Isn't this Football Kingdom by Namco?

PIPEÑO

First Class
12 February 2004
Santiago, CL
Manchester City
I can't believe it. The game feels exactly like it! The player movement, the passing where you feel like the ball is loose all the time, the goal nets...

Either Konami take too seriously some of the usual comments like "if this had the FIFA atmosphere with PES play, it would be the best game", or this is just a very, VERY unfinished game.
I don't even like FIFA's graphic models! PES has always look more detailed and smooth, not fat, chunky and blurry like FIFA.
And the big main menu, oh crap...

But what's most important, again, it's the gameplay what feels weird, and not the good get-used-to-the-new-improvements weird. It's just... not PES.

This is really the first time I'm thinking of playing a previous version over the new one.

I don't care what people say now. Every year people say that the new one is crap compared to the old one. Last year it was said AND the year before.

I'm quite liking it to be honest.

The game is funny to playing it, although is SO DAMN EASY!
But the problem is not the game itself, but the HUGE AMOUNT of bugs!
Never saw so many bugs together, in a new release, for the MOST WANTED game's new edition!
If I was KONAMI's president, I would - already! - fired EVERY SINGLE person of "PES" personel! Honestly!

I don't care what people say now. Every year people say that the new one is crap compared to the old one. Last year it was said AND the year before.

You're right. I hated PES2008 so much I made this thread last week http://forums.evo-web.co.uk/showthread.php?t=43934

I have now played it for around 10 days and I have to say I'm now loving it, especially now kits, balls, adboards etc are getting released.
My advice is to stick with it for a good few days before abandoning it and going back to PES6. I found with PES2008 that it just suddenley 'clicked' and I started enjoying it. I gave PES6 one last go before uninstalling it just to be sure and tbh played all of 30 seconds before Alt+F4 and uninstall

Lupus say:
The game is funny to playing it, although is SO DAMN EASY!

Easy? , maybe is my style of playing but, in the master league in level hard o very hard (the last one , i dont remember the exact name) and pro player with the konami team (minanda , oswald , etc.) for me its hard enough.
And i`m playing this since 1997.

Forget my english please :)

OFORY

I don't care what people say AT ALL. I listen to them and compare to what I think or feel. Last year I was among VERY FEW people who wasn't complaining. But this year it's a different story - for first time I really DON'T LIKE PES.
Last years people were complaining about changed GAMEPLAY. But as you can see scrolling down the forums this year they have so much to complain about that people unsatisfied with GAMEPLAY are just tear-drop in the endless sea.

But everyone's different.
You like it and that's great.
I wish I had the same - this is probably the reason why you see so many haters around - all we wanted is to have fun with PES this year, like we had before. But it was taken away.

Have fun playing, honestly ;)

I don't care what people say AT ALL. I listen to them and compare to what I think or feel. Last year I was among VERY FEW people who wasn't complaining.
Same here. I haven't complained about any PES games since they were released on PC (PES3 onwards?). I'm not complaining about PES 2008 for fun.

I thought all the previous PES's have improved on the previous version, but this years PES is a different story. It's just not a very good game.

All they needed to do was take PES6, then IMPROVE it. Tidy parts up, change the dribbling a little if they felt like it, make the keepers better at running back to their goal after being rounded, etc etc. Instead, they've totally revamped it, and now major parts of the game are a joke, one of those parts being the ball physics. They're just wrong. There are also many other things wrong with it.

I was really trying to make a point here: copying what the game is lacking from the other football games is not the way to improve it. The player models (graphics) definitely look like FIFA 2005/6. The body proportions of the players aren't the same as in PES6. The big main menu has always been a FIFA thing. And FIFA does have a better interface overall, but that doesn't mean you have to convert the PES interface completely info FIFA's.
And the goal nets look like Football Kingdom's. Everybody was impressed by their movement at first, but real goals do not look like this.
Obviously is really hard to go back to the previous version, especially because you may feel that you'll get behind with the patching/updating, etc., but definitely the game doesn't feel nearly as good as we could've expected.

Back
Top Bottom