1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

image size over 4gig but.....

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Kenny G, 29 April 2006.

1. Kenny G

Kenny G Stuck in the 80's

1 January 2003
    Essex, UK
    Southend United
    ....the only new additions seem to be the Bernabau and the extra nations.

When I first saw the size of the image I was hoping the extra 2 gig would mean LOADS of new teams and stadia (having more German stadia would have been a nice touch given the time of the release...)

2. andish2001

andish2001 Championship

1 May 2005
    yeh it is a bit weird mate i must agree.

3. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    It's for loading times.

Konami basically padded the image so that the data was moved to the outside of the disc, this helps loading times. ;)

4. RGEE1979

RGEE1979 Evo-Webber since 2002

28 December 2002
    Tokyo
    Spurs
    Dont forget the extra "pitch side" commentator, although his limited dialogue obviously wouldn't warrant the extra couple of gig.

5. ticosurfer

ticosurfer Non-League

15 February 2006
    Costa Rica
    What about the international challenge, it has more of the teams from all federations. I was very surprised to be playing honduras and panama. And the new we-shop items like penguin suit, don't know if that takes a lot of space, but it has to take some.

6. BK_83

BK_83 World Class

7 June 2003
    singapore
    the extra gigs for stupid stuffs like water melon balls and ostrich costumes, doggy heads

7. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    Guys I've already told you the answer, why are you continuing to speculate?!

If you rebuild the image you'll see, it shrinks down to about 2 gigs.

If you think an extra 2GB appears from the addition of a watermelon ball and a penguin suit then.......there is no hope. :lol:

8. Zygalski

Zygalski Ninja Samurai

2 February 2003
    London, UK
    England
    2GB of encryption to prevent patching?

;)

9. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    haha, the most likely reason so far. ;)

Well played Sir. :thumbup:

10. akd

akd Non-League

26 October 2005
    How do you rebuild the iso then?

11. aussiepesfan

aussiepesfan Premiership

17 April 2002
    would this have anything to do with the 'stutter bug'.. if so.. maybe there is a way around it..