I just bought every PEs game ps2+

"Compared to Pes2,3,4 PES6 is much less arcadey." - No doubt about that :)

By the way, don't loose your hope in this gen's just yet, do it after you play the demo :) Read the latest previews from respectable members from these boards on it, on the section above this one, you'll see the general impression is very good so far. ;)

PES6 is a lot slower and you cannot do monster dribbles..Its quite hard to beat players[...]
Right...

By the way, don't loose your hope in this gen's just yet, do it after you play the demo :) Read the latest previews from respectable members from these boards on it, on the section above this one, you'll see the general impression is very good so far. ;)
We'll see Joao, we'll see ;)

Don't want to bust your bubble, but every year I hear the same story. Then someone says what I just said and it's "no no, this year it's the real deal" and then we repeat the cycle the next year :P

My point is, that past years tought me to be a sceptic when I hear stuff like that about new PES game.

Right...

Don't want to bust your bubble, but every year I hear the same story. Then someone says what I just said and it's "no no, this year it's the real deal" and then we repeat the cycle the next year :P

My point is, that past years tought me to be a sceptic when I hear stuff like that about new PES game.

Imo, PES 2011 is a good indicator of what's happening this year. I know how it was up until PES 2011, every year we hoped to finally have a game that didn't make us return to PES 5/6. PES 2011 was very very close to being that game, a few problems made ruined that premise. Fixing them and working further on all gameplay aspects like they did should be enough to do it.

Like I said, read those two previews if you haven't already, even if you remain skeptic, it won't hurt would it? Also, keep in mind that both Rom and Rod have been on the FIFA side for a few years.

And of course, until we play it, it remains to be seen, or better yet, experienced, feeling it, that's all PES is about. ;)

Right...

i couldn't agree more... each year all we get is more hype from konami.

PES is still alive on PS2 !

Only thing that puts me off ps2 versu pes6 mods

IS lack of teams/stadiums/kits/graphics

but I think Pes3/4 pc or ps2 is just good fun football games..perhaps less realistic but fun games...I think a 5-3 is better than a 1-0....Games are meant to be fun.

What games do you remember...all the 1-0 ors the tiems wehn Liverppol kept beating Newcastle 4-3 lol

The famous Man utd-Barca games which were 3-3 in 98

I remember me and my mates sued to play I think pes3-4 all the time and games wer elike 4-3, 2-2, 5-2, 3-3, 4-1, 4-2 etc..also soem 1-0, 2-0 etc...but those games were fun..I remember being 3-0 up at half time and got a man sent off and my mate won 4-3....that was fun games

Last edited:
Imo, PES 2011 is a good indicator of what's happening this year. I know how it was up until PES 2011, every year we hoped to finally have a game that didn't make us return to PES 5/6. PES 2011 was very very close to being that game, a few problems made ruined that premise. Fixing them and working further on all gameplay aspects like they did should be enough to do it.
If it was that easy anderson, then we would have good, realistic game of football from Konami every year. But we all know it's not the case.

The ballance of offensive/defensive side of the game is a very pesky thing, and it's actually quite an achievement.

Like I said, read those two previews if you haven't already, even if you remain skeptic, it won't hurt would it?
Again... :P I heard it all before, and while it wouldn't hurt me, I would kick myself half a year from now for wasted time on reading that stuff, when the story repeats itself. I saw that thread, took a quick glimpse, but I rather wait and see for myself.

ill review pes 2012 once the demos out I aint even wsating my time reading previews...

If it was that easy anderson, then we would have good, realistic game of football from Konami every year. But we all know it's not the case.

The ballance of offensive/defensive side of the game is a very pesky thing, and it's actually quite an achievement.

Again... :P I heard it all before, and while it wouldn't hurt me, I would kick myself half a year from now for wasted time on reading that stuff, when the story repeats itself. I saw that thread, took a quick glimpse, but I rather wait and see for myself.

Don't think you quite got what I meant with the PES 2011 thing. Anyway, won't insist, like you said, better wait and play it.

Don't think you quite got what I meant with the PES 2011 thing.
You meant like it gets us closer to the real thing, is that it?

Well the problem with this line of thinking, is that you guys all assume that there will be just corrections without any drawbacks. And while this is optimistic thinking and nobody can forbid you guys from doing so ;), it also might backfire in the end, if there will be some problems that didn't occur in pes11, and I think you will agree that it's not impossible to happen.

Anyway, won't insist, like you said, better wait and play it.
I'll even go further ;) and tell you, that it might be better to wait for the first 3-4 weeks after the premiere of the game, because usually at that time people are still "high" from the game release :P, and only after they cool off you start to see some objective opinions. Not saying, that for me other peoples opinion is more important than my own on the game, but still it's valid input for me, whether the game is worth it or not.

I think probably PES3 was best game.

It was most fun at time. PES4 I have not played too much so hard to say atm.

But PES3>pes5,PEs6 anyway....

PES 2012 I really dunno now after more demo games

no idea...I only bought and played up to pes 6 as IMO I didnt like any games after pes6 that much and I only play on PC after Pes3.

WHat is PES 2011 for PS2 like?

I actually played it lol, but i think it's just the same as PES2008 for PS2, which is a somewhat of an updated pes6 i think, somewhat slower maybe?
Less sprint whoring(?), and a few little tricks with L1 + dpad/analog

My thoughts..

Out of the box Pes5 was the best game, as i recall. Very well balanced compared to Pes6 (and others?). I played it the most out of all the versions.
But i think it was more difficult to play Pes6 because it was faster and harder to defend, also played extensively online offline and tourneys.

I won't go into game-modes, physics, tactics, options or sense of realism and all that but i'll keep it mostly on in-game Attack vs Defence

In Pes5 scores were usually low because it was easier to defend, better goalies and the pace was slower. In Pes6 usually more goals because it was easier to sprint/get past and score wonder goals (not so much on high level play though)

I eventually just went along with times and liked Pes6 for what it was. Contrary to what i just said, i will have to admit that i favor harder defending and world goals/dribbling (Pes6) over easier to defend, harder to create scoring chances and missing easy tap ins when dribbling past goalie (Pes5)

The way i see it is, everyone can attack or do build up play or hell even hold down R1, but only few can defend like a true master.

In my personal experience with human players i noticed that a lot of skilled Pes5 players were almost shit in Pes6 and they usually lacked defending skills in the latter.
Speaking of defending, in Pes5 i happened to concede the most goals via cutbacks as opposed to Pes6, tho these were still commonly used and 'arguably' easier compared to Pes5 because of added speed etc.
However in Pes6 the goals i conceded varied a lot more, due to obvious reasons...

As much depth and good points Pes5 had, if you played it casually.. in general people didn't stand a chance if you had experience. The overwhelming amount of 'cheap' goals (aka the only way to score for some folks in Pes5 days) conceded proved that to me personally. Luck, chance or plain randomness just barely stood a chance in that game. In that sense, I will give Pes5 props for the skilled player winning 9/10 over lesser skilled.

In the end, it's all really up to personal flavor and the competition you prefer whether it be casually/competitive or something in between

Back
Top Bottom