It's taken me 12 years, but..............................

fd1972uk

---------------------
9 January 2002
Glasgow
Celtic
I finally managed to score a proper overhead kick. :BOP:

Since the days of ISS Pro Evo on PS in 1999, I've never managed to score a proper overhead kick.

The nearest I came to a goal was with Elber for Brazil in Pro Evo 2 I think which crashed off the bar.

Now it was no amazing 18 yard overhead kick or anything, but I've finally achieved the holy grail!

Last night I was playing as Uruguay in the Copa America against Argentina. Was down 2-0 and corner came in I headed against bar and on the rebound players went up and the ball went up in the air, the goalie was out of position and big Abreu (was a goal machine for me until we got knocked out by Brazil 10-3 on aggregrate :FAIL: ) was waiting for it and executed a lovely overhead kick, only around 6 yards out or so, but I'm taking it no matter wherever it was.

:WORSHIP: for me!!!!! :P

FD

I am online mate, yes, will need to do that sometime.

I can't say I'm a big multi-player/online gamer, pretty clueless really.

I presume you are on PS3 as that's all I have?

I can't mind the id names if it's an e-mail address to add or not, but I know it's fd1972uk as normal, just can't mind if there's an e-mail address at the end when you have to add a friend on PS3 network.

FD

congrats. I'm still trying to get that "true" overhead kick. Funny how back in Fifa 2000 you could score 2-3 a game. With a defender.

Was fully expecting a video here. Hope you saved it and a video is coming.

They are so rare that I can pretty much pinpoint my last one too. Scored by the legend that was Gabriel Batistuta in my final year of uni 2002/2003, playing co-op ML with a friend on ISS Pro Evolution 2 when we should have been revising.

Congratulations Frank...
I've managed it once in PES11 with Villareal's Marcos Senna (an unlikely player to score such a goal). I forgot to save that goal...of course.

well done, think i've connected with about a dozen proper overhead kicks in pes since it first came out and the closest i got was the crossbar and post. I'll wee when i score one.

I can fully understand your excitment!

A few months ago I played PES 2008 on the Playstation 2 (we played at a friend's who hasn't got a Playstation 3 yet) and I managed my first overhead kick goal ever. As I play the PES series since ISS Pro '98 it took me nearly the same amount of time (14 years)...

Of course I had to save this historic moment ;-)
YouTube - PES 2008: my best goal ever (overhead kick)

Last edited:
I can fully understand your excitment!

A few months ago I played PES 2008 on the Playstation 2 (we played at a friend's who hasn't got a Playstation 3 yet) and I managed my first overhead kick goal. As I play the PES series since ISS Pro '98 it took my nearly the same amount of time (14 years).

Of course I had to save this historic moment:
YouTube - PES 2008: my best goal ever (overhead kick)

Is it me or are those graphics better than 2012?

Is it me or are those graphics better than 2012?

I guess the animations were way better and the replay camera options were superior. as far as the graphics go, I think maybe the look better in this low quality video of mine, but the faces are much better now. But you're asking the wrong guy here, I think the PES series never really managed to repeat the Playstation 2 glory in so many ways...

But I think that's another topic in another thread.
Let's celebrate overhead kick goals here :-)

Well done mate I still have to score one and I to have been playing from ISS pro on the ps. There's a light breeze blowing through the stadium.

I've scored one ever, but it deflected in so I still don't think it counts. However has anyone else noticed players seem to get into position for overhead kicks more in 2012? I've already has 2 woodworks and about a dozen near misses this year. Bizarrely lots with the new left footed Master League Miranda replacement (don't make me spell his name!).

i remember the first (and only) time i scored a great overhead kick, i was playing ML with my cousin in WE4 and we just had shitty players but we bought Arellano (from Mexico) and in his first match i scored it:
it was a cross from the right and Arellano just perfectly timed his overhead kick to tle left top corner.. me and my cousin both left our controls and screamed on that beauty as it went it.. unbelievable kodak moment thanks to PES/WE, we still talk even about it sometimes nowadays, it was just pure magic!

Not scored one since the PS3 versions have been out! Probably bagged 3 or 4 overall though.

That was a great way to break your duck Mr5973 . . .I don't recall catching one quite that sweet before!

I've already scored one with Robinho in PES2012 during a Milan derby/exhibition match. Only had the game for a few days as well at the time, so beginners luck. :P Although I ended up losing 2-1, so some of the magic was lost.

And while I only support one team (Spurs) in real life, I do prefer Inter out of the two clubs, so out of some strange sense of loyalty I wouldn't normally pick to play with Milan (for the classic derby) in PES. :D

The best one I've ever seen though was back in ISS Deluxe, where my mate did one so far out, he had time to curl it into the corner!:APPLAUD:

Nice man! Congrats! :) I haven't either scored a proper overhead kick since the ISSPE days. Was inches close with an Adebayor overhead kick a few weeks ago though, would've been mighty nice (took it down on his chest, back to goal, smashed it towards top corner, but sailed just wide).

As far as I can remember the last one I've scored was on WE 4, back at Playstation. Scored some good scissor kicks along the way, but the overhead kick is my standalone goalscoring beauty. It was with Ronaldo, around 19 metres away from the goal. The ball went right into the top right corner, beating an off-position goalkeeper along its way.

I see your point, but i honestly don't see why you are posting in this particular thread...like to pour some rain on somebody's parade?

Well done Frank, I actually hit the bar with Davies the other night, it was an over-head kick, but from the standing position (the new animation) from just inside the box. Apart from that, cant ever remember scoring a full acrobatic over-head before.

And it's taken me 12 years, to find a PES level that I cant seem to crack. Granted I'm playing Zero Assistance with lesser teams, but Professional level ? :CONFUSE: :COAT:

Well done Frank, I actually hit the bar with Davies the other night, it was an over-head kick, but from the standing position (the new animation) from just inside the box. Apart from that, cant ever remember scoring a full acrobatic over-head before.

And it's taken me 12 years, to find a PES level that I cant seem to crack. Granted I'm playing Zero Assistance with lesser teams, but Professional level ? :CONFUSE: :COAT:

Yep, I feel the same. Even tho I'm managing to score every game, I've got serious troubles defending from crosses and set-pieces.

Yep, thanks guys, I do indeed have it saved, I'll upload it to YT and stick no, nothing special, but it's MINE!!!

Nice goal Mr5973 and Sonoma - Arrelano you say, one of my favs when playing ML league, would always sign him.

FD

Back
Top Bottom