Is the league over?

Is it over?

• Total voters
Well RunEdge and Vann??? Where are you????
I guess we can conclude that Rooney's got a temper...thanks Wayne for illustrating our arguments....

ClassicD said:
Dunno what an 'ABU' is
An ABU is a Manchester Utd hater , which is pretty much everyone.

ABU = Anyone But Utd

gerd said:
I guess we can conclude that Rooney's got a temper...thanks Wayne for illustrating our arguments....

:lol: I have to say his sending off is funny and totally justifies the arguments above for Rooney having a temper! Cheers Wayne for a truly great moment! :applause: :lol:

Last edited:
Clockender said:
ABU = Anyone But Utd
Cheers.

Well that's not true, I actually don't mind Man Utd so much these days as I'd like to see someone challenge Chelsea instead of the procession we got last year.

So I'm more of an ABC (1,2,3), really. :mrgreen:

The red card doesnt mean anything. Did he do a bad tackle to get it? Was he verbally abusing another player or a ref? All he did was be sarcastic and he got a red card.

Yes he got a red card. But that doesnt mean he got a red card for his temper. If Rooney had done what he did but he DIDNT get the red card, then we wouldnt be having this discussion.

And FYI, no one is saying Rooney doesnt need to calm down or anything. He does have a slight problem. But its not as big as what the media are making it out to be.

:lol: ..............

The guy is a headbanger, I have no doubts. Alex Ferguson will have to do something about him pretty soon or he's going to cause more trouble than he's worth.

He does stupid stuff, both verbally and physically, the way he dives into some challenges leaves a lot to be desired. However, his petulance is beyond belief.

FD

RuneEdge said:
The red card doesnt mean anything. Did he do a bad tackle to get it? Was he verbally abusing another player or a ref? All he did was be sarcastic and he got a red card.

Yes he got a red card. But that doesnt mean he got a red card for his temper. If Rooney had done what he did but he DIDNT get the red card, then we wouldnt be having this discussion.

And FYI, no one is saying Rooney doesnt need to calm down or anything. He does have a slight problem. But its not as big as what the media are making it out to be.

The 2nd yellow was for dissent, do you not know the rules!! He was clapping the ref cos he was in a strop. Come on Rune, you can't defend him even Fergie is refusing to do so:

Fergie refuses to defend Rooney

I'm not a lip-reader, I can't tell what he said to the ref but it looked something like 'well done' to go along with his clapping. He 'abused' the ref, verbally or otherwise it doesn't matter, he lost his temper at being booked and then did that to the ref. He did get the red card, for what he did, so what the hell are you on about RE "we wouldn't be having this discussion"? I've said it before, "If my aunt had a boaby she'd be my uncle". :eh:

"He does have a slight problem." Was that so hard? It's a bit of a change from
How many times did Rooney get booked last season?
nuff said."

Maybe that Reporter from the BBC is one of them 'ABU's' Vann speaks of ..........................hmmmm, I thought that was the guy from The Simpsons?

FD

HAHAHAHA, so you now admit he has a temper?. Who here said his temper was atrocious and he gets red cards for it all the time?. Bloody nobody, he has a temper, end of discussion.

He got a yellow card doing what every footballer does, but he also got his second yellow for doing soemthing not many footballers do. And yet again how can you say shit like this:

"If Rooney had done what he did but he DIDNT get the red card, then we wouldnt be having this discussion."

So what your saying is, unless he gets a yellow card every match he ain't got a tmeper? ROFL, funny guy.

You might also want to see what temper actually means, because I think you and the "tosser" are confused about it.

kingpug said:
So what your saying is, unless he gets a yellow card every match he ain't got a tmeper? ROFL, funny guy.
I'm talking about that one incident. People get away with far worse and all Rooney did was be sarcastic. Like ClassicD said, he (from what I saw) said "Well Done" and nothing more.
Alan Smith on the other hand did some bad tackles and used the F word a couple of times at the ref but he WASNT sent off.

The ref was just making an example out of him cuz he's always in the media. If anyone else did that, they probably would have got away with it.

Excuses excuses RuneEdge, Rooney showed an act of petulance and deserved to go. Get over it.

abu01.gif

FD

Sorry, since when was clapping in someones face another way to say well done?

Look, he did two back tackles in the space of not even a minute, for the first he lunged in which probably woulda been a yellow anyway, but the referee played on and he made ANOTHER bad tackle, which is obviously a yellow card.

Come on, when for example Rooney scores, do the fans all run onto the pitch and clap in his face?. No I don't think so, if he did want to say well done (bullshit he did) why not just clap, why in his face?

I would like to see this happen alot more because I know for a fact anyone doing this to a ref would get an instant yellow.

To me the clap was like him saying wake up, I mean if I wanted to say well done to somebody I would say it, and second of all why would he want to say well done?

What a surprise, acting like Rooney is the victim rofl, what next, UTD didn't score because they had too much respect for Villareal?.

kingpug said:
Look, he did two back tackles in the space of not even a minute, for the first he lunged in which probably woulda been a yellow anyway, but the referee played on and he made ANOTHER bad tackle, which is obviously a yellow card.
No one is denying the first yellow card. Thats his fault for getting it.
Now the clapping thing might be worth a FIRST yellow but a sending off for that is just stupid.

And I think what Sir Alex said after the match was that he understands why Rooney behaved the way he did but he only deserves the sending off because he should have known he would have got a yellow for what he did.
Not because of the act itself but because he should know the ref would send him off if he clapped in his face.

Theres a difference. And I'll say this for like the millionth time. Everyone knows he has a temper. But its not as big of a problem as most people make it out to be. We have all seen far worse but they get away with it because their name isnt Rooney.

Sorry RuneEdge, a yellow card is a yellow card, whether it's your first or second, so the sending off is perfectly justified.

And as for people getting away with it because their name is not Rooney, I think the opposite happens in the Premiership and he gets away with it because of his status.

gerd said:

lol last nite was a young lad acting stupidly....

for me thats not example of someone losing control, I have seen footballers much older and wiser than rooney lose it on the field and do much worse than he did last nite...

his second sending off, inexcusable, yes no doubt in that..

but hardly indictive of a man/boy whose spirralling out of control...

Arsenals Van Persie was sent off last nite not sure how many times he's been sent off in his career (never mind the rape charge), if Rooney had done some of the things Van Persie had done then you's wpuld have a point but upto now Rooney has gotta be the softest "snapper" ive seen in football.

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
lol last nite was a young lad acting stupidly.....

Last years were a young lad acting stupidly Vann...one can only hope that he becomes more mature and will loose his temper, but that's what everybody hoped about Gazza too...I fear that Rooney will injure himself badly (i already mentioned that i always think about the Gazza-Mc Mahon incident when i see Rooney playing...). I think Rooney would be better of under a continental coach like Wenger or Mourinho.
Ferguson being Brittish is not good for him (and for once i'm not criticising Ferguson as a person). The Brittish teams have a football culture which is very physically with lots of contacts...coaches like Mourinho and Wenger would sooth him down in his play, it would help. Maybe United should loan Rooney out to a continental team for a season...i think both United and Rooney himslef would benefit (and English football).

Tbh mate, I think Man Utd really need to keep him for their challenges. I hate the little guy, but he's a darn good player. Obviously something has to be done about his attitude though as Man Utd can't do without him and playing with 10 players all the time.

As for being a bit mouthy, I'm sure if anyone saw Sky Sports last night, their memories might kick in again, i.e. Wild tackles against Spain (including pushing Casillas into the advertising boards), outbursts against refs, players (his own or opposition), hands being pushed into opposition faces (an automatic sending off supposedly), a scandalous two footed challenge on his ex-teammate David Weir.

FD

I know what you mean FD, but in the long term Man Utd would have more benefits from loaning Rooney to another club...the season he would be with another team could prove hard for them...
We can't capture Sky Sports but this confirms the image i have of Rooney as being a player who is constantly acting on the limits of the acceptible (and who is not enough penalized for it, because i have the distinct impression that refs are not very hard on him...but that could be wrong, like i said...it's only an impression.

