iTouch1st gen vs iTouch2nd gen

dyczol

Non-League
4 August 2004
Ok. I'm getting iTouch and I'm not sure which one should I get. I know the differences between 1st and 2nd gen, but my only concern is jailbreaking. As far as I know jailbraking 2nd gen iTouch is not possible as for now. I really like the idea of jailbreaking and having your iTouch "customized", but on the other hand 2nd generation has speaker and the device itself is more recent. Now, few questions: Is there any chance that 2nd gen will be jailbroken eventually? Is there any team such as Dev's Team working on it? Last, but not least, which one would you guys pick?? Thanks in advance!!

My wife has just purchased an Ipod Touch but I'm struggling to sync music with it. Can anybody help?

Basically, I have loads of music on an external hard drive. When I first installed itunes the other day, the ext. hard drive was plugged in and itunes automatically added all the music into the main music screen. I'm not really sure if that means the music is installed on the c drive aswell now or if they are shortcuts of some sort?

I've hooked up the Ipod this evening but I can't get the music to sync and I'm stumped.
I've set it to Sync Only checked songs and videos but that's about it.

Any ideas anybody?
Thanks.

It depends where your library is, if it's installed in the C: drive or your external. However, I'm not sure if that makes a difference.

To test it's working, on your library screen, DRAG one song into the text ipod for example "Matt's Ipod", and it'll sync, in which you can check after if it worked.

^ That's usually what I do, and if it's more than one song I just hold CNTRL + click on many.

My wife has just purchased an Ipod Touch but I'm struggling to sync music with it. Can anybody help?

Basically, I have loads of music on an external hard drive. When I first installed itunes the other day, the ext. hard drive was plugged in and itunes automatically added all the music into the main music screen. I'm not really sure if that means the music is installed on the c drive aswell now or if they are shortcuts of some sort?

I've hooked up the Ipod this evening but I can't get the music to sync and I'm stumped.
I've set it to Sync Only checked songs and videos but that's about it.

Any ideas anybody?
Thanks.

There is an option in iTunes that lets you save all your songs that you drag into it into an iTunes folder on your C drive. Make sure that is on, or else it might not copy the songs over to your library, leading to no songs to sync with your iPod.

There is an option in iTunes that lets you save all your songs that you drag into it into an iTunes folder on your C drive. Make sure that is on, or else it might not copy the songs over to your library, leading to no songs to sync with your iPod.

Thanks for advice Milan. Strange thing is when I tried it the following morning it all worked fine. Didn't do anything different either.

Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom