitano and is helping Juventus win matches! His brace against Real Madrid was fantastic, and I hope he can build upon his performances.

I am also enjoying Amauri, I hope he can bag a few more goals in these coming weeks.

Where have all the Juve fans gone? :(

We are not doing good at all at the moment, we are struggling to score at times and the Scudetto is getting more far away. Del Piero has been pretty average recently, Amauri has been great but not getting enough chances, Nedved has been amazing and our defense hasn't been the best.

However, I'm happy Giovinco got his chance to play against Sampdoria and played a very good game, along with Nedved. Next game is against Palermo away, and this will be an extremely difficult game (last time we played we lost), we need to step the game up and start winning some points, Especially when Inter and Milan have tough opponents this weekend.

I'm excited about our Champions League game as well, hopefully we can get an away goal and avoid any injuries from now on.

Forza Juve!

Weren't you guys, at one stage, 3 points behind Inter, a few weeks ago? I was hoping you'd overtake them but it looks unlikely now...

Yes we were so close, especially since Atalanta beat Inter, but we didn't win when we needed to, and now we are quite far away.

May god hope, Inter do poorly in the next 14 games of the Serie A.

Wednesday Evening Chelsea v Juventus!

Chelsea recently sacked Scolari, this could either be a good / bad. Usually new managers make a big impact at the beginning and I reckon Hiddink will do very well. I'm quite worried with our current performances as of late, but hopefully this weekend we can get off to a winning start against Palermo. I think the game in Stamford Bridge will end 1-1, Which I would be happy to accept as long as we can hold on to a 0-0 in Olimpico or score.

Hopefully our injury woes can be put aside, with Chiellini possibly making a comeback, and Sissoko recovering at the moment.

Forza Bianconeri!

Looks like today Amauri and Del Piero are on the bench, I'm surprised Nedved is starting to be honest. Our line up today:

Buffon
Grygera
Legrottaglie
Chiellini
Molinaro

Camoranesi
Sissoko
Tiago
Nedved

Iaquinta
Trezeguet

I'm glad Trezeguet is back, a very strong strike force, especially in the air.

1-0 Up in the first half, thanks to a great goal from Sissoko! We almost conceded very early, we were very fortunate.

Last edited:
Nedved to retire
Thursday 26 February, 2009
Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved has announced he will hang up his boots and retire at the end of this season.

The 2003 Ballon d'Or winner recently turned 36 and Juventus have been actively searching for a replacement.

“In principle, I always decided to retire at the end of this season depending on how I was,” Nedved explained.

“Instead, I have now pre-empted that decision because of the way I feel inside. I have spoken a lot with my wife and we made this decision together.”

Nedved joined Juventus in 2001 and has made 238 appearances for the Turin giants, winning three Scudetti, one of which was later revoked.

“My wife is a little tired of it all and I have a lot to re-pay my family,” Nedved revealed. “I have to be with them more.

“I am enjoying myself a lot at the moment, but I believe that physically and mentally the moment has arrived to leave space to the youngsters.

“They deserve to play,” Nedved admitted. “Perhaps it seems to you that I am still young but I am nearly 37 and I believe that the moment is right to stop.”

The Czech has a contract with Juventus until June 30 2009 and is certain he will not change his mind and broker an extension.

“I don't believe there will be a rethink. There is no need to think about it again. The right moment has arrived,” he said.

“I would like to close my career with a victory in the Champions League. I believe that the next three months will be hellish.”

From channel4

Grazie Nedved, he has put 100% every season up until now, and puts in some great performances at 36 years old. Without a doubt and will always be one of the best players in Juve's history. :WORSHIP::WORSHIP:

Grazie Pavel

Tonight is a big game for us, we need confidence unlike last game where we had Chiellini struggling at the back, Amauri not getting much of the ball and a poor first half. We are now missing our rock in the middle Momo, hopefully we'll see Marchisio play or Poulsen who is a strong DM.

I hope we can win this, we just need to avoid the away goal and try scoring one. I hope Alex can have a great game, because when he's having a great game the team always perform better.

We can only hope for the best
Forza Bianconeri!

016019586ex00.jpg

=P

Nice to see him choosing Serie A over other leagues. Great add to Serie A and especially Juve.

I don't know about the others juve fans but im really excited to watch Serie A next season, specially Juventus.
Diego coming for another team that i support (Werder Bremen) and im expecting something for the defence to and a replacement for the left wing. Any names?

Back
Top Bottom