Jelle Klaasen - World Darts Champion!

M

MonkeyJug

i'm surprised to find there is no thread about the darts! or maybe i'm blind...

the final tonight was fantastic - one of the best in years. the young lad beat the dutch master in a thriller.

any dutch guys care to comment on how much interest the match created in holland? is he going to get a hero's welcome tomorrow when he arrives back in holland?

The Netherlands is already pretty darts crazy, this year was no different. Klaassen can surely expect some busy days and will receive a hero's welcome in his hometown.

I saw him play a few times running up to the final and he looked great, really fast.

But I don't really think this darts is as good as the other on Sky.

It may not be on the same level, but as Monkeyboy said there the final was fantastic, old Barney wasn't giving up his title without a fight, and the momentum swung from one to the other last night. In the PDC, Phil the Power won 7-0, I mean that wasnt darts, that was exhibtion stuff. I have no doubt Phil the Power is head and shoulders above any other darts player there is out there, but the others in the PDC are about the same level as the BDO players I reckon.

is 'the power' really that far ahead of everyone else? the guy i live with says he is unbelievable...

i've never been able to get into the sky darts, not sure why - maybe it's all the razzamatazz surrounding it...

I miss wee Jocky.

url

He was always that pished his darts would spend more time sticking out of the spectators rather than the board. :mrgreen:

I swear he only played Darts because he got free booze.

FD

MonkeyJug said:
is 'the power' really that far ahead of everyone else? the guy i live with says he is unbelievable...

i've never been able to get into the sky darts, not sure why - maybe it's all the razzamatazz surrounding it...

The averages are much better, the atmosphere at the Tavern is electric, there's more money invloved and they seem to hit their doubles more.

The Power really is that good! In the final Manley hit 180 to give himself an easy finish and then Taylor checked out on 170!

He's also had two 9 dart finishes in tournaments in the last couple of years.

good i put a bet on him winning lol, i watched him in the first game he was amaizng i fort theres a tallent put bet on got some cash well done klassan,great game loads of 180's

Only1tevez!!! You're making me sick, your use of language is terrible!! It's Jelle Klaasen, not Klaasan!!! You also never use caps. You write every word that's longer than 5 letters the wrong way. I'm from Holland myself, but it's just annoying. I hate you, I really do.

I believe Taylor 3 dart average in the PDC final was just over 106 compared to Klaasen just over 90! Even the great man Bristow labelled the lakeside final as a amature event and said

"I just hope whoever is looking after him doesn't try to set up a unification match against Phil Taylor because Phil would kill him."

I think Klaasen will move over to the PDC as that's where the money is. Once his consistency has improved as he plays well in bursts at the moment.

Joost, I love you.

joostebrood said:
Only1tevez!!! You're making me sick, your use of language is terrible!! It's Jelle Klaasen, not Klaasan!!! You also never use caps. You write every word that's longer than 5 letters the wrong way. I'm from Holland myself, but it's just annoying. I hate you, I really do.

I must say I love you too.

Someone else cant stand this guys writing. I'm sorry tevez but you're fucking useless. I had a go at him elsewhere and got a mouthful of abuse from him.

His writing is enough to make your eyes bleed.

Anyways on topic, I was hugely disappointed with this final. Klaasen was immense but Barney was so poor. How anyone could say it was the best final for years clearly hasnt seen many Embassy finals.

A good result but a poor game imho. I think Barney is off to the PDC now too.

It's PDC and whats the other called?

My mate at school was saying that this darts match was normal/average, the thing they show on Sky is better, is that PDC?

Yeah, its the BDO that has the Embassy Champs at the Lakeside.

PDC is where the money is and its where Phil "The Power" Taylor is.

Lol, I agree Phil Taylor is the best dartplayer in the world, but everyone else at the PDC is on the same level as the BDO players.

Mardle couldn't do shit at the BDO. Manley's average was shit in the final of the PDC Championship.

I think the other on average is stronger too, on this one they seem a lot less accurate, I think they can hit the treble 20's about the same but anywhere else on the board they are dodgy.

Back
Top Bottom