Juventus Thread

There are fresh rumours in Italy on Tuesday claiming that Juventus are ready to sell David Trezeguet this summer.

The Frenchman is only contracted to the outfit until 2005 but talks over an extension have yet to begin.

That has led to the belief that the Italian champions are ready to cash in on the striker who is looking for a pay rise.

Trezeguet reportedly earns around £1m a season - just a fraction of what some of the world’s other top strikers net.

Whispers claim that Juve would rather sell the 26-year-old than give in to his salary demands.

Chelsea were last week linked with a £25m move for the player, money that could be used by Juve to buy a cheaper replacement.

There presently seems to be three possible contenders to join the Bianconeri if Trez is sacrificed.

The first is Swedish striker Zlatan Ibrahimovich. The 22-year-old Ajax ace is highly rated on the continent.

The second possibility is Bernardo Corradi who was already targeted in the summer. Lazio would sell the 27-year-old at the right price given their financial problems.

Another contender is Christian Vieri who seems to be coming to the end of his stint with Inter.

I would prefer BOBO

Yes Bobo/Vieri is by far the best choice. Although Trezeguet is not one of my favourite players i do rate him much higher then Corradi(who i do like) and especially higher then Ibrahimovich(he can't play worth shit).

Don't forget, Bobo was a juventino a few years back, he spent one season with us but I think Moggi would want sommeone younger and Corradi fits the bill.

Chevanton totally dominated the Juve defence this weekend. ADP Should have shot instead of doodled around infront of the net on that one occasion. Ashame that Juve and Milan slipped.

I would prefer trezeguet to stay. Hes youger than both corradi and vieri. I also think he is also above corradi skill wise. Im a little dissapointed that Di Vaio hasn't had a good run in the team as he has performed well when he has come on. But i suppose they could sell trezeguet to chelsea for extra money than hes worth and then get corradi for cheap with money left over. They will still have del piero and di vaio

Totti is a great player but what do you think about him & ADP playing together, do you think they can co-exist after Inzaghi's contributions in the last couple of game, IMO I prefer Vieri as the lone striker. :D

Totti and ADP could play together but probably only if Italy played with one striker. The two of them off a lone striker (Vieri) could work well. The trouble is i just dont see it ever happening, the Italian managers are always obsessed with playing defensive football and I doubt theyd do it. In 98 Cesare Maldini should have played Roberto Baggio and ADP for the France game, then Italy would have beaten them instead of having to go thru a shoot out and then go out.

ADP, Totti and Vieri played together against germany(0-1) , should've been 0-2 but ADP's goal got ruled off wrongly. Anyway the first goal was Set up by ADP, pass to Vieri, Vieri makes a want to with Totti , Vieri scores. Ruled off goal: Totti on the ball creates space passes to Vieri, Vieri in a shot position does the smart thing and passes to ADP, goal! The three of 'em together worked great!

This was how the formation looked:

----------------------Vieri
----------Del Piero---Totti---Camoranesi
93283_351X180.jpg

Marcello Lippi is the main contender to take over from Giovanni Trapattoni and concedes he would love to be Italy’s next Coach.

“To be in charge of the Nazionale is a fascinating proposition,” he told the ‘Gazzetta dello Sport’.

“Of course I would love to take this post, but I cannot at this precise moment say where my future will be.”

The race to find the next Azzurri boss was sparked when Trapattoni confirmed he would move on – probably to the German Bundesliga – after the Euro 2004 tournament in Portugal.

Lippi has won every trophy imaginable with Juventus and seems to be in his last season in Turin.

“I could suggest a couple of names off the top of my head, such as Napoli or Sampdoria,” he continued.

“The Premier League is interesting, but I need to speak and communicate with my players, so my poor grasp of the English language would be a problem,” explained Lippi.

“The Spanish Liga is another option entirely, as I have always been curious to experience the football, the cities and the climate out there.”

In Lippi’s time at Juventus he has won five Serie A titles, a Champions’ League trophy, European and Italian Supercups and a Coppa Italia.

I just heard that the arrival of Massimo Oddo is on the cards, I know Juve have there hopes in signing him, we shall see, he would be great as RB.

Inter’s hopes that Juventus have pulled out of the race to sign Dejan Stankovic have been dashed.

The Nerazzurri did seem in pole position for the Lazio player after he declared that he would like to join the Milanese side.

However, the Italian champions have hit back by claiming that the Serbian has already signed a pre-contract agreement with them.

Reports suggest that Juventus are ready to forward that understanding to the Italian Football League on January 2.

That would put the Turin giants in a strong position to take the midfielder given the fact that he could face sanctions if he opted to join another club.

In fact, there is the possibility that he could be banned if he has signed pre-contract agreements with more than one club.

Juventus have been caught up in a similar scenario in the 1990s over Luis Figo when he was still at Sporting Lisbon.

The winger agreed terms with both Juve and Parma which saw him them have to opt for a move to Barcelona instead.

Juve director Luciano Moggi has been complaining in recent days that his club were the first to reach an agreement with Stankovic before his agent and the player offered their services to Inter.

However, there is a chance that Juve could allow the San Siro side to sign Stankovic in return for a significant favour.

There are a few whispers which suggest that the Bianconeri wouldn’t stand in Inter’s way if they in turn pull out of the race to sign Lazio’s Jaap Stam.

I cant remembver but i think it was Sensi to moggi when Juve asked if Totti was for sale.

Sensi - "Sure every one loves a star.... i want to buy Noami Campbell, shes a beautiful and talented star. Totti is a good star, i want to keep him"

Sensi is an arrogant pig, I hate what he said about Batigol when he was sold to Inter, he said he was overhill and rubbish, yeah the same Batigol who baged in double figures season after season and won them there first scudetto in years.

hey bobo,now that lippi will be leavin ya lot,where'd ya reckon he'll end up?back to club management or in charge of the national team?

Back
Top Bottom