1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Is this graphic card good to play Pes 2008 on the highest settings and latest games?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by BlaZiNgSPEED, 18 November 2007.

1. BlaZiNgSPEED

BlaZiNgSPEED League 1

25 August 2007
    London, UK
    Manchester United
  2. Mr Jones

Mr Jones bite yer legs

5 June 2007
    leeds
    super leeds
    Re: Is this graphic card good to play Pes 2008 on the highest settings and latest gam

i have just bought the nvidia geforce 8400 and it plays nice on medium but not quite on high, and you can get it on e bay for 29.99

3. BlaZiNgSPEED

BlaZiNgSPEED League 1

25 August 2007
    London, UK
    Manchester United
    Re: Is this graphic card good to play Pes 2008 on the highest settings and latest gam

Are your replays fast on the 8400 when playing pes 2008 on what resolution does it work fast and how many pixel shaders does it contain?
    Are you able to play other games such as Call of duty 4 and all latest EA games. What about World of Confilct and Need for Speed Pro Street etc

Can you go here:
    http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

Can you tell me from the system lab test are any of these games like call of duty 4 modern warfare, Need for Speed pro street, splinter cell double agent, crysis, Halo 2, tiger woods pga 2008,bioshock and king kong, tomb raider games, medal of honor airbourne.
    Do you get a pass on the video card specs when you try to test whether these games run on your system.

So I know whether its worth buying it.

Thanks

4. Mr Jones

Mr Jones bite yer legs

5 June 2007
    leeds
    super leeds

i only got pro evo i aint played any other games, only bought it yesterday relpays are fine and movie scenes are fine where as before with my old card they were shit

5. BlaZiNgSPEED

BlaZiNgSPEED League 1

25 August 2007
    London, UK
    Manchester United

I understand that you may not have these games but with this site http://www.systemrequirementslab.com/referrer/srl

it will tell you whether you can run the particular game on your system even if you don't owe the games.
    So I really wanted to know whether this will run all the latest games, maybe this can be my christmas gift:D

One more thing i wanted to know how is the performance on high setting on PES 2008, how does it perform on the (640, 480) resolution. Does it perform good as the medium setting?

6. dave4712

dave4712 Xone:3D

21 March 2006
    Borussia Dortmund

X1950 Pro
    or
    8600GT/s

.......forget the 8400 for CalloDuty,NFS,Crysis etc

7. BlaZiNgSPEED

BlaZiNgSPEED League 1

25 August 2007
    London, UK
    Manchester United

Well someone else may say forget about 8600 buy 8800 tyhe argument goes on and on.
    As long as the 8400 will work well with the latest games im happy to buy it.
    According to this http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...6&Sku=P450-8404&SRCCODE=YAHOODF&CMP=SPC-YAHOO
    It seems quite impressive and cheap if you convert the $39.99 into pounds it would be £20 so its well worth it!