1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

Intel Core i7 benchmarks

Discussion in 'Technology' started by jonneymendoza, 4 November 2008.

1. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
  2. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Nice, that reminds me I need a new graphics card, and looking at that a new mother board and chip set... :P

3. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    im in the same boat as u mate. looking to buy one of these baby's after xmas. these lil babys will be out in two weeks time so by the time im ready to get it, the prices would have fallen abit

4. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    Only trouble is it's still going to be the wrong end of £5-600
    by the time you figure in Memory and the like... :SHOCK:

5. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    yea true thats why im saving £1000 for a new pc mate. i have been on my p4 for 5 odd years. its time for a change, and a BIG change

6. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    £500 for a graphics card!!!!!!

you lot are crazy

7. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    its a hobby. your not a true gamer if you dont sport a pc gaming rig ;)

people spend £500 on graphics cards yet some people spend double on that on brand new spoilers for their cars, a nice canon USM lens for their camera etc. each to their own coopz and i bet u spend redicolous amount of cash on something you love and enjoy :)

8. kevano22

kevano22 TDWFYU

2 August 2003

I dont think lady boys are that expensive ...not that I'd know ;)

9. Milanista

Milanista Mangiamoli! Staff

19 December 2002
    London & Milan
    AC Milan
    [​IMG]

10. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    wtf why do i need a fucking peice of shit windows shitbox to be considered a true gamer, fuck that. The pc is a PAIN IN THE ASS.Wrong Drivers, memory, cpu over clocking, incompatible video cards, active x. Its too bad the mac never took off as a gaming platform cause the underlying OS shits all over xp and beta 7 and whatever fucking peice of shit OS MS throws at us. maybe the 360 hradware isnt that reliable but at least games work %98 of the time out of the box.

11. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    I'm a gamer but i think playing them on PCs are a bit poo and i didn't know building PCs and upgrading was a hobby either

but yeah each to their own :))

and like Kev says i spend mine on ladyboys but they only cost a tenner a time

12. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    I can't play FPS on anything but PCs but I can't play footy titles on PC either...

13. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    why cant u nick? football games on the pc's are great! you can use your 360 or ps3 joypad mate.

the day fifa next gen comes to the pc is the day i will stop buying footy games on a console. pc footy games is where its at with mods, smoother online play and higher textures and resolutions

14. Nick Cave

10 July 2004
    Wrexham AFC
    I think it's more to do with most times I'm playing 2 player and a bigger screen helps but even one player I just play worse on the PC even with a joy pad. But FPS's and the like just don't seem right to me without a keyboard and mouse... ;)

15. jonneymendoza

jonneymendoza Legend

1 January 2004
    Arsenal
    a graphics card? some people have two! no better yet 3!

[​IMG]

16. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    well yeah i played COD on the pc and it was awesome, but i think most people really enjoy it because of the accuracy of the mouse...

17. Chris Davies

Chris Davies At least, I think I am Staff

14 May 2003
    Tranmere Rovers
    They also have more money to spend on their hobby than most of us have to spend on food and bills, if I knew someone who had three graphics cards I'd punch them in the face. And then steal one of their graphics cards.

"Oh no the FPS in Crysis will drop by three frames!" Do you remember the last time you saw daylight? "You mean the last time I managed to get out of the Mystical Cavern in Oblivion?"

18. mjsmith2k

mjsmith2k Come on you Reds!

5 November 2005
    Nottingham
    Forest, Bulls, Patriots
    :LOL:

19. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    FM09 is almost out.
    most of you will only be seen next year...

20. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    I have a decent PC which can run all the latest titles but I have zero interest in PC gaming these days, rather lay in bed playing the 360 on my 42" Full HD TV that's sat right next to the bed :)