Just bought Pro Evolution Soccer 5 for PC, some questions.

Simcut

BF3 Addict
1 September 2007
Hertfordshire, England
Newcastle & Barnet
Hey all, thought I'd go retro and seeing as I sold my old ps2 game of this on ebay a long while ago I thought I'd buy it off ebay for the PC for next to nothing, and it arrived yesterday.

Have some questions please:-

1) How can I play in 1920x1200 resolution? it only goes up to 1280x1024 in the settings list

2) Does a Kitserver exist for PES 5?

3) Anyone know of a decent Option File for this season if possible?

4) Is there any way of making the camera zoom out more when using the broadcast view? its too close to the pitch & players for me....

5) Any other decent patches I should be aware of? it's hard to find things now as its PES 6, PES 2008, PES 2009, PES 2010 everywhere I look :( perhaps someone knows of a dedicated PES 5 website with an archive of updates etc?

So far I'm loving playing this game though with my ps3 controller, brings back memories and plays so good :D I'm gonna go back and do a master league with Deportivo La Coruna again \O/

Hope you can help answer my questions :)

Thanks

I've installed Kitserver 5 but cant see any option anywhere to change the resolution to 1920x1200, have checked the settings.exe and it doesnt show anything over 1280x1024 ? :)

I'm gonna quote the kitserver 5 manual.

This is the "kload.cfg" file:

Code:
# Loader configuration file

gdb.dir = ".\"
DLL.num = 9
DLL.0 = "kitserver\zlib1.dll"
DLL.1 = "kitserver\libpng13.dll"
DLL.2 = "kitserver\kserv.dll"
DLL.3 = "kitserver\bserv.dll"
DLL.4 = "kitserver\fserv.dll"
DLL.5 = "kitserver\lodmixer.dll"
DLL.6 = "kitserver\stadium.dll"
DLL.7 = "kitserver\dxtools.dll"
DLL.8 = "kitserver\bootserv.dll"

# DirectX options
dx.force-SW-TnL = 0
dx.emulate-HW-TnL = 0
[B]#dx.fullscreen.width = 1920
#dx.fullscreen.height = 1200[/B]

The last two options - dx.fullscreen.width and dx.fullscreen.height - can be used to enforce custom resolution in fullscreen mode. Note that those two options are disabled by default; to enable, remove the comment sign ('#') at the begining of those two lines, and make sure you specify resolution that your monitor supports.

I hope I helped! :)

I still play PES5, and after getting PES 10 I think it won't be long when I'm back playing it. :)

Is there any site that still supports it? There's a huge following for an old title (NHL 2004) here. It's considered the best PC hockey game and people make addons for it very actively.

I'm really surprised that I haven't found a similar site for PES5. What a great game it is...

Back
Top Bottom