1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

I blame the PS2

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC' started by cregser, 10 October 2006.

1. cregser

cregser La Liga

8 March 2004
    Dublin
    I've been reading a lot of peeps dissin' Konami for the lack of real improvements to Pro Evo over recent years.

I don't think it's (only) because they're lazy. I think it's because they're commited to PS2, and the old black brick just can't cut it anymore. I believe that PES4,5,&6 have all been limited by the PS2's abilities and Konami are unwilling to remove features (namely AI) from the PS2 version, so PC and Xbox are held back.

I've always expected little from PES6. In fact I wasn't going to buy it (but I've been caught up in the annual hype ;)). I expect PES7 to be a big leap. However, if it isn't I'll join the moaners.

What do you think?

2. Nick Cave

Nick Cave Wrexham fan for my sins...

10 July 2004
    Non football league waste land...
    Wrexham AFC
    Lazy!! Off field stuff has little to do with PS2 capability, as has most of the niggles and scripting.... and a lot to do with the fact until sales are hit Konami will do very little to the title....

3. lazylen

lazylen Conference

14 October 2004
    rubbish

4. memnon

memnon Non-League

9 August 2004
    Well said Nick Spot on

5. Dar

Dar Fullonrapist Staff

21 February 2003
    Dublin
    I think you should shut the hell up Cregser...

Shut the hell up and get me a damn job, searching for one is making me cry. :(

6. Kalou

Kalou Non-League

8 June 2006
    Another sorry excuse for Konami, again why do people insist on saying the PS2 can't handle PES? WHAT exactly is there to handle? the game doesn't even come close to having the best graphics on the PS2, the AI is so bad it has to cheat and it only has over 100 teams, so tell me, WHAT takes up all of the PS2?

Konami just can't be arsed changing the game, why? well if they change it now, what will they do in 2-3 years? they are doing it a baby step at a time, why put everything you can into one game, who would buy the next installment?

Konami are lazy, end of.

7. Fishboy

Fishboy PES6 Devotee :-p

25 March 2005
    Hiding at the Valley
    CAFC
    a load of codswallop imo. you could have at least twice as many teams 20 teams and mulit-player on master league, improved editor quite easily on the PS2, let alone PC or ......

8. cregser

cregser La Liga

8 March 2004
    Dublin
    Nice to see everyone agreeing! I still hold hope for PES7. I'm expecting a big jump. Not graphics-wise, not features, bells and whistles-wise but football-wise.

And Dar! No job? tut tut. It's amazing how picky companies are even when they're screaming for staff (and vice versa - i want to leave mine).