Is the league over?

Is it over?

• Total voters
From the article:
"The second factor in Chelsea's favour is that they have no key man whose loss through injury or suspension would significantly diminish their effectiveness. Arsenal have never been the same side without Patrick Vieira, and Manchester United continue to suffer from the absences of Roy Keane."

IMO this is the key factor. Mourinho made a team that didn't require a key man for the team to function.

I liked the article. It made a good look at chelsea, and the reasons they win.

Last edited:
CSaunders, i'm aware of the fact that he's better than all these players...there's no discussion whatsoever about that...

But:

1. It's not because he's better now that he will stay better (lathough everything points in that direction except...)

2. his temper...it's not only his talent that is similar to Gazza (and he probably is even more talented than Gazza)...it could well turn out however that he will face the same problems as Gazza who might jeopardize his carreer...time will tell.

premiership.jpg

Is this the 1st time a team has won the Premiership twice in the one year? :lmao:

FD

I'm wondering if any of the 21 people that think the league isn't over to put on a little wager?

If you 21 people stick a £10.00 bet each, then I'll match your bet and I'll give half my winnings to Evo-Web. ;) I get one team (Chelsea) and you lot get every other Premiership team, so how can you lose?

Any takers?

FD

I still dont think its over....

Whats happenend is Chelsea have hit their peak and are in a very very good vein of form and are playing some excellent football...

This is at a time when both Arsenal and United are trying to build "new teams" so at the moment it seems chelsea have no challengers....

That will change, either the other two will get back on track or another team will emerge.

People are a bit confused here.

Will Chelsea win the league? Most likely, yes.
Is the league over? Definately not.

Thats two different questions.
The people saying yes are actually answering the first question, not the second.

Milanista said:
The question is asking whether the league is over due to the fact that Chelsea are cruising ahead.
In that case, its still not over cuz even though Man Utd are 10 points behind, Chelsea just need to draw one more game where Man Utd win and if United win their game in hand, the gap is now only 5 points. With Chelsea still to play Arsenal and Man Utd twice, thats still 9 points to play for which Chelsea could easily lose.

Of course this is assuming that Man Utd or Arsenal can be as consistant as Chelsea against other opponents.

If United can get and stay healthy, they have an outside chance, and i do think they'll close the gap. but if they continue to be missing half of their first team up to christmas, what can we really expect? For me Chelsea succeed because injuries don't phase them. On the day i'd still take United's first XI over Chelsea's. But United haven't had their first XI play together in as long as I can remember!

1/50 for Chelsea to win the league now. :shock: Is that some sort of record at this time?

What is the record margin for winning the league in England?

FD

Chelsea are not going to throw away a 13 point lead. League is done, and the depressing thing is from a neutral's POV, is that the chances of it being repeated season after season are pretty high.

Btw, no-one bet me. :( Only Lyon in France are priced similarly for winning their league at such high odds.

FD

Well it's not really over until we see John Terry holding the trophy aloft :applause: \\:o/
But i know what you're getting at. However, there is so much to play for. If you ask me the Prem looks very interesting this year (forgetting about Chelsea for a minute). Who's going to get the 4th CL spot? Will Arsenal get back in to the top 4? Will Spurs finish above them? Will Wigan keep it up? So in this respect, i still feel there's loads for the neutral to appreciate.

Yep, although that's the same for most leagues and yet they're lambasted for being non-competitive i.e. French, Belgian, Scottish. If you take the top 1 or 2 away from most leagues that's the case anyway.

Thing being is that it'll end up the same 3 teams, maybe Liverpool will break them up, Arsenal will steal the last place as Spurs will shoot their bolt. As for the likes of Wigan, they'll end up mid table or just below that. I still actually can't believe that Wigan can win with that muppet Camara in their team and he's scoring hat-trick's the lot, the guy was mince in Scotland.

FD

I said this before, but i actually rate Camara in a certain way. He's got pace, creativity and a hard shot. That kinda thing will get you goals in the Premiership. I think he looks better at the smaller clubs though (Southampton, Wigan).
I see Liverpool finishing second this season.

Liverpool have been impressive so far but can they keep it up? Only time will tell.

Not sure about the history of English top division, but they've got 18 points to beat from Man Utd in the 1999/2000 season.

Think they'll do it?

FD

The league is over for this year and for the years to come it might be a two horse race between Chelsea and Portsmouth (i'm only half joking there) or any other club who finds a multi-billionaire sugar-daddy...
Good for the fans (i actually quite like Chelsea) but bad for football in general...
And about Wigan: nothing but respect, i love them, they play great football (but Whelan is a sugar-daddy too).

Stan said:
Oh and before i forget, where are all the Man Utd boys now?????
chelsea are tough to catch, and it looks from the united arsenal game, the players have given up as well. United hasnt lost in a while, and for a good stretch played real well, but chelsea keep winning, pretty remarkable, i honestly dont think there talent level is that much better then united;s(depth is another thing) but they all seem to have bought into whatevre mourino has been selling, the guy really seems to be top notch... even though he is an arogant sob. Chelsea being so good and so rich night bring to light a salry or transfer cap sooner, then later..

Stan said:
Oh and before i forget, where are all the Man Utd boys now?????
Whatever dude. Atleast we stick by the club regardless of the bad things that happen within it. You're reasons for no longer supporting the team is pathetic. If everyone did what you did, there would be no supporters in this world.

RuneEdge said:
Whatever dude. Atleast we stick by the club regardless of the bad things that happen within it. You're reasons for no longer supporting the team is pathetic. If everyone did what you did, there would be no supporters in this world.
HA good point rune, he has your there stanny!!!!

As far as I can remember Gerd/Stan's team was never Manchester United, it's a smaller Belgian side who maybe don't exist any more, or play amateur now? He said he used to like Man Utd, they weren't 'his team'.

Then what gives him the right to act like "Mr-I-know-it-all"? I mean he comes into our thread and talks about how he stopped supporting the team for the same reasons that Cantona decided to leave, trying to sound like as if he's the only one here that actually cares about the club.

You dont get the point here. I've been fed up with Man Utd for quite some time. And no matter how I feel, the moment the players step out onto the pitch, I'm behind them 100%.
You on the other hand, you sound like you're looking for excuses to "leave" Man Utd cuz they seem like a sinking ship. If those reasons that you said were good enough to stop you from supporting Man Utd, I'd have to question how much you ever cared about the club in the first place.

And besides, Cantona didnt retire because of Man Utd, he in fact doesnt like how the WHOLE sport has changed into a money making machine. So to hate one club but to enjoy bashing Man Utd and admiring Chelsea proves that you're just talking crap.

People like you ruin football cuz you're a hater before supporter.

Back
Top Bottom