Just been 'had' on eBay...

MonkeyJug

Steering 747s Up Above U!
15 December 2001
Southampton
Glasgow Rangers
bought an infocus in76 720p projector on ebay last week. it arrived first thing this morning, 10 days after paying for it...

opened it up, and it was a bloody in74!!!

paid £561 for it too!

funny thing is, it was listed as 'new' - 'only opened to take pictures'. the projector arrived in an in76 box, which begs the question, just how 'new' was it if it was in the wrong box! all the bags for the leads had clearly been opened too, and all the leads had clearly been 'used' cos there was no little ties on any of them...

if anyone is interested, the item number is 150373714612 and the sellers' name is jthompson1086

i'm f**king fuming, to say the least... what a waste of my time!

i intend to, but i have a funny feeling i won't be getting any replies to my emails!

besides, why should i be liable to pay the postage costs back - that is what pisses me off just as much!

ascot - i've a good mind to drive up there and throw it at back at him...

the sheer fact that he posted the projector in the CORRECT box, is winding me up a treat! did he think i would just stick it straight up on my ceiling without checking it first!?!?!

T.W.A.T!

haha!! he's probably got his head buried in the sand like a bloody ostrich, pretending my emails aren't real and hoping i will just go away if he ignores me for long enough!!

does anyone know how the paypal dispute system works in relation to things like this?

That's the stupid thing about Paypal though, imagine if it was the other way around... the guy sends you the right item, you tell paypal he didnt send it and you get your money back. That's what can happen 9 times out of 10 and its unfair, it should be equal protection.

In this case obviously it should work in your favour as you've been had so good luck.

I've bought a faulty DVD writer off there that was listed as new, the guy had 20 of the things so I hope they're not all faulty and he's done this to 19 other people.

He's not been replying to any emails either, surprise surprise. I know I shouldn't use eBay for purchases like that but when it's £10-£20 cheaper it's hard not to...

that's me done with eBay.

last two purchases have gone completely wrong. first was a 'professionally refurbished xbox 360 elite' that E74d after just 2 hours, and the second was this projector...

ebay is a joke, and the guy gets off scot-free! where is the justice?

few questions

did you sign for it? if not, then there is no proof of delivery and you can claim

have you put in a dispute yet? not as described- collect as much evidence backing your case as possible

did you pay with a credit card? - your credit card company could get it back for you, regardless of what paypal think

few questions

did you sign for it? if not, then there is no proof of delivery and you can claim

have you put in a dispute yet? not as described- collect as much evidence backing your case as possible

did you pay with a credit card? - your credit card company could get it back for you, regardless of what paypal think

my main concern now is that that TWAT be made to pay me back the £561 rather than paypal refunding it to me and he gets to keep it...

does anyone know how this works in relation to making HIM give up the money he stole from me? he has already withdrawn it to his bank account, because he said he was skint and couldn't afford to post it until the funds cleared, which i now know the real reason was that he knew i would be filing a dispute with paypa as soon as i received the goods and he knew paypal would 'freeze' his account as soon as i did that...

crafty little bastard!

I sent three emails to the guy who sold me the dodgy DVD drive, over the course of a week. No response. So today I go to Paypal - WITHIN TEN MINUTES I GET AN EMAIL OFF HIM!

"You didn't send me three emails so let's not exaggerate" - so I've forwarded the three emails to him and asked him what's wrong with his email account. "You can send the drive back to me at your own cost for a refund if you like" - why should I pay for the postage when you're the one selling duff drives? And I also asked him if he thinks it's a bit of a coincidence that the only email he's sent to me since purchase is within ten minutes of me filing a Paypal dispute.

Total tosser. Never again.

yeah, the postage thing is what pisses me off too... why the hell should WE be out of money because he is a bloody crook?!

my main concern now is that that TWAT be made to pay me back the £561 rather than paypal refunding it to me and he gets to keep it...

does anyone know how this works in relation to making HIM give up the money he stole from me? he has already withdrawn it to his bank account, because he said he was skint and couldn't afford to post it until the funds cleared, which i now know the real reason was that he knew i would be filing a dispute with paypa as soon as i received the goods and he knew paypal would 'freeze' his account as soon as i did that...

crafty little bastard!

First of all, Paypal are absolute bastards. I was posting only a few months ago how bad they were in settling disputes especially as they always side with the buyer over the seller.

There are three paths you could take.

The sensible path
It may be worth taking a claim out with Paypal, being as you are the buyer and see what they advise. They may be able to recover the funds from him anyway and I'm sure they have measures in place to safeguard against scam artists. It could take a while though.

The quick path
Do you have the return address? You could always pay him a visit with the boys and get your £561 worth of flesh - ironically using the projector as your tool of destruction :D. You could then stand there as he wires the money back over to your account/refunds the money through paypal/withdraws the cash and gives it you back there and then.

The risky, shit them up path
Failing that, a quick call to the police could settle the matter, especially when you have a crime number you can forward on to him warning him that unless he returns all of your money you'll go ahead pressing charges for the fraud. You'll get the money back eventually.

:LMAO: I like the quick path! Especially using the projector as a weapon! I can just imagine it...

"IN74!?!? IN74!?!? I'll show you a fucking in74!!!"

*SMACK on the side of his face with the lens*

just to keep you guys updated...

still heard NOTHING from the seller, the little prick, so i have raised the dispute to a claim.

i now have to wait until he responds, which he hasn't so far, so looks like i'll be waiting a while - at least until the 3rd november before they make a decision, but his silence is only compounding his guilt...

Back
Top Bottom