I'm ill - I've got Olympic Fever...

They seemed a bit unimpressed with Beijing on PlayR - they said the games that work well are great fun - but most are broken or too difficult to be fun.

They seemed a bit unimpressed with Beijing on PlayR - they said the games that work well are great fun - but most are broken or too difficult to be fun.

You sure that wasnt the Summer Athletics review lad? Could of sworn they said that about that game.

International Track & Field on the Nintendo DS is probably the best game of it's kind I've ever played.

It's not Beijing licensed or anything, cartoon characters and not actual athletes, but in multiplayer (especially with friends) it is fantastic.

I'm not sure... erm.. it was the one they said that on javelin/shot putt everything they tried ended in a bad result - oh and the diving game used both thumb sticks in a sort of dance dance revolution direction pressing and the swimming involved rotating both sticks around and around.

Maybe someone who has played Beijing can let us know if that's what you do, but I saw Playr the other week and it sounds very like the Summer Athletics game from Eidos, which looked dross in fairness.

Could well be that - i did see the unlicensed Olympics game they had a bit ago so my mind is probably mixed up with that.

I'm not sure... erm.. it was the one they said that on javelin/shot putt everything they tried ended in a bad result - oh and the diving game used both thumb sticks in a sort of dance dance revolution direction pressing and the swimming involved rotating both sticks around and around.

Yeah the controls in Beijing are like that.

---

Shot put was difficult at first but once you've cracked it your sorted. It's all about timing. I've seen the Gamespot boys play through games before on their live show, lets just say they aren't pros. I think they shot the gun a bit with that review tbh. For me Beijing was a good 7/10. I sold it because I achieved most gold medals and world records and got bored of the online play.

I'm considering getting it again though, as I too am like pboreham and have the Olympics fever.

"Feel the rhythm feel the rhyme...get on up it's bobsleigh time!"

Last edited:

It's not that hard to work out.

Went with Mario v Sonic in the end - probably because it was £10 cheaper and I'd heard more positive than negative about it, which cannot be said about Beijing.

Its really good if you ignore the cartoony characters - quite a challenge and I think more fun than hammering on a Dualshock 3.

Summer Athletics looks ok too - got some mixed reviews, but for around £20 it might be worth it (Game Online).

Back
Top Bottom