Is this the end for Serie A?

RuneEdge said:
Individual results mean nothing. What about Istanbul then?

Milan drew Liverpool, they just lost in the shootout. It'll go down in the record books as a tie, so what is the relevance of you mentioning it?

Rocky29 said:
No, games that end in shootouts count as ties, I'm not kidding, but I wish I was ;)
They actually count as wins cuz no one is stupid enough to not include the shootout result. :roll:

RuneEdge said:
They actually count as wins cuz no one is stupid enough to not include the shootout result. :roll:

Yeah, they do usually include the shootout result, in brackets, right next to the actual result that was played on the field, 11 vs. 11. C'mon, you actually think pk shootouts count as victories, they're a lottery.

fd1972uk said:
Juventus have really only been rocked by their outgoings, but there's still plenty of class players going around Serie A.

As for the boring games, mind you the Supercup wasn't exactly bad, 4-3 with Inter coming from 3 down, sensational game.

FD
Supercoppa was a great match and i didn't really believe when Inter made the third goal. In the beginning i thought Inter wins that match, but after taking the Mancini's chin goal and the other two i thought Inter shuold say goodbye

Rocky29 said:
Yeah, they do usually include the shootout result, in brackets, right next to the actual result that was played on the field, 11 vs. 11. C'mon, you actually think pk shootouts count as victories, they're a lottery.
I don't think is a lottery. If was, lots of players were lucky? So maybe Baggio is an veyr unlucky player? Oh, god.

Since a couple of years ive become a big fan of Italian football. IMHO Serie A is football's university compared to other leagues, but that's only my opinion.
One thin i'm sure of, many English "football fans" underestimate Italy and Italian football. To me the Italian national squad proved in Germany how wonderful they can play...
Right now i'm reading "Forza Italia" by Paddy Agnew. I want to cite something out of this book. The part i'm citing is about the fact that English journalists have no respect for the great goal scorer Pipo Inzaghi. He concludes that:

"The point is of course that not withstanding the rampant globalisation of the world game, parochial loyalties hang on in there. (English) Critics and fans still tend to be wary of players they do not see playing regularly. Had Inzaghi moved to Arsenal or Manchester United rather than to AC Milan, then English criticswould doubtless have been hailing him as "the outstanding opportunist of the modern game"
In that context one Arsenal fan asked me (during a radio show) indignantly how anyone in his right mind could give the European of the Year Award to Andriy Shevshenko ahead of Arsenal's 'own' Thiery Henry? I did genly reply that maybe our listener had not seen Shevshenko play."

In the same book Agnew compares the chauvinistic Brittish football press to the Italian football press who have real knowledge and respect for foreign teams and players.

The next book i will read is "The Italian Job" by Viali which compares Italian to English football.

fd1972uk said:
Juventus have really only been rocked by their outgoings, but there's still plenty of class players going around Serie A.

As for the boring games, mind you the Supercup wasn't exactly bad, 4-3 with Inter coming from 3 down, sensational game.

FD

noooo! your kidding. I watched the game up until Roma got the 2nd, and thought it was all over. I didn't even record it like I usually do if something comes up.

Back
Top Bottom