J League Winning Eleven 9 - Aisa Championship - - - First Impressions

jumbo said:
I could give my impressions but I think it's all been said already so no point.

With that in mind, if this is any indication, WE9LWE might as well be the ultimate footy exp on PS2.

Jumbo my bro has ordered J-League and its on its way via DHL. can you confirm if an option to load up data from WE9 is available??

has anyone tried j-league online yet? i wonder how good those japanese players really are.

i thought players outside of japan could not access Winning Eleven servers?

can anyone be kind enough to list the japanese teams in corect order. at the moment i am editing all the players. i would like to know which team i am when playing ML.

Played against comp in a cup competition the other night with a mate on the same side. Great fun - we were absolutely useless though, despite our Korean teams best efforts. A case of bad players rather than a bad team......

one thing i just noticed is that u cant view the j-league teams players shirts when in edit mode. this means i cant change there names to english.

bit Pissed off about this..

May i ask which european club teams are in this version?

I was waiting for WE9Fe (if there is going to be one..) but since everyone here recommend this vers. should i wait or buy now?

thx for the info

jhatakihk said:
May i ask which european club teams are in this version?

I was waiting for WE9Fe (if there is going to be one..) but since everyone here recommend this vers. should i wait or buy now?

thx for the info

1/ J- League 1 (18 Clubs )

1- Kashima Antlers
2- Urawa Reds
3- Omiya Ardija
4- JEF United
5- Kawasaki Reysol
6- FC Tokyo
7- Tokyo Verdy
8- Kawasaki Frontale
9- Yokohama F-Marinos
10- Aibirex Niigata
11- Shimizu S-Pulse
12- Jubilo Owata
13- Grampus Eight
14- Gamba Osaka
15- Cerezo Osaka
16- Vissel Kobe
17- Sanfrecce Hiroshima
18- Oita Trinita

2/ J- League 2 (12 Clubs )

1- Consadole Sapporo
2- Vegalta Sendai
3- Montedio
4- Mito Hollyhock
5- Thespa Kusatsu
6- Yokohama FC
7- Shonan Bellmare
8- Ventforet Kofu
9- Kyoto Purple Sanga
10 - Tokushima Vortis
11- Avispa Fukuoka
12- Sagan Tosu

3/ K- League (13 Clubs)

1- Bucheon SK
2- Busan I'Park
3- Cheobuk Hyundai Motors
4- Chunnam Dragons
5- Daegu FC
6- Daejeon Citizen
7- FC Seoul
8- Gwangju SP
9- Incheon United
10- Pohang Steelers
11- Seongnam Iihwa Chunma
12- Suwon Samsung Bluewings
13- Ulsan Hyundai Horang-i

4/ Asia other (11 Clubs)

1- Shandong Luneng*
2- Shanghai Shenshua*
3- Shenzhen Jianlibao*
4- Dalian Shide FC*
5- Beijing Hyundai
6- Bec Tero
7- Psm Makassar
8- Krung Thai
9- Binh Dinh
10- Persebaya
11- Hoang Anh GL

5/ AFC Champions League ( 17 Clubs )

1- Al Ain (UAE)*
2- Al Ahli (UAE)*
3- Al Ahli (KSA)
4- Al Ittihad (KSA)*
5- Al Kuwait (KUW)
6- Al Sadd (QAT)
7- Al Zawraa (IRQ)
8- Al Salmiya (KUW)
9- Al Jaish (SYR)
10-Al Shabab (KSA)
11-Al Shorta (IRQ)
12-Al Rayyan (QAT)
13-Al Wahda (SYR)
14-Sepahan (IRN)
15-Neftchi (UZB)
16-Pakhtakor (UZB)
17-Pas (IRN)

6/ European Teams 1

1- Arsenal
2- Chelsea
3- Manchester United
4- Liverpool
5- PSG
6- Monaco
7- Lyon
8- Werder Bremen
9- Bayern Munchen
10-Bayer Leverkusen
11-Inter Milan
12-AC Milan
13-Juventus
14-Lazio
15-Roma

7/ European Teams 2

1- PSV Eindhoven
2- Feyenoord
3- Ajax
4- Barcelona
5- Valencia
6- Real Madrid
7- Galatasaray
8- Sparta Prague
9- Celtic
10-Dynamo Kyiv
11-Porto
12-Rangers

Other Teams

1- Sao Paulo
2- Santos
3- Boca Juniors
4- River Plate

I had done all grid mapping for the Clubs' Emblems, come to my thread by pressing my sign if you need them.(at page 23-24, some european club please go to the first page and click into the single download link)

Cheers :)

Last edited:
This game is absoloutely fucking shit.

Im livid. After trying to play a j-league im just angry, wound up and pissed off totally.

I hope for the japanese sake the j-league isnt like this because i feel sorry for them. A few annoying things:

Firstly;

Why the fuck does everyteam have 5 or more men back ALL the time? Every fucking team has a wall of defenders every single time, with usually two sitting in their own box? The only way to counter this is to go a bit gung ho which leaves you open at the back. Surely not every team plays with 10 men behind the ball? Fucking frustrating that.

Secondly where are the yellow cards? Im sick to death of getting ahead of the cpu and him clipping my ankles. the game is tough enough without the cpu tripping you up everytime your trying to bound towards goal - and they never get carded fucking ever!

Thirdly...if i want to play a j-league can i please use what ball i want instead of that leagues specific ball? Also why is every game practically at night? Minor gripes i know but the otion should be there like in we9. Talking of which theres more fouls and less cards than there is in we9 we9 positively flows compared to this. When you take into account the players are probably half the skill of the major european sides the fouls really annoy as getting past your man is an absoloute chore.

And finally whats going on with the balls and kits? What happened to the spanish and dutch teams? they arnt licensed for some really odd reason. Plus the selection of balls, wheres the pelias 2? its in the cups but not in the selection, instead you get a crappy classic, plain, and those awful f-50 things, wheres the pelias 1 and 2?

GRRR!

P.S i must say however the licensed teams are quality as are the stadiums.

people from korea and chaina can play winning eleven online, the only problem is when registering, you need to understand some japanees

I'd also like to mention i've never seen so many sidesteps! Even more than we9! The cpu does it all the time. Crap.

gameplay sounds great but don't think i could stomach all those jap teams, i prefer the euro battles of AZ v Palermo for example

Peter Eyres said:
are crosses more effective in this version? Sorry if a sound like a broken record, but PES5 is so unbelievably frustrating and arcadey

Yes crosses are more effective the whole gameplay is far superior to pes5 just less euro teams :D

hi,

i'm playing we9jl now and it seems no different than pes5

I regard myself as a pes/we veteran and i can't see any differences

yesimissyou said:
Are all of the European teams officialy licenced?

no only a few. clubs like liverpool havent even got the FIFpro license. all the players are named wrong.

chelsea, arsenal, rangers, celtic and the italian clubs are fully licensed. the dutch clubs are no longer licensed.

I played it during a 2vs2 session until late last night. Keepers are better and more diverse. Scoring from distance defenitely seems a lot harder. Most of all, changing players during a 2vs2 match is more fluid. That part was so irritating in pes5. The player would stop in his tracks or even run towards the player with the ball instead of making a run towards goal.

But i wonder....is there a patch or option file for this game?

Edit

I must be blind.

Last edited:
Are all we9 option files compatible with the jl version? If not, please be more specific where to find it :eh:

Han said:
Are all we9 option files compatible with the jl version? If not, please be more specific where to find it :eh:

no they are not. i looking for a WE9JL option file myself.

Playing it today and appreciating a few little bits and pieces....some of the pitches are awful and spoils the enjoyment a little.....overall not bad so far

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom