Ico & SOTC HD

Northzzz

Classified Information
26 March 2010
Radlands
MU
So did anybody else pick this up? The release date was today i believe.

I never got round to playing them originally on the ps2 so I bought this today for the very fair sum of £29.99 from Gamestation. I've only delved into Ico currently and so far i think it's amazing. I know Shadow Of The Colossus is regarded as better critically but i think Ico is more in tune with my preferences (i.e an action-adventure game with puzzle elements). I am still very much looking forward to SOTC but i'm going to wait till i finish Ico before starting it.

Last edited:
I had to pick it up. Two of the greatest games ever made, redone in HD. It was a simple decision.

Really like the fact that you can reverse the cover for the original PS2 art.

I did as well. It's a must imo. SOTC is immersive. Even though it's only a boss killing game, but going about finishing off each giant in different ways is cool. Plus riding the horse feels good as well!

Makes me think games in the PS2 era were better. It was all about offline. Game companies had to get their stories right, unlike the mess we have now because most shifted online and ignored offline.

I wouldn't mind having all the good PS2 games remade in HD. I'd buy them all in an instant.

Might have to get this, could never find Ico cheap enough on PS2 to buy it. I used to spend ages riding around finding places to climb about on in SOTC.

I'll definitely be picking this up sometime soon. I missed out on ico the first time round and when I saw it and decided to buy it, i couldn't find a copy anywhere. Colossus I rented and I believe got up to a flying boss before getting stuck and the game had to be returned. I went to rent it again the weekend after but someone had bought it and that was that.

Already bought, of course, a tribute to 2 masterpieces. Hope games always as good as these ones. The last guardian is taking ages to come, but here we are patiently waiting for the new marvel...

Working my way through Colossus again. It's a shame they didn't fix the textures popping in and the like but otherwise I'm very happy.

Played and finished ICO this weekend, in about 6 hours. The game is still a gem and plays great. The game design and art direction still are better than 99% of games released nowaday.

Now going to end the 6th Colossus.

Is there a multiplayer aspect to these games ?

I am planning on getting them, but if there is no multiplayer then the cost will usually drop 50% in 2-3 months so I'll buy it then. If there is multiplayer (online) then the price wont drop that much.

How about this sexy custom cover?

icosotccollectionps3_cfk28.png

Is there a multiplayer aspect to these games ?

I am planning on getting them, but if there is no multiplayer then the cost will usually drop 50% in 2-3 months so I'll buy it then. If there is multiplayer (online) then the price wont drop that much.

No multiplayer at all. Only solid good old school artsy gaming. I say it's worth the price. Hey, I would have paid more to have those two in my games library, as the first time that I played them... I didn't buy them and later when I went to the shop they were out of stock.

two great games - ico in my opinion is one of the best games i have ever played. i have to agree lami - in the ps2 days a lot of games felt "better" maybe due to the fact that playing online was not such a big deal like it is nowadays. but even today there are still good games for playing offline - but nevertheless i also like playing online...

Back
Top Bottom