If FIFA10 is a full PS3/Xbox360 port...?

Would you get it for PC?

• Yes I would...the modding community will make it 10 times better...

Votes: 59 45.7%
  • No I wouldnt I dont have a strong PC....

Votes: 19 14.7%
  • I dont know....

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • No, I have a very strong PC but prefer 360/PS3 for gaming

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • Tom rocks

Votes: 13 10.1%

• Total voters
Keep in mind a lot of the people who stuck with PES don't have current-gen consoles, in which case their decision to stick with it is understandable.

My point with the manager wasnt to promote pes....but to show that the PC version of PES is miles ahead of any other version...now imagine a FIFA10 NG on PC....
dont bother mate, your just wasting your time. hard to talk to dedicated console fanboys.

back on topic: i would welcome a fifa next gen on the pc. mods FTW :WORSHIP: would be nice if fifa10 pc can play against 360 users.

As for the discussion, the point of view is also somewhat age related imo. I used to do my own optionfiles for pes (took me about two weeks), then I found out about downloading optionfiles and then later the mods.

These days I really have no time for all that so want the best possible experience out of the box. Consoles guarentee that. PC's, no matter how loaded, don't.

As for the discussion, the point of view is also somewhat age related imo. I used to do my own optionfiles for pes (took me about two weeks), then I found out about downloading optionfiles and then later the mods.

These days I really have no time for all that so want the best possible experience out of the box. Consoles guarentee that. PC's, no matter how loaded, don't.

ps3vspcvi8.png

Console guarantee to shove a set piece of experience down my throat....PC doesnt....its hard cold truth....

My point was that any game on PC can be transformed and improved...which is the kind of freedom i crave for...

Missing my exact point......That's what I said. I don't have the time to transform a game! It should be uniformly good out of the box and console's guarentee that. And I would assume that that would be the case for most of us in here.

Missing my exact point......That's what I said. I don't have the time to transform a game! It should be uniformly good out of the box and console's guarentee that. And I would assume that that would be the case for most of us in here.
it just sounds like your abit lazy. not trying to be rude or anything but all you got to do to patch a game is download 1-2GB of a full on mod such has PES evolution patch and just copy or install the files into your PES directory. 2min job to do mate.

You make it sound as if you need a degree to know how to patch a game

You must have a great connection then!

And Ive got two degree's so it has nothing to do with difficulty ;) I just don't have the time, or inclination, between work/GF/and everything else to waste time looking for the best/most suitable mod, installing, editing stuff for a game that isn't good enough to start with.

I don't care for modding a game these days, partly due to the fact that I don't bother with beta (read: PES) games anymore.

And back to the original question;

Would you get game X for the PC if it was as good as Nextgen/CurrentGen console versions

No, I don't want to spend time faffing about!

I really don't even get the point of this discussion, everybody has their own preference. And if it's about companies releasing full ports on PC it's a logical business decision.

And Ive got two degree's so it has nothing to do with difficulty ;) I just don't have the time, or inclination, between work/GF/and everything else to waste time looking for the best/most suitable mod, installing, editing stuff for a game that isn't good enough to start with.

I don't care for modding a game these days, partly due to the fact that I don't bother with beta (read: PES) games anymore.

And back to the original question;

Would you get game X for the PC if it was as good as Nextgen/CurrentGen console versions

No, I don't want to spend time faffing about!

I really don't even get the point of this discussion, everybody has their own preference. And if it's about companies releasing full ports on PC it's a logical business decision.

but you waste time by browsing this forum though ;)

When i say a 2min job i mean it doesnt take long to find a good mod and install it. you do not have to sit and look at your pc screen while its downloading the file and installing it you know :)

2mins to find a popular patch and probably less then a minute to read the readme file on how to install it(some have .exe files that does it for you and some you simple copy and paste the files all in one go :)
)

but you waste time by browsing this forum though ;)

When i say a 2min job i mean it doesnt take long to find a good mod and install it. you do not have to sit and look at your pc screen while its downloading the file and installing it you know :)

2mins to find a popular patch and probably less then a minute to read the readme file on how to install it(some have .exe files that does it for you and some you simple copy and paste the files all in one go :)
)

of course it all depends on how people percieve the "labor" involved...but none can deny that a fully patched PC version is by far superior compared to the barren and lacking vanilla version...

I'm going to be buying an xbox 360 within the next couple of weeks. I know 360's now have an HDMI port in the back. I have a 47 inch 1080p TV. I've heard that to play on a 1080p TV you need an HDMI cable. Do I need to buy one from some place like gamestop that's made by microsoft specifically for the 360?
or can I just buy one like this?

Seriously, you have time to play all these games in your sig and you don't have time to install a mod? :LOL:

I don't have the time to transform a game! It should be uniformly good out of the box and console's guarentee that.
:BLINK:
What does the consoles guarantee? The console version is the one with low res textures! The one with darker night games! Isn't this what you can't change on consoles and that's why we call for a PC version?!!! So, again, what does the consoles guarantee? Other than getting the new version of the game due to financial reasons.

:BYE:

Seriously, you have time to play all these games in your sig and you don't have time to install a mod? :LOL:

:BLINK:
What does the consoles guarantee? The console version is the one with low res textures! The one with darker night games! Isn't this what you can't change on consoles and that's why we call for a PC version?!!! So, again, what does the consoles guarantee? Other than getting the new version of the game due to financial reasons.

:BYE:

spot on. consoles doesn't guarantee teh game is a hit. look at fifa09. soo many bugs that a mod could fix such has the ones noted above.

The only time ti takes to download a mod is to find the mod your after and clicking on the download link. that takes maybe 10-20mins at average to that, no1 is forcing you to stay on your machine to wait for it to download.

go out or sleep and when you come back/wake up, your mod will be ready and then all you gotta do is install it which will take maybe 10-20 min again.

Mods can't fix bugs Jonney, you can tweak settings in games like FIFA using the ini files (or at least you could, they may be internal now). But you can't fix bugs. Unless you want to dedicate your life to reverse-engineering the game.

Mods can't fix bugs Jonney, you can tweak settings in games like FIFA using the ini files (or at least you could, they may be internal now). But you can't fix bugs. Unless you want to dedicate your life to reverse-engineering the game.
so what did the Unofficial patch for oblivion do? it depends on the engine Chris but your probably right, fifa would be hard to reverse engineer regardless if its a next gen version of the game or not.

It really depends on the engine

Back
Top Bottom