1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Internet Line in my room

Discussion in 'Technology' started by matt1288, 4 June 2008.

1. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Basically in my house, there is one wireless router downstairs, which provides internet to 2 people (including me). Now I find wireless very slow, and it's often that the signal can get lost.
    Also a big issue is, my 360 is in my room, so I have to connect a cable from the 360 all the way downstairs, yet my xbox live is terribly slow, and my NAT is on strict.

So I read about this on the internet about xbox live, if your router is not xbox360 compatible, it will make your XBL NAT strict, rather than moderate or open. So I want to buy a router for my room, where I can just place it in my room, connect a cable into my PC and one cable into my 360 so that it's using wire and it being faster, could you recommend any routers you use, since I plan to buy a new one after the weekend.

Thanks

2. Tim7

Tim7 Retired Footballer

6 May 2003
    Gravesend
    Charlton Athletic FC
    Belkin G+ MIMO ADSL is what I use. I don't have problems connecting to anyone.

3. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
  4. matt1288

matt1288 B4MF

4 May 2006
    London, UK
    Juventus
    Thanks for the replies, please also realise I have 0% knoledge of network and etc.

I will have a read. Thanks