I love this game!

AragornCY

Non-League
11 August 2008
Hi all,

I was very surprised to read that most of you did not like the PES09 demo.

After playing it i found it to much better than the PES08.

Graphics are better, game play is superb, the crowd is way better now, AI has been improved, goalkeeper AI has been improved too, and referees are not that strict. Menu is excellent too.

I am looking forward to getting the full version. If you add a patch or two this game will be the best.

Hi all,

Graphics are better, game play is superb, the crowd is way better now, AI has been improved, goalkeeper AI has been improved too, and referees are not that strict. Menu is excellent too.

I am looking forward to getting the full version. If you add a patch or two this game will be the best.

I Agree 100%.

Can't wait for Champions League, & hopefully kitserver should port over quickly as game structure looks unchanged.

The only problem I've had so far is that I have a monster of a system (Crysis Warhead on max) and PES2009 so far has stuttered quite a bit more than any game ever has on my machine.

mee too i love this game, but there isn't manual goalkeeper... (this function for me is very important, because i use GK manul with all versions of pes) and in this game GK controlled by cpu is very poor...

Yea great until the online is laggy again and the keeper spils the ball time and time again :BYE:

Hi all,

ANYthing could be better than PES2008, they would have to try really hard to make a game worst than PES2008, and I don´t think that KONAMI´s guys are of those people who "try hard" anything.
I don´t think that gameplay is "superb" but it is not bad either. Anyway, is just a demo and I hope they can release a little better final product.

mee too i love this game, but there isn't manual goalkeeper... (this function for me is very important, because i use GK manual with all versions of pes) and in this game GK controlled by cpu is very poor...

I use that function in PES6 too, I don´t understand why they took it away in this version, it´s a shame, really...:((

It´s a great game so far, but (despite what they did with PES2008) I was hoping more of konami this time, and I found myself a little dissapointed.

I use that function in PES6 too, I don´t understand why they took it away in this version, it´s a shame, really...:((

It´s a great game so far, but (despite what they did with PES2008) I was hoping more of konami this time, and I found myself a little dissapointed.

If you change to semi assisted you can pass back to the goalkeeper and have full control over him...

If you change to semi assisted you can pass back to the goalkeeper and have full control over him...

Yes I am dont understand all these keeper comments , if anything they now
have better A1 and take command of area better.

Not sure if everyone fully understands how to control keeper or get timing right
to run out and intercept attacker.

In goalmouth scrambles they are better at smothering the ball now,especially if you
have a defender on the goal line,they seem to work together.

Yes I am dont understand all these keeper comments , if anything they now
have better A1 and take command of area better.

Not sure if everyone fully understands how to control keeper or get timing right
to run out and intercept attacker.

In goalmouth scrambles they are better at smothering the ball now,especially if you
have a defender on the goal line,they seem to work together.

Agreed. Played it for a good couple of hours yesterday against my flatmate and the keepers were pulling off some brilliant saves. I think they seem better than last year - less spilling the ball straight to an onrushing forward.

Gameplay is very good, graphics too.
I found one problem which i don't like, it's shooting.
Players in 80% of chances shoot with his right leg even if he is on the left side. That looks very unrealistic.
:BYE:

The only problem I've had so far is that I have a monster of a system (Crysis Warhead on max) and PES2009 so far has stuttered quite a bit more than any game ever has on my machine.

i had that problem too for a while, til i changed the resolution to the same i have in windows... i think its my monitor, it sucks...

cheers community.

i like the demo, too.
yesterday i only had time for one match and i have a few questions:

1. can i disable/ delete the video-file after a match?
2. does pes 09 demo saves an options-file?

i'm at work right now and really like to know.

3. could someone please be nice and answer this questions?

regards

If you go to the settings (before booting up the game) and 'nullify movie playback' you won't get the movies at the end.

It doesn't create a option file as such, in documents---> Konami ---> Pro evo 2009 demo, there is just your settings.dat saved in there (graphics, controls etc)

If you go to the settings (before booting up the game) and 'nullify movie playback' you won't get the movies at the end.

It doesn't create a option file as such, in documents---> Konami ---> Pro evo 2009 demo, there is just your settings.dat saved in there (graphics, controls etc)

thanks alot :)
so i do not have to reconfigure the longpass-mode e.g. b4 every match :)

i jonny you don't understand what i mean...

for gk manual i mean like pes6 or 2008 when you are in defensive mode you press +:l1:+:triangle: and you can control your GK like a player... in this version of pes there isn't this....

I must say I like the game better than PES 2008. Of course it's not perfect, in fact it's not even close to be perfect, but it's alot improved since last year's version. I personally like very much the better through ball. At last I can control a through ball from the defence and not have it every time stopped by the opponents. AI is surely improved, fraphics and crowd is better, more dribbles, though difficult to execute. Overall, as I play the demo it's getting more and more addictive and I'm going to buy it for sure when it's out!

i loved it but i am waiting for full version.I have to see the gameplay against weak teams or weak teams vs strong teams.because dribbles with stars are still too easy.

Its better than 08 , which was not hard, but worse, gameplay than 06. New controls are for a arcade style game, it was the sumulation that made pes.

Going to uninstall it tonight, it's not even close to being to current-gen standard.
Agreed.

The way some people go on about it you'd think it was a complete 180 to 2008. The fact is it hasn't changed enough to make it a good game. I've played 300+ hours of PES 2008.

One obvious problem is the fact that they still do that stupid jump/weak shot when shooting across goal sometimes instead of putting their foot through it.

It's still a fast-paced pinball game where you're constantly passing with LB/L1 and getting from one end of the pitch to the other in 2 seconds.

The fact is that all of the gameplay changes from 2008 to 2009 could've been done with a 10mb patch to 2008.

Back
Top Bottom