Yep, that's what I think. They don't want to caught chaos by sending him off, then they'll be in the spotlight. Although this isn't just in Rooney's case, but quite a lot to be honest, some of the bigger teams and players get away with murder.

FD

gerd said:
Last years were a young lad acting stupidly Vann...one can only hope that he becomes more mature and will loose his temper, but that's what everybody hoped about Gazza too...I fear that Rooney will injure himself badly (i already mentioned that i always think about the Gazza-Mc Mahon incident when i see Rooney playing...). I think Rooney would be better of under a continental coach like Wenger or Mourinho.
Ferguson being Brittish is not good for him (and for once i'm not criticising Ferguson as a person). The Brittish teams have a football culture which is very physically with lots of contacts...coaches like Mourinho and Wenger would sooth him down in his play, it would help. Maybe United should loan Rooney out to a continental team for a season...i think both United and Rooney himslef would benefit (and English football).

Your joking right gerd????

Are you aware of how many red cards Arsenal have had since Wengers been there, well over 50 whearas we are constantly in the top 5 fair play league so your way way off the mark with your half baked theory.

and then theres fergies record with young players, we've had young players at our club with serious problems both off and on pitch, and believe me Rooney isnt one of them, he conducts himself alot better than some of his older teammates (especially Rio) that was there for Manchester to witness for anyone who saw them last nite either @ the 50 cent gig or the parties afterwards.

LMBO @ loaning a £30+mill player to any team, you must have been smoking some shit when you wrote that cos its ridiculous to suggest it and how you think that would improve him is beyond me.

There are more experienced players and players just as talented that do/have done much worse, the spotlight currently on the lad is one of the most over hyped ive seen, funnily he wasnt the only one to get sent off in the CL this week, there we're cases of repeat offenders yet the "rooney is nutter bandwagon" is well and truly on its way.

I'm sure just as we protected Beckham we will protect Rooney, and more than likely with the same result.....

Maybe instead of acting like the twat you are you could read what I said, it might explain why Rooney is mentioned about the red card he got rather than some player most of the British public wouldn't know.

Seeing as you have amazing knowledge of more talented/older players getting away with murder, care to name some?

The spotlight is overhyped because the player is, nobody stops having orgasms about him, and everyone expects a hell of a lot from him in the future so when he does crazy shit like he did, obviously people will question him.

Vann, you're right about Wenger and Arsenal...i forgot that when i wrote it...indeed their disciplinary record is awfull...
But i'm deadly serious about loaning Rooney out...your reactiopn is typical for the "new" (and you maybe be a fan for 15 years...) Man Utd and his fans....there used to be a time when Man Utd was a club who had the courage to think in terms of long term benefits no matter how this affected short term achievements...that was a time when Man Utd was a real club (i know rant).

Stan said:
Vann, you're right about Wenger and Arsenal...i forgot that when i wrote it...indeed their disciplinary record is awfull...
But i'm deadly serious about loaning Rooney out...your reactiopn is typical for the "new" (and you maybe be a fan for 15 years...) Man Utd and his fans....there used to be a time when Man Utd was a club who had the courage to think in terms of long term benefits no matter how this affected short term achievements...that was a time when Man Utd was a real club (i know rant).
gerd i think your under the impression that rooney is on the same level as a van persie, or a kompany or a Messi, or even Rossi, young talented players who have a ton of potential, Rooney is far and away already one of the best players in the prem and to loan him out would be unthinkable, i mean are you serious? He has pace, power, he can finish, his passing is sublime, his touch is something to kill for... His flaws... AGE,
he is obvsiouly immature, but then again the LAD IS 19!!!! Give him time, but give him time in the RED of Manchester.... What possibly could he gain from being loanend out?!?!??!?

Fergie better start having a hard hand him or things might be getting out of control.
I've see it happen. The coach protecting a player of everything stupid he does, on and off the picth, usually has consequences on the whole team.
I hope rooney really gets his attitude right, cause I hate to see such a talented player go to waste.

Back
Top Bottom