J League Winning Eleven 9 - Aisa Championship - - - First Impressions

the_thing said:
wut new animations have they added?

I'm not 100% sure but it seem to me that there are new animations for the players turning and also 1 touch passes seem to have an extra animation.
Might just be me but even though i dont know much about half of the teams the gameplay itself is like we9 but a bit slower paced and the animation seem more fluid with all the teams not just Asian clubs sides..

You have to try to appreciate it. It kinda hard to describe in words.

Its deff harder than we9 so its more of a challenge\better feeling when you win.

Last edited:
Why do these wankers release a game 8 weeks after PES5 which is clearly better in a number of departments? Did they do all this great work in 8 weeks or did they start working on this before PES5 was even released? If it's the latter then we've been screwed over big time.

awesome thread, probably the only opinions in english that is on the web(!!) , it's nice that u can play against european teams at least, how big a handful is it??

since i follow J.LEAGUE, my game should be arriving any day now. funnily enough i have WE9, but i play WE9:UE more^__^

Toku said:
I will get the game day after tommorow \\:o/

congrats(!!)to J1 next season(!!)

.vic
(J.LEAGUE) KASHIMA Antlers 56pts(4th)GO!!GO!!

Last edited by a moderator:
TheWolf said:
Why do these wankers release a game 8 weeks after PES5 which is clearly better in a number of departments? Did they do all this great work in 8 weeks or did they start working on this before PES5 was even released? If it's the latter then we've been screwed over big time.

It´s nothing new. The best versions the last years:WE 6 FE, W7 international JP, W8 J-L, W8LW. The PES-versions are allways the weakest gameplaywise and have the most "bugs". I have the feeling that konami have a second team for the european version that makes the conversion and tweak the gameplay in the wrong direction. I only mention the unstopable dribble in PES 2 that makes the hole game a joke or the nonreacting keepers in PES 4 and now the uncontrolable shooting and the bad crossing in PES 5. WE 9 was ways better than PES 5 , but now WE 9 J-League is absolute awesome. It´s the same procedeure like every year and i don´t understand konami, because PES play a whole more people. So why they don´t change their cycle and bring the best WE/PES for most fans of the series.

TheWolf said:

Konami Japan have nothing to do with Konami Europe who are improving / creating the european market PES versions.

More comments now that I've had much more time with the game...

- Passes are definitely better, and it's quite noticeable. The errant passes are reduced and they are usually right on the money. They've somewhat improved the through passing too. For example, I had a 3-2 breakaway situation and my player was on the right wing, and the striker in the center was almost parallel to me running alongside. I made a through pass, and it was perfectly weighed to the striker running up for a good finish (in WE9, a through pass in the same situation would have been too ahead and be caught by the goalie). Similarly, the L1 through I think is a bit better.

- This is not a good thing, and IMO, the long distance shots have become even BETTER... I had a session of about 6 games with my friend recently and almost all goals came from long-distance strikes... quite unrealistic...

- Free kicks are slightly harder, but not by much. You can still hit them quite easily.

- AI has definitely improved somewhat... and the number of penalties that the AI gives up has gone down a lot.

- Unfortunately, the computer still hardly get any yellows... they can make the nastiest tackles and still get away with it... ugh...

OPM said:
Konami Japan have nothing to do with Konami Europe who are improving / creating the european market PES versions.

Improving? You´r joking! They are ruining the game year after year. I bought PES 5 for online play and sold it after two weeks and go back to WE 9, because the game simply don´t made any fun. Yesterday J-League arrived and I´m so happy with it. The WE-feeling is back.

cant stress enough how special this game is!

An absolute corker. Played it at my mates and it takes PES5 apart. Anyone who hasnt played this make sure you do asap!

the_thing said:
so basically Konami Japan makes WE9 sends it to Konami Europe and they "make improvements" then release PES5?

that's the deal as far as i know.

see the "improvements" as you want, for me speeding up the game like the allways do is a big, big letdown.

so i don't blame konami for any new asian version they release cause they play a hundred times better.

just had a brilliant international cup with england, it's just a pleasure playing with j-league...so much improved in terms of feeling if you compare it to either we9 or pes5. :applause:

efexx said:
Improving? You´r joking! They are ruining the game year after year. I bought PES 5 for online play and sold it after two weeks and go back to WE 9, because the game simply don´t made any fun. Yesterday J-League arrived and I´m so happy with it. The WE-feeling is back.

my words man!:)

Ive played we9jl for most of the weekend now, and i have to say its certainaly slower than we9 which i love. from what ive heard its more different from pes5 than it is we9, since we9 was the better of the 2 (from peoples opinions at evo web).

i still play we9 because of the option files.. but yeah.. i do love we9jl.. and dont what it is..but it does play better.. its not a huge difference yet, but i do like it only a bit better than we9 which for me was bliss anyways.
Also noticed on we9jl that the sound of hitting post is better.. louder..
anyone notice this.

cheers,
steve

and looks like a couple of new celebrations in the edit.. the last 2 i think..i didnt notice them in the previous versions.. ie. celeb 73 and 72 i think

My copy is on its way.This will be the first Jleague edition for me although I've played all the WE versions.
The enthusiasm of you guys on the forum has made me check this out and I'm really looking forward to it.
What is the atmosphere like on this game as I can't imagine any specific crowd chants are likely in the near future?
Although gameplay is the most important thing for me, I must say that the atmosphere generated can give a real buzz to the experience,especially as the Asian crowds are so vocal in support of their teams.

He he ....I'm so glad that I started this thread.....My mate at work swears by PES5 and I cannot convert him.......My thoughts that this was the best version so far has been confirmed by all of you thanks...

Can someone please do the kits and Ads patch that would complete this game so I can play with the international teams.....

i'd do kits for this but damn, find me pics of saudi arabian or chinese teams...lol.:lol:

when i get pictures...maybe 1-2 days for 1 or 2 teams.i really badly want this patched 100%.

Hope u manage to make the rest of the Asian team kits mate. You should start a new thread in the editing forum requesting the kit pics of theses teams:

4/ Asia other (11 Clubs)

1- Shandong Luneng
2- Shanghai Shenshua
3- Shenzhen Jianlibao
4- Dalian Shide FC
5- Beijing Hyundai
6- Bec Tero
7- Psm Makassar
8- Krung Thai
9- Binh Dinh
10- Persebaya
11- Hoang Anh GL

5/ AFC Champions League ( 19 Clubs )

1- Al Ain (UAE)
2- Al Ahli (UAE)
3- Al Ahli (KSA)
4- Al Ittihad (KSA)
5- Al Kuwait (KUW)
6- Al Sadd (QAT)
7- Al Zawraa (IRQ)
8- Al Salmiya (KUW)
9- Al Jaish (SYR)
10-Al Shabab (KSA)
11-Al Shorta (IRQ)
12-Al Rayyan (QAT)
13-Al Wahda (SYR)
14-Sepahan (IRN)
15-Neftchi (UZB)
16-Pakhtakor (UZB)
17-Pas (IRN)

Hope u succeed:applause: :D

jayz123 said:
Hope u manage to make the rest of the Asian team kits mate. You should start a new thread in the editing forum requesting the kit pics of theses teams:

4/ Asia other (11 Clubs)

1- Shandong Luneng
2- Shanghai Shenshua
3- Shenzhen Jianlibao
4- Dalian Shide FC
5- Beijing Hyundai
6- Bec Tero
7- Psm Makassar
8- Krung Thai
9- Binh Dinh
10- Persebaya
11- Hoang Anh GL

5/ AFC Champions League ( 19 Clubs )

1- Al Ain (UAE)
2- Al Ahli (UAE)
3- Al Ahli (KSA)
4- Al Ittihad (KSA)
5- Al Kuwait (KUW)
6- Al Sadd (QAT)
7- Al Zawraa (IRQ)
8- Al Salmiya (KUW)
9- Al Jaish (SYR)
10-Al Shabab (KSA)
11-Al Shorta (IRQ)
12-Al Rayyan (QAT)
13-Al Wahda (SYR)
14-Sepahan (IRN)
15-Neftchi (UZB)
16-Pakhtakor (UZB)
17-Pas (IRN)

Hope u succeed:applause: :D

i will open it now :)

haven't heard anything from him for ages, so i guess there won't be anything soon - that's why i start working on some kits.

I must order the game. :p

EDIT: OPM that's great new! It will be a joy playing Master League, with all licensed kits. :D

preview

al_ain_away_ww.png

come over here and help us getting this forward!:D :D

http://www.evo-web.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=27489

Back
Top Bottom