I Pod FM Transmitter...

Nick Cave

Wrexham fan for my sins...
10 July 2004
Non football league waste land...
Wrexham AFC
Going to get a new one this week as this pile of poo is going back...

belkin-tunebase-fm.jpg

Thinking about this I think Dags has one and likes it...

product-6732334.jpg

anyone got one they can recommend, I use my 80g Classic on the road...

Last edited:
Get a cassette player in your vehicle then get an audio out tape. Works quality for me in my van, sound is absolute mint too!

Going to get a new one this week as this pile of poo is going back...

belkin-tunebase-fm.jpg

Thinking about this I think Dags has one and likes it...

product-6732334.jpg

anyone got one they can recommend, I use my 80g Classic on the raod...

I haven't got that model, mine is a generic version and not specifically for the iPod. I'll try and find mine.

:LOL: Can't find mine anywhere, I bet mine is some dodgy fake made in China or something. It does the job though :LOL:

I've tried two others before and they were utter shite. Do not get the Belkin Tunecast 3, nor the Kensington FM Transmitter.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah it will be.

I'm with Dags on this one. I bought a cheap silver box FM transmitter way back when this was all fields. That was pretty good, it would be strong enough for whoever was following to join in the fun too. :)

It looked a lot like this but don't take this as a direct recommendation.

The sound quality was fine. It won't beat a direct wired connection but it's not bad.

I tell a lie, Nick. Mine is VERY similar to the one you posted, mine looks a lot older though so I'm assuming I have an older model. But the style and shape is exactly like the second image, just a different display.

Only problem with it is that my cig lighter is so close to the dash, and the gear stick. The Veho transmitter is quite chunky and it means I smack my knuckles into it changing gear. The way around that was to buy an extension for my cig lighter and I leave the transmitter in the passenger foot section.

So if you have a cig lighter between your seats like a lot of cars do, you'd be set. I don't mind the extension as it's easily the best transmitter I've used.

:TU:
Cheers guys my pile of poo is going back today and I'll keep a look out for both of those... My power point is in between my cup holders and gear lever, so I may need an adaptor if I go for the Veho...

I'll swap you mate, I really want a car again :((. Vans are just too dangerous, can't see anything over your left or right shoulder.

Though there is a fun game I play when on motorways, it's called Lane Change Roulette...

I took it back and when the girl behind the counter asked why I was bringing it back , I just said "because its a pile of Poo", she said she had to give a written comment as to why it was being brought back, and could I elaborate a bit more, so I told her to add "a big steaming" too. Strangely at this point she went away and conferred with a colleague, who then went through a doorway, only to re apear with another member of staff and point at me.
All three then came over and asked the same question, getting the same answer, the leader of the troup, I was guessing as she had more bit's of plastic fastened to her, said, "you mean it dosen't work?" :SS

haha!

tbh, i've never really thought much of those radio transmitters thingys. i had a couple of itrips for my long journeys home to belfast, but even they are pretty shit. you're constantly having to retune the radio to find a 'clean' station and the sound quality is pretty gash (obviously)...

i think your best option is the cassette adapter, that is, assuming you have a cassette option in your vehicle...

haha!

tbh, i've never really thought much of those radio transmitters thingys. i had a couple of itrips for my long journeys home to belfast, but even they are pretty shit. you're constantly having to retune the radio to find a 'clean' station and the sound quality is pretty gash (obviously)...

i think your best option is the cassette adapter, that is, assuming you have a cassette option in your vehicle...

Nope just CD, it's a fitted system, though I do have a really good head unit from my old car? I'm thinking of getting an adaptor to go in the back or just change the head unit for this one... http://www.caraudiodiscount.com/cdxdab6650i-cd-mp3-dab-player-ipod-ready-p-11181.html

shit shit shit

I bought an iTrip until I can afford to buy a cheap head-unit for my car.
How hard are they to fit? How much should I be charged to fit one?

iTrips just clip onto the bottom of your iPod, that simple.

If you get the charging adapter, it goes into your cigarette lighter, and into the bottom of the iTrip.

No need to fit them anywhere, hell I keep my iPod + iTrip in the sun visor, for some magical reason it stays up there without falling down, and the reception is fine.

lol
lol.gif

matherto, I know how to use an iTrip ;)

The iTrip quality is rubbish, well it is down here in London where a lot of stations are taken.

lol
lol.gif

matherto, I know how to use an iTrip ;)

The iTrip quality is rubbish, well it is down here in London where a lot of stations are taken.
I think Halford's or places like that do a fitting service ash, depending what you have in already it can be very easy to DIY...

Between 20-40 quid, Unless you need some re wirrewiring

Back
Top Bottom