Irish league select v english conferenc select - pictures and scoreline.

i dont agree with that. we have only lost 2 games in the whole competition in 3 years. took derry city apart at windsor, came back from 2 down to draw 2-2 with them. 1 bad erformance doesnt make us a bad team, but sayin that , we should be a better team that what we are with the money we have.

what money?

we are the best team in the northern ireland and we'd give any eircom team a run for there money, linfield fc have a never say die attitude and we never give up.

i think you might be a part timer drug free, you say we should have a better team, but i think we have a realy good team and have been unlucky with injurys;) this season..... btw how many matches u been at this season?

the typical attitude i see. on the back foot every first half, even against stupid teams such as glenavon and coleraine then get destroyed by cork in both halves. face it we were out of our depth against them, and only beat them by luck. we had about 3 shots the hole game. . they cant even pass the ball, and would never win the league if it was an all ireland league.

the typical attitude i see. on the back foot every first half, even against stupid teams such as glenavon and coleraine then get destroyed by cork in both halves. face it we were out of our depth against them, and only beat them by luck. we had about 3 shots the hole game. . they cant even pass the ball, and would never win the league if it was an all ireland league.

yes you do realy sound like a part timer, okay against glenavon we played shit yes, but at the end of the day there was noting to play for so the lads deserved to take it easy.

and if you knew irish league coleraine have been good this season and we still beat them even if we played great or not;)

and even if cork where the better team we scored, i sat in the south stand and i don't think they were as good on monday as the press made out, they did'nt make any great chances and we took our one chance and scored it.

who can't pass the ball linfield?

if your meaning linfield then you need ur head looked at. we have some great passers in the team e.g. maccers,o'kane,gault. we did'nt play great on monday and i'm not sure what cork are moaning about? we scored they did'nt.

there will never be a all ireland league;)

are you serious? michael gaul tis 1 of the worst players 2 wear a linfield shirt and mcareavy is certainly no joseph ndo. linfield cant pass. when it comes to the european qualifiers ull see a superior team outplay us then blame lack of match fitness on the result. havin 6 professions players with part time coaches, manager and over half the squad just doesnt work.
and what i was moaning about is shite football. who wants 2 watch that shit every game?

are you serious? michael gaul tis 1 of the worst players 2 wear a linfield shirt and mcareavy is certainly no joseph ndo. linfield cant pass. when it comes to the european qualifiers ull see a superior team outplay us then blame lack of match fitness on the result. havin 6 professions players with part time coaches, manager and over half the squad just doesnt work.
and what i was moaning about is shite football. who wants 2 watch that shit every game?

i know now you don't want irish league football.

michael gault last season was one of the best midfielders in the irish league, and he was rewarded with a full time contract and i know he has'nt been great this season and that is because of injury.

maccers is probably the best midfielder in the league at the moment and has been for 3 or so years, maccers controls the game and is all consistant and a players you can relay on.

no wonder, europe is a different competition than the irish league and linfield ain't great in europe, and that is because only gault,maccers,mannus,thompson,stewart and downey are full time professionals.

linfield fc can't afford to be handing out full time contracts to every single member of staff, some of which would not like to leave there day job as they have been at it so long.

shit football. ur watching the irish league u ejjit, it isn't the champion's league you're watching...... even if linfield go throught a realy bad spell and play shit for months, i'll be there because i'm a BLUEMAN.

so how do the teams down south afford to do it? linfield get a bigger crowd than any of them. 1 visit from linfield to the likes if larne pay the teams wages for a year. 12000 at linfield vs glens matches at windsor must bring in a lot + money from northern ireland matches. they need 2 realise they have 2 pay players money and not expect them to play for the shirt.

1. so how do the teams down south afford to do it? linfield get a bigger crowd than any of them.

2. 1 visit from linfield to the likes if larne pay the teams wages for a year. 12000 at linfield vs glens matches at windsor must bring in a lot + money from northern ireland matches.

3.they need 2 realise they have 2 pay players money and not expect them to play for the shirt.

