1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

I've got PES5 on the PSP :)

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer' started by aaarrrggh, 29 October 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaarrrggh

aaarrrggh League 2

20 March 2005
    Check it out guys:

[​IMG]

And it plays like a dream :D

Last edited: 29 October 2005
  2. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Ummmm, well done?

Either make this topic about something, or it's gonna be locked. :)

3. wutang_04

wutang_04 Killa Bee.

28 March 2005
    Manchester.
    How is the online play on it? or is there not any?
    Also have you had the chance to play wireless can you tell us about that?
    Also can you confirm whether it has a master league or not?
    Pls post info for everyone. Thx, and highlight any obvious differences from the PS2 version.

4. aaarrrggh

aaarrrggh League 2

20 March 2005

lol sorry mate. I've just been playing it so much that I guess I'm not thinking properly right now.

It really is immense. The translation to psp from the ps2 is incredibly impressive. It took a while to get used to playing it at first, but once I'd got used to the controls I was totally hooked.

I reckon I'm gonna get fired soon, because I'll probably be taking it into work with me from now on :D

5. aaarrrggh

aaarrrggh League 2

20 March 2005

Not tried going online with it yet, but then I've not been online with my psp yet as I only got it today and don't really know how to do it.

I've not had the chance to play anyone wirelessly, as nobody I know owns either a psp or the game itself yet, but I really can't wait to try it out. I'll let you know what it's like if I get a chance to do it.

It does have a master league option :)

The layout and menu system is pretty much identical to the ps2 version from what I can tell. There is still commentary, but I've turned that off as it pecks head in whichever format.

Graphically it's slightly inferior to the ps2, and some of the animations seem to have been toned down somewhat, but it's still basically the same game, and it flows beautifully :)

One minor issue is that PES isnt really the kind of game you can really play when you're waiting for a bus or something like that in my opinion. Mind you, once you're ON the bus, it's basically perfect :)

I'll post more when I've played it some more. Ask me whatever you like :)

6. wutang_04

wutang_04 Killa Bee.

28 March 2005
    Manchester.
    err last thing from me!! err how is the game playing without super cancel?
    Theyve tried to lessen its importance on PS2 but its still damn hard to play without using super cancel (R1 + R2). THx in advance, and thx for the answers!!

7. mattster12

mattster12 All-round Bastard

11 April 2005
    What firmware did it require? I mean did you have to upgrade to say firmware 2.5?

Also can you actually play a ML or is it one transferred from your ps2?

Thanks

8. aaarrrggh

aaarrrggh League 2

20 March 2005
    Good question, but to be honest I rarely use super cancel myself, so I havent noticed it too much. I suppose it could cause problems for people who are used to it, but then I suppose everyone playing on psp will be in the same boat. If super cancel is in the game, I don't know how to do it.

9. aaarrrggh

aaarrrggh League 2

20 March 2005
    I'm using firmware 2.0 ;)

Yes you can play a proper master-league on it. It saves the games to the memory card inside the psp just like it would for the ps2.

Also, it's worth noting that with a larger sized memory card (mine is a one gig one), you can save LOADS of goal replays :)

10. mattster12

11 April 2005
    Cool man thanks for the info, I was wrong about being able to play the ML so I'm glad :D

11. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Hold on, there IS a ML option?!?!

Sounds odd, I thought it was a given that ML wouldn't be on the first generation PSP versions, good move Konami I suppose.

12. Cloud1863

Cloud1863 Premiership

10 December 2004
    Stoke City
    Im surprised if thee is as I dont think WE9 on the PSP has a ML mode.

13. ClassicD

ClassicD Galáctico

11 November 2001
    Glasgow
    Celtic
    I'm sure it was stated in interviews that ML wouldn't be in this version either? :eh:

14. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Looks fake to me. I did the exact same thing here a few months back. lol.
    The fact that he started the thread to show off a photo of his PSP proves to me that he's trying more than he should be to convince us. If you really had it, why would you have to show a photo? Cant we believe you if you told the truth?

15. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    Well I guess if he didn't everyone would have shouted PROOF? :p

Anyway, I think it's fake, none of the PSP's lights are on that I can see?

16. KOP_007

KOP_007 Banned

22 March 2003
    Merseyside
    A photo on a PSP.

Surely not this again.

17. ash

ash DeMinistrator

21 March 2004
    London
    Man Utd
    Show us some more pics, or videos!

18. Ro

Ro Non-League

29 July 2003
    Holland
    hmm I read in a magazine that there is no ML in the game itself..but you can synchrone the ML of the PS2 with the PSP and play your ML on the PSP..I hope that's true!!!!!

19. adds102

adds102 Guest

there is a master leage on pes5 psp cause in opsm2 they said that you can put your master league onto your pes5 psp and ply it say on holiday etc so there is going to be a master league

20. kooynami

kooynami Alive

9 August 2003
    Netherlands
    FAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

21. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    What camera angles can you play on, aaargh?

22. mikeyt086

mikeyt086 Guest

erm...he just put a pic of the menu screen onto his mem stick and viewed the photo, let me ask you this, IF you do have it, how did you get it?

23. linlin

linlin Non-League

14 November 2003
    big fake!

24. mattster12

11 April 2005
    Hmm after some sleep I agree it's fake. He's full of shit, what a fukin loser. Cos although there might be a ML option, I believe you can't actually play it. You can only do the management side. Then you have to play your games when at home.

Also he says there's commentary, well there ain't idiot. Next time your gonna lie do some simple reading about the games features.

But seriously why do it?? Is your life really that sad?? Tosser!!

25. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    So all this was a big fake!

I was about to ask him for more screenshots lol.

Last edited: 29 October 2005
  26. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
    Even if this turns out to be fake, there's no need for this kind of attitude here, so please stop that.

27. mattster12

11 April 2005
    Yeh sorry maybe I went over the top abit. Just think he's being stupid.

28. RAISH

RAISH I WRITE THE BOOK

19 June 2004
    the picture is far to clear compared to the actual pic of the psp.

29. CW

CW C Dub Founding Member

6 October 2001
    Liverpool
    Okay, enough of this thread....at least til the games official release anyway

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.