Is the 360 vers. of PES6 THAT bad?!

Dude i don't think it's that bad, we'll it's not as polished as ps2 or pc versions since they are the results of over 5 years of tweaking, and also playing the pc version properly patched and at 1920 x 1200 on my lappie or 1080p on the tv it's awesome. But it's a nice effort, the controls are a bit rubbish and so are some of the physics but it's still a very enjoyable game, specially human on human.

The game is poor. Everything from the poor graphics to the stiff gameplay and awful animation is poor. The PES engine is starting to show it's age and hasn't really advanced for a few years, Konami need a complete overhaul to put the gap back between itself and FIFA.

What pisses me off the most is the shooting - they've had it spot on for five years, now suddenly you literally have to press the button as if it's on fire (i.e. you tap it and rip your finger off as quickly as possible), otherwise it will be BLASTED over the bar.

thats not true the reason why you ballon it over the bar is cause your balance is not right or the ball is stuck under your feet

thats not true the reason why you ballon it over the bar is cause your balance is not right or the ball is stuck under your feet
Erm, I've been on my own with no defence around me and pressed shoot, as quick as is humanly possible, and the ball has gone miles over the bar. So I don't believe that for a minute. Other people score against me so I'm sure there is a way around it, but I've tried pressing it quickly and I've tried holding R2 down - and it seems totally random whether the ball will head under the crossbar or ten miles over it. It never used to be that way, and it's certainly not an improvement, or a realistic upgrade (in real life I can hit a low shot if I want to, for God's sake).

its so easy to control the shhoting and keep shots low..and the game is far froms shit..i love it just needed some time to get used to

The only thing great about PES 360 is it's graphics and online play...The latest ps2 versions where far more real (gameplay). The thing i hate the most about is Adriano, he can even score with his right pinky toe, and after running through 5 defenders knocking them to the ground! Everyone plays with brazil or inter, ughh!

The thing i hate the most about is Adriano, he can even score with his right pinky toe, and after running through 5 defenders knocking them to the ground! Everyone plays with brazil or inter, ughh!

lololololol sooooooooo right!

PES6 aint that abd u jst gotta get use to it, i tohught shootin was crap until i started directing shots (which i think works) and now i'm on fire! also if i changed a tactic andn ow play 4-3-3 with nearly everu team i use, and only teams i do use are Celtic, NEC Nijmenen and Porto wen i play online, cant be doin with all these slag players hu use Inter ova and ova and ova agen

its so easy to control the shhoting and keep shots low..and the game is far froms shit..i love it just needed some time to get used to

Yeah, if you play with Brazil all the time...

Besides, that is not the point here.
The point is that in some situations, you tap the shot button as gently as possible, because you only want a gentle tap or kick. Yet just because the player is offbalance, the powerbar will go up to 70%, and the player will punt it over.

If he tapped it over or outside, I could live with it. It's just the fact that my tap on the shotbutton is transformed into a 70% power shot that gets me every time. Just because you are offbalance doesn't mean you give the shot more power does it? I mean, it would more likely get less power since the ballhit isn't as clean as if you were balanced and in control.

It is this logic in PES that I just cannot understand or deal with.

Same with pass speeds. There is no way to determine how hard a player will put his foot through a pass (NO, "hold the button longer lol" doesn't work, trust me, I have done alot of trial and error, including using the "Play Again" feature in Training for perfectly replicable situations etc). In PES5, atleast passes where consistently hard and even in power, so there was no real need for determining pass speeds. But now when players sometimes pass extremely weakly (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qJX0Nb7VuE) when in fact yuu wanted him to put some effort into the pass, you realize that all control is with the AI, and that the AI is playing the game for the most part. Which also makes me realize I played a game called ISS98 (yes, released in 1998) that had analog pass speeds, aswell as analog pass aim, analog curling, etc etc.

So why should I be satisfied with a game released in 2007 that gives me less control over basic parameters than a game released in 1998? Both released by the same company (KONAMI) nontheless.

The game is good...not great

But I bought it on release day and I still play it atleast twice a week on live...So it's been worth the 60 €

Back
Top Bottom