I should hang my head re R2 and L2 skill

vondave

Stretford End
9 August 2005
Despite owning Fifa 10 and WC game I've just read about a R2 + L2 skill move, referencing Iniesta as a good user of it

No idea what it is, could someone possibly help me and let me know what it does etc.

It's a controlled and much slower paced dribble.

If used correctly, it can be very rewarding, especially in tight spaces. Some people don't use it too often, though.

I'm constantly using it, aswell as the right stick to direct firsttouch control (very small movement, otherwise you tap it away).

I use this move a bit, but I find it very unpredictable...
For example, in some directions you don't know whether you're going to sidestep or turn around, and it's a bit unresponsive sometimes causing you to take too many touches.

Add the fact that it barely works against pressuring compared to stepover/feint + exit move or a roulette and it probably isn't your best option, but it looks nice.

Despite owning Fifa 10 and WC game I've just read about a R2 + L2 skill move, referencing Iniesta as a good user of it

No idea what it is, could someone possibly help me and let me know what it does etc.

Holding L2 by itself is for slower dribbling; it's also used for skill moves (tricks).

Holding L2 + R2 is for skilled dribbling - like doing a little shift to the the side. I find it can be very effective, but to it's also very unrealistic. IMO, it's a bit of cheat button - almost as if it's EA's way of making up for its rather poor dribbling system in general (PES dribbling in tight situations is loads better).

Don't get me wrong, I use it all the time, but I don't like it that much. Reminds me too much of the juke button from Madden.

Back
Top Bottom