iOS Gaming

Re: iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad Gaming

DoDonPachi Resurrection is out for the iPhone and iPod Touch and is on sale for £2.99. It will be £5.49 soon.
Just got this game, it's pretty awesome... Presumably a port of an old game? I've never played the original if so but the ports of old games are some of the best games on the iPod/iPhone... Streets of Rage and Sonic 1+2 are other examples.

If you jailbreak you can also play any NES game (Super Mario Bros 3 is still very good) or GBA game through emulators, I think there's a Mega Drive/Genesis emulator too.

Last edited by a moderator:

I'll probably get that, sounds fun :).

Some games I recommend:

10 PinShuffle
Pinball HD
Sonic 1 and 2
Streets of Rage - My favourite old game, still love it :)
Rope'n'Fly 2 - Simple physics based game, it's fun.
HomeRun Battle 3D - An arcadey baseball game, it's great fun online!
iBasket
Virtual Pool Online - By far the best pool game available.
Monster Dash
Flick Kick Rugby/Flick Field Goal/Flick Aussie Rules - All of them are very addictive!
Fastlane Street Racing
Jet Car Stunts - Similar to TrackMania on PC.
Worms

Mirror's Edge was released a few days ago, just played it and it seems fairly good!

I'm tempted to try NHL 2K11, looks decent although I have no interest in ice hockey.

Yes, everyone on your Facebook friend list has figured out that you like it.

Real Golf 2011 - Very good golf game.

It's like a more realistic version of Let's Golf 2 (from the same developer - Gameloft) with much less cartooney graphics, some real players, some real golf courses and more realistic gameplay/physics.

I recommend it :).

I havn't played Tiger Woods, so unfortunately I can't answer that, sorry :(.

Has GameCenter been released yet whilst I've been away? Feel like I'm missing all the best Apple news :(

iBasket, Pinball HD and Parking Mania are pretty addictive

And give "Slice It" a go if your looking to work your brain

Monkey Island 2: Special Edition is on sale from £7.99 down to 59p right now!

Any Apps that actually work which show you your 360 and PS3 mates statuses?

With messaging would be good too.

Sometimes it's just easier to see if it's worth jumping online via the iphone instead of booting up the consoles.

For the 360, 360 Live http://get360live.com/ links you there.

It's £1.19, but very good. You can message, manage you status compare achievements view when people were last online.

For the PS3 there's an app called PSN Go, which does everything but messages. Also, £1.19.

Last edited:

For the 360, 360 Live http://get360live.com/ links you there.

It's £1.19, but very good. You can message, manage you status compare achievements view when people were last online.

For the PS3 there's an app called PSN Go, which does everything but messages. Also, £1.19.

Cheers Matt.

Just got the 360 one. Might get the PS3 one aswell but would have liked messaging.

I grabbed that yesterday when i saw it in the most popular apps

Looks like Bitmap Bros are remaking and releasing their Amiga back catalog on IOS!!!

Coming first is Speedball 2:Evolution. If this is done right, could be absolutely awesome.

Other games they are considering are Chaos Engine (superb!), Xenon, Cadaver, Gods and Magic Pockets.

Add me on Game Centre:

Bilhouse

Fruit Ninja multiplayer is great! Can't wait for all those games to start supporting this service.

Everybody add your Game Centre usernames in this thread.

Reckless Racing is out now on the App Store for £1.79.

I really recommend it. Its a top down racer with drift/rally style controls, single player, leaderboards and online multiplayer. All its missing at the moment is retina display graphics (their great even without it) and Game Centre support.

Reckless Racing is out now on the App Store for £1.79.

I really recommend it. Its a top down racer with drift/rally style controls, single player, leaderboards and online multiplayer. All its missing at the moment is retina display graphics (their great even without it) and Game Centre support.

Yea its pretty good. Been following it for MONTHS on TouchArcade. Nobody believed it would ever see the light of day - think it was due for release in March the Devs said? Then EA stormed in and it just disappeared.

Still, its ok - I got the iPad version and their are 3 extra tracks (as well as better gfx etc).

Back
Top Bottom