1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

I need help with my PS3 that can`t read games/movies anymore...

Discussion in 'Other Games' started by Elite, 9 November 2007.

1. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Afther the 2.0 update I wanted to play a game of pes2008 online. I played a game against someone and all of a sudden the game hang......... I restarted the PS3 and tried to load up pes2008 again but the game didn`t start..... AFter that I tried to watch a movie and the movie didn`t start. All I can access are my pictures and the psnetwork but no movies/games...

Anyone can help me out? Or does anyone know wtf happened?

Greets Elite

2. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    Only thing I can suggest is to press and hold the on/off button on your PS3 this will make it beep quickly three times and reset it. Failing that I think you can restore to factory settings somewhere.

Although you'll lose everything on your HD.

3. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Thank you very much. Im formatting the hd at the moment and restoring to factory settings. Sony told me this would help because they thought it was a software issue... Thanks!

4. JimJoeC

JimJoeC Custom User Title

26 June 2002
    Southampton, England
    Saints
    No problem mate, did it get sorted?

5. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Nope :( But i will try the "hold the reset button" part. 3 m8s of mine have got the same problems atm :(

6. Dead Man

Dead Man Guest

Does not sound good mate.

7. ThomasGOAL

ThomasGOAL Retired Footballer

15 March 2003
    France
    My PS3 do the same after 3 games of PES2008, my PS3 go to SAV for 10 days and now i have a new one, but now i wait Konami mail for exchange my game copy.

8. Carl

Carl Ban Master Staff

27 December 2001
    N.I.
    West Ham United FC
    Is it the PES game doing it then? Or just a random thing?

9. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
    Few versions of PES

10. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

So its Konami to blame for the PS3 problems :) PES 2008 is worse than I thought!

11. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Serious? WTF!! How can i fix my ps3?!?

12. matherto

matherto 12 Times

13 October 2004
    St. Helens, Merseyside.
    Manchester United
    The PES demo crashes the PS3 half the time as well.

Seabass shithouse

13. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
    few version of PES2008 have a problem and your PS3 lazer go to far and don't comeback, you need to back your PS3 in your shop for repair service and call Konami for exchange your copy of the game, i don't that and now i have a new PS3 (thanks Sony) and i wait the Konami answer.

14. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Thanks ThomasGOAL! I will do this ASAP! I will call Sony tomorrow!

15. Placebo

Placebo Ԁlɐɔǝqo

3 May 2003
    Esmoriz, Portugal
    Sheffield Wednesday
    It's a built in protection mechanism to avoid having to play buggy arcade games ;)

16. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Very funny.......... I called Sony and they told me that there are a lot of problems concerning the 2.0 firmware when people tried to played 2 different soccer games. A friend of mine had the same problem after trying Fifa2008 online!! ANd now we are screwed. I have to return the PS3 and I hope that Sony will return a new one very quick!

17. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    After all the mocking Sony fanboys gave 360 owners about their machine being unreliable. Now it seems games can destroy a PS3, shocking.

18. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

Only in a few small cases though snoop.... not a firmware update that suddenly bricks lots of 360's or 360's that Murder game discs.... Or in the case of Jack Bauer vs Microsoft a Un-Modded machine being banned from Live because they "Think" it is modded!

Cant believe im actually defending the PS3!

19. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    I'm shocked Hargreaves!

20. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

The 360 I sold to my old housemate which only came back from MS repair a couple of weeks ago has DIED again! freezing during a game and THEN 3 red lights... Even im starting to wonder when my Elite will die.

21. DagsJT

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Just read someone else saying their refurbished 360 died too. You don't seem to hear about the newer 360's dying though.

Anyway, off-topic :)

22. DJ Doc45

DJ Doc45 Banned

Yep sorry to take your topic off the course Elite. Hope you get your PS3 sorted soon mate and if you want you can add me and we can have a game on PES :) djdocpsx3.

23. ThomasGOAL

15 March 2003
    France
    Maybe but isn't the real problem with PES2008 because my laser blocking with the old firmware one mouth ago.

24. Elite

Elite League 1

24 June 2002
    The Netherlands
    Thanks lad :) I will get a new PS3 back within 14 days. In the meantime i will buy a new one, return it within 2 weeks and get my money back :mrgreen: