if history repeats itself, WInning Eleven 2012 (JAP) will be better than PES12.

iluvnineties

Banned
18 April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FC Porto
Like many of you, I'm a vet PES player going back to early roots and first football games KONAMI produced on older consoles. PS2 era is where KONAMI dominated the football sim until PS3 where many agree that FIFA finally became the king of football sim. One thing that FIFA will never achieve is match the gameplay that KONAMI pretty much cemented their legacy with. This brings me to one theory. I live in US and US got late exposure to PES while other continents enjoyed the besutiful game. I obviously wasn't going to play FIFA so I had no choice but to import PES from Europe, modify my PS2 so I could play. Then I realized something. I started ordering Winning Eleven titles, puttng away PES and I remember every Japanese Winning Eleven was just better than PES European version. The game just felt more natural, better polished or what not. I will probably remember WINNING ELEVEN 7: INTERNATIONAL which is easily considered the best football game of ALL TIMES. A true GOAT. I just checked PLAY-ASIA website, where I always ordered my PS2 Winning Eleven titles and you can preorder WE2012 set for rrelease early Oct. This could be the game that satisfies all. I am SERIOUSLY considering dropping PES12 on my list and replace it with this WE2012 import.

By the way, what on earth has happened with Winning Eleven section on the forums? As far as I remember the game is available on PS3. It should have its own section for Winning Eleven fans.

Many of you have forgotten about Winnin Eleven it seems like. LETS BRING ITS SOUL BACK.

Wasn't this happening during the time when PES was an October release and we was a mid year release? With both versions coming out the same time I doubt there will be a difference like before where they could fix things for we.

WE9LE was the only game that was found to be better than its EU counterpart(PES6), since then there has been very little difference between the games so don't hold your breath.

If my memory serves me correct Winning Eleven was ALWAYS released on August and always before PES. PES is known to be October release. This year looks like both games will be released @ the same time.

I tried pes 2012 demo and winning eleven 2012 demo and they were exactly the same (except for the Japanese language in we2012).

I'm not dreaming here or making up stuff. Its a known fact, and its been reported by many EvoWeb vet members and good old PESInsight members that Winning Eleven Japanese series were always somewhat better. Not to a huge extent but clearly a noticeable difference. It just felt better, played better, less bugs, etc. And as far as I can see some folks in here are already saying WE2012 demo better than PES12. I love both games, they are almost twins, just happens that one is a tad prettier than the other twin in my experience. Now Im wondering if I get JAP WE2012...online play....I'll be getting players from ASIA/MIDDLE EAST mostly..correct ? am I even able to play it online. :FAIL:

I'm not dreaming here or making up stuff. Its a known fact, and its been reported by many EvoWeb vet members and good old PESInsight members that Winning Eleven Japanese series were always somewhat better. Not to a huge extent but clearly a noticeable difference. It just felt better, played better, less bugs, etc. And as far as I can see some folks in here are already saying WE2012 demo better than PES12. I love both games, they are almost twins, just happens that one is a tad prettier than the other twin in my experience. Now Im wondering if I get JAP WE2012...online play....I'll be getting players from ASIA/MIDDLE EAST mostly..correct ? am I even able to play it online. :FAIL:

Total placebo on the "next-gen" Winnning elevens. They are identical, I know because I own them all, pes09-11 We09-11.

The winning eleven games back in the day like We9le were upgrades to its pes counterpart(pes5) tweaked versions, as is Blue Samurai an upgrade to Pes10. But it is a total myth that the WE versions that are released the same time as PES are any better.

However the WE2012 demo may be a little later code than the Pes demo, so it may play better.

The WE community kind of went quiet once the "Next Gen" leap happened and the easily modified consoles went out the window.
As noble as some people were, the majority probably just leeched the download when it came out and worked from there. Once that option was gone and the easily patched for translation option was also out the window, so the community died somewhat. :(

Back
Top Bottom