Japan earthquake - March 2011

PIPA23

retired :)
21 June 2007
I feel there is need for this thread here as many Japan editors or members are registered here..

This earthquake is a massive tragedy..the pictures coming from Japan are unbeliveable..

just want to say my prayers are with you guys ... stay strong even if it´s very hard...

for those who are interested..look at this:http://totallycoolpix.com/2011/03/japan-hit-by-massive-earthquake-and-tsunami/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dm2Hr-1l1MM
YouTube - Japan hit by Tsunami
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=0R4mvC3s05o
YouTube - Japan Earthquake March 11th 2011 Refinery Burns - Knobbyknife

:PRAY: praying for you guys!

yes there can be another tsunamis for indonesia, hawai, USA-Canada but also in south america :( guys we are with you...

japan_057.jpg

off topic: Killed the creator of Pro Evolution Soccer Shingo Seabass Takatsuka, after the tsunami occurred in Japan, was heading to the inauguration of a konami game in orakuwa south coast, when the great tsunami lashed at 14:57 Japan time.

:(

My thoughts are with the people of Japan. Such a terrible tragedy.

If there's one nation on earth that knows how to deal with an Earthquake quickly and efficiently it's Japan. I wish them all the best.

yes indeed, earthquake is one thing...but Japan has to deal mainly with massive tsunami that make most of the damage..

i can´t even imagine how many people died...becouse from the pictures and videos..some of them didn´t have the chance to escape.. :(

Unfortunately there's little that can be done to protect against a Tsunami apart from plenty of warning and time to evacuate. The people along the coast in Japan didn't have that and I fear the death toll will be much, much higher over the coming days.

hi guys - my family and I are fine although we have lots of friends in Sendai we are concerned for and I have been busy trying to track them. I am living in Hokkaido and have not even felt a tremor.

The tv has been showing coverage on all channels 24 hrs a day.

hi guys - my family and I are fine although we have lots of friends in Sendai we are concerned for and I have been busy trying to track them. I am living in Hokkaido and have not even felt a tremor.

The tv has been showing coverage on all channels 24 hrs a day.

Good to hear mate. I hope all your friends are safe. The situation out there looks so terrible.

Hokkaido is the north island, right? So you were fairly close to the epicentre and didn't feel a thing?

That's quite impressive earthquake stabilising architecture - Tokyo was quite safe.

Sadly, they're expecting well over 10,000 deaths in the Miyagi prefecture alone - :(

Oooh damn it,that's too sad to see and hear.What happened there is such a tragedy.Hundreds dead,and hundreds missing and could-be dead.I'm sooo sorry for what happened,even if I 'm not responsible at all.The whole world must be warned in order to stop such tragedies.I was so shocked to hear it.R.I.P. for all who died,courage to the others and let's all hope that it will stop and people there will recover quickly.

Not much debate in the news about nuclear reactors versus other technology,like modern day coal facilities which only outputs water vapor. It's not like coal is the best way to go, but building nuclear reactors is just begging for trouble.

Not much debate in the news about nuclear reactors versus other technology,like modern day coal facilities which only outputs water vapor. It's not like coal is the best way to go, but building nuclear reactors is just begging for trouble.

The problem with coal is that, someday, we will run out of it. I guess japanese people figure out another way to get energy, but I don't think is wise to build 40 nuclear reactors in an earthquake area

All my prayers go to Japan :PRAY:

Back
Top Bottom