I need some help with FIFA 09 wireless controler setup!

iluvnineties

Banned
18 April 2008
Boston, Massachusetts, USA
FC Porto
Hi Guys,

What settings do you all use on your controller. I'm looking for the best possible settings that will enhance and improve gameplay and other things as well. I know many of you use manual but when it comes to this what should I use:

- Auto Switch - how far or low should the bar be filled -
- Passing - Manual, Semi-Assist or Assisted
- Shooting ?
- Curving ?
- Lob Pass ?

I tried to put passing on Manual and it def. feels more life-like as you have total control of everything you do on the field but its so hard to play this way and make right plays. How can I improve my FIFA 09 skills. I'm having my arse kicked on Semi-Pro level. FIFA is new for me as I always played PES/WE that's why I'm far away from being good at this game.

Please help:

Thanks

- Auto Switch - i use only one point from manual, so almost manual switching, is better that way because defending crosses is better that way.

- Passing - I tried all manual but simply couldn´t adapt to it and had the feeling to be stuck on 16 directions only so i begin using semi-assisted and it works fine, you still have to aim to the player you want to pass but the passes don´t go only 16 directions like the feeling on manual

- Shooting - try using semi and after you´re scoring better change to manual, is not easy on full manual but is much more rewarding and there are much more goals possibility that way.

- Crossing - must be on manual, hard to learn but makes the game much more realistic, and again, there are much more possibilities of crosses when it´s on manual. there´s two thing to worry crossing on manual: aim and power. the harder to learn is the aim because if it´s not right the cross go straight out field, try crossing from end line aiming to the center of the box to train it, first worry about aim than about the power.

- Long Pass - on manual. this is the easier to learn.

- Through Pass - on manual too, this one is very similar to cross, you have to learn to aim and to power it right, but for this the power is harder to learn than the aim, if you don´t put power enough the pass will be too short, so master the power first and than worry about aim.

About the difficult level you can play on Professional if you´re a long time WE player, there are just some things that you must learn to win games.

First one is to run only the necessary, don´t try run like a maniac on every play that you´ll loose the ball to easy, wait to run when you´re an attacker facing a defender that you´ll have more success.

Second is to use the LB, something that doesn´t exist on WE. This button will send the nearest player to run forward waiting to receive the ball, you have to use this one a lot for not being alone on the offense all the time.

Third is to learn to score 1 vs 1 against the GK. the best way is to stop running when you´re getting close and press LT or RB to have more control when the GK is closing the angle.

Fourth is to defend properly. Again you have to run only the necessary, if you try to press the ball running you´ll be easily dribbled, Also don´t use double team too much because the players tends to steal the ball from each other and the opponent can still keeps the possession, use CPU press and your press separately, i only use double press on desperation times.

- Auto Switch - i use only one point from manual, so almost manual switching, is better that way because defending crosses is better that way.

- Passing - I tried all manual but simply couldn´t adapt to it and had the feeling to be stuck on 16 directions only so i begin using semi-assisted and it works fine, you still have to aim to the player you want to pass but the passes don´t go only 16 directions like the feeling on manual

- Shooting - try using semi and after you´re scoring better change to manual, is not easy on full manual but is much more rewarding and there are much more goals possibility that way.

- Crossing - must be on manual, hard to learn but makes the game much more realistic, and again, there are much more possibilities of crosses when it´s on manual. there´s two thing to worry crossing on manual: aim and power. the harder to learn is the aim because if it´s not right the cross go straight out field, try crossing from end line aiming to the center of the box to train it, first worry about aim than about the power.

- Long Pass - on manual. this is the easier to learn.

- Through Pass - on manual too, this one is very similar to cross, you have to learn to aim and to power it right, but for this the power is harder to learn than the aim, if you don´t put power enough the pass will be too short, so master the power first and than worry about aim.

About the difficult level you can play on Professional if you´re a long time WE player, there are just some things that you must learn to win games.

First one is to run only the necessary, don´t try run like a maniac on every play that you´ll loose the ball to easy, wait to run when you´re an attacker facing a defender that you´ll have more success.

Second is to use the LB, something that doesn´t exist on WE. This button will send the nearest player to run forward waiting to receive the ball, you have to use this one a lot for not being alone on the offense all the time.

Third is to learn to score 1 vs 1 against the GK. the best way is to stop running when you´re getting close and press LT or RB to have more control when the GK is closing the angle.

Fourth is to defend properly. Again you have to run only the necessary, if you try to press the ball running you´ll be easily dribbled, Also don´t use double team too much because the players tends to steal the ball from each other and the opponent can still keeps the possession, use CPU press and your press separately, i only use double press on desperation times.

You must be talking about 360 version here. I'm talking about PS3

Dude, knock off the trolling. Every single thread I see you trying to be smart ass and wise guy. Grow up. If you can't make a decent post don't bother ever replying or writing anything in my thread. :CONFUSE:

Trolling? I'm merely pointing out that last I checked there's nothing special about you that makes you exempt from posting in the same thread everyone else posts in.......

Back
Top Bottom