1.teams from down south get more money from the fai, but you got to remember they get good crowds and have more people down there to go and watch them. linfield don't always get a big crowd, only for certin games they do;)

2. how would it? larne players arn't payed great money but there's only a few hundred linfield fans that go to larne each season, so i doubt that, a glens v linfield irish cup final would bring in good money but they would get more from winning the sentanta cup, and linfield get 15 percent of gate fee's from northern ireland also not bad money.

3. all players at linfield get something, none of them play for the shirt as you say, there are a few linfield fans in the team playing for them such as jim ervin who would play for the shirt, but he still gets money for it.

linfield football club can't afford to hand out full time contracts left right and centre, winning the sentanta cup gives you 100,000 pounds prize money, were as you only get 10,000 for the irish cup;) i think you need to realise the real money around irish football.

well i'm not excately sure, but spike earns a good few pound from linfield, i had a teacher in school who was linfield swifts manager and he told me that linfield need to win the sentanta cup if they keep wanting to add full time players, he said this because i said that jim ervin should be full time.

but the point is linfield fc have not as much money as people think, they have to pay part time players money to keep them at the club, players such as winkie,spike and bailie that our old they can't afford to give full time contracts as they only hav a few years left.....

the point is they can't afford to giv players full time contracts, and they have to pay the other players, linfield fc have give every team they play from the eircom league a run for there money and most full time teams they play;) beaten 2 out of 19 games in the sentanta isn't bad.

amm hold on, that money from sky has not been given to linfield yet, the contract with sky dos'nt start till 2008;)

i don't think that linfield will be recieving 15 percent of 10 million.....linfield recieve 15 percent of gate fees for every northern ireland match at windsor.....and the 100 thousand would come from winning the grand slam, umbro kit deals and merchandising;)

so how do the teams down south afford to do it? linfield get a bigger crowd than any of them. 1 visit from linfield to the likes if larne pay the teams wages for a year. 12000 at linfield vs glens matches at windsor must bring in a lot + money from northern ireland matches. they need 2 realise they have 2 pay players money and not expect them to play for the shirt.

We dont afford it, Shels exploded :D Dublin City went bang, Drogs are next paying 2 million a year in wages, we would have went that way with .5 million losses a year but we were in slow process of being bought out.

FAI gives EL teams fuck all (cept shels ) as we say you cant spell FAIlure without FAI :)

Some players down here are on 2500 a week , Ndo gets 1800.

Biggest problem we both face is shit grounds and if we all want money we need your other teams to get better fast as most likley Pats and Cork will be in next season but better. We about to spend 250k on players but mainly due to fact we have billionaire owner. Cork selling o donovan for 500k so will spend also.

The All ireland league is the way forward but only when fan safety is gauranteed Linfield vs scu..Rovers is where the money is.

kdjac

we'll maybe next season, i may sound bitter, i know we got beat, but it's not long since the start of your season and there a full time team:( and we just looked tired tonite awk well:(

Was at the Clftonville v`s Linfield at solitude last night, it was broadcast on sky sports live good crowd and enjoyable game with four second half goals , great athmospere and well behaved fans , well done to both teams 2-2 draw!

Was at the Clftonville v`s Linfield at solitude last night, it was broadcast on sky sports live good crowd and enjoyable game with four second half goals , great athmospere and well behaved fans , well done to both teams 2-2 draw!

As overly happy as I am with the coverage Sky Sports provided for this game, the one disappointing aspect was the sectarian singing from Cliftonville fans, although I can understand you do get a great amount of t**ts who are there just because it's Linfield.

all in all the sect singing was kept to a minimum and both sides took part believe me , in the main was a bit of banter , most friendly athmospere ive experienced between the reds and the blues.

Was a absolutly great atmosphere. 1st time i have been to solitude and i cannot wait to go again. But only 1 sour note is the songs coming from the cliftonville end. And to be honest, i cannot remember hearing anything about catholic's coming from the linfield end;).

fair play gareth , admit the songs from some cliftonville so called fans were wrong and not welcomed by most! Glad you would go back , was pleasing to see so many families there also! and long may it continue!

Back
Top Bottom