I need help with my PS3 that can`t read games/movies anymore...

Elite

League 1
24 June 2002
The Netherlands
Afther the 2.0 update I wanted to play a game of pes2008 online. I played a game against someone and all of a sudden the game hang......... I restarted the PS3 and tried to load up pes2008 again but the game didn`t start..... AFter that I tried to watch a movie and the movie didn`t start. All I can access are my pictures and the psnetwork but no movies/games...

Anyone can help me out? Or does anyone know wtf happened?

Greets Elite

Only thing I can suggest is to press and hold the on/off button on your PS3 this will make it beep quickly three times and reset it. Failing that I think you can restore to factory settings somewhere.

Although you'll lose everything on your HD.

Thank you very much. Im formatting the hd at the moment and restoring to factory settings. Sony told me this would help because they thought it was a software issue... Thanks!

My PS3 do the same after 3 games of PES2008, my PS3 go to SAV for 10 days and now i have a new one, but now i wait Konami mail for exchange my game copy.

Serious? WTF!! How can i fix my ps3?!?
few version of PES2008 have a problem and your PS3 lazer go to far and don't comeback, you need to back your PS3 in your shop for repair service and call Konami for exchange your copy of the game, i don't that and now i have a new PS3 (thanks Sony) and i wait the Konami answer.

few version of PES2008 have a problem and your PS3 lazer go to far and don't comeback, you need to back your PS3 in your shop for repair service and call Konami for exchange your copy of the game, i don't that and now i have a new PS3 (thanks Sony) and i wait the Konami answer.

Thanks ThomasGOAL! I will do this ASAP! I will call Sony tomorrow!

Very funny.......... I called Sony and they told me that there are a lot of problems concerning the 2.0 firmware when people tried to played 2 different soccer games. A friend of mine had the same problem after trying Fifa2008 online!! ANd now we are screwed. I have to return the PS3 and I hope that Sony will return a new one very quick!

After all the mocking Sony fanboys gave 360 owners about their machine being unreliable. Now it seems games can destroy a PS3, shocking.

After all the mocking Sony fanboys gave 360 owners about their machine being unreliable. Now it seems games can destroy a PS3, shocking.
Only in a few small cases though snoop.... not a firmware update that suddenly bricks lots of 360's or 360's that Murder game discs.... Or in the case of Jack Bauer vs Microsoft a Un-Modded machine being banned from Live because they "Think" it is modded!

Cant believe im actually defending the PS3!

Just read someone else saying their refurbished 360 died too. You don't seem to hear about the newer 360's dying though.

Anyway, off-topic :)

Very funny.......... I called Sony and they told me that there are a lot of problems concerning the 2.0 firmware when people tried to played 2 different soccer games. A friend of mine had the same problem after trying Fifa2008 online!! ANd now we are screwed. I have to return the PS3 and I hope that Sony will return a new one very quick!
Maybe but isn't the real problem with PES2008 because my laser blocking with the old firmware one mouth ago.

Yep sorry to take your topic off the course Elite. Hope you get your PS3 sorted soon mate and if you want you can add me and we can have a game on PES :) djdocpsx3.

Thanks lad :) I will get a new PS3 back within 14 days. In the meantime i will buy a new one, return it within 2 weeks and get my money back :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom