HTC Touch Pro2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why doesn't the iphone QWERTY keyboard count then, even though it has one?

Because if I wanted a device with a pretend keyboard I would simply have continued using my HP Ipaq RX3715.

Now whilst you're tapping away onscreen losing a third or so of what you're trying to do, I'm typing on my real keyboard viewing a full browser/messaging/document window :)

But it doesnt have the best touch screen anymore. There are processors more powerful than the one in the iPhone and more phones are starting to use the multi touch as well, both of which were the iPhone's strongest features at one point. Tell me, technically in what way is the iPhone better than the HTC HD2? I'll save you the time, its just smaller. Thats it.

There may be better processors out there but I'm talking about the 'touch screen' technology here not the processor. Even my 1st gen iPhone has a better touch screen than the HTC regardless of it's "superior" processor.

Firstly, let me get this straight, because I'm going on the premise that you mean 'technologically' as in the technology in the phone... Right, I agree, technologically it isn't as good as some other recent phones out today on paper including this phone.

However, aside from specs what makes this phone or any other similar touch screen phone on the market the better option compared to the iPhone?. I know Placebo doesn't like Apple and wanted a qwerty keyboard, so that's fine with me, but I want to hear it from you.

IMO it could have double the specifications, the fastest processor in the world and a 10mp camera, but if the OS is shite which it is on the HTC judging by those videos, let's be honest... Why would I or anyone else be persuaded to buy a phone when it seems bigger (taking into account the fold out keypad and height width and thickness of the phone), heavier and has an inferior user interface/OS which from the looks of it seems to be a rip off of the iPhone except of course it's not implemented as well and looks a little cluttered and over-complicated. This is of course without going into the media player side of the phone which looks a little tacked-on.

Last edited:
Because if I wanted a device with a pretend keyboard I would simply have continued using my HP Ipaq RX3715.

Now whilst you're tapping away onscreen losing a third or so of what you're trying to do, I'm typing on my real keyboard viewing a full browser/messaging/document window :)

It's not a pretend keyboard though, the iPhone doesn't have a fold out keyboard because the OS is good enough to handle the user input, after all it is a touch screen phone and it's part of the design. Take for example the tablet PCs, they have a virtual keyboard because that's the whole point of the touch screen technology, every form of input is done on-screen. If you use a separate keyboard on the tablet PC you may as well of bought a desktop.

IMO if the phone needs a separate keyboard it is clearly compensating for something and the touch screen phone isn't doing it's job properly.

IMO if the phone needs a separate keyboard it is clearly compensating for something and the touch screen phone isn't doing it's job properly.

Or perhaps it has it to feed a market for those of us who actually want a proper keyboard on their phone, like me, google "iphone slide out keyboard" loads and loads of forum threads and blogs where people say they want a version of the iphone with a slide out keyboard, so clearly it's not the perfect little toy you think it is :CRY: You're obviously a iphone fan boy, nothing wrong with that, just fuck off to the iphone thread please and do it there, I really couldn't give a fuck that you think the iphone is the shits, read the thread title, read my first post, this thread is about the HTC Touch Pro2.

Whether I'm a fanboy or not is beside the point, this is an open discussion and I am simply responding to the posts as I see fit.

What's with the holier than thou attitude? If you didn't want a discussion why did you bother opening a thread in the first place? I'd expect this kind of attitude on the EA forums from the under 16s, but from a 30+ man? Pathetic.

...just fuck off to the iphone thread please and do it there, I really couldn't give a fuck that you think the iphone is the shits, read the thread title, read my first post, this thread is about the HTC Touch Pro2.

Really no need for that. :R1

Whether I'm a fanboy or not is beside the point, this is an open discussion and I am simply responding to the posts as I see fit.

What's with the holier than thou attitude? If you didn't want a discussion why did you bother opening a thread in the first place? I'd expect this kind of attitude on the EA forums from the under 16s, but from a 30+ man? Pathetic.

Excuse me? I started the thread specifically about the HTC Touch Pro2 as per the thread title, I made it clear I was interested only in feedback about the HTC Touch Pro2 as per the opening post's contents, I made it clear I was not interested in comparisons with the iphone or other device as per the opening post's contents.

Really no need for that. :R1

That's your wonderful input? "No need for that"? Can you read the title? What does it say? Does it say "compare the HTC Touch Pro2 to the iphone"? No it doesn't, does the opening post say "compare the HTC Touch Pro2 to the iphone"? No it doesn't. Well just close the thing then Mart if you're going to be so fucking useless.

Indeed.

Apparently you can't even ask for a thread not to be dragged off topic in your opening post and expect the admins to do something about it these days, shocking.

large5.jpg

Anyone else got one? Bought two last night for £550 looking for a good deal on a 16gb Class 6 Micro SD (or the Sandisk Ultra 16gb Micro SD).

And before anyone chirps in no I don't think an Iphone is better thank you ;) Wanted something that 1. wasn't apple 2. had a full qwerty keyboard and 3. wasn't apple ;)

So here is said first post... Where does it prohibit discussion about the iPhone?

If you're that set against it, why didn't you say something when JM started this OT discussion?

So here is said first post... Where does it prohibit discussion about the iPhone?

And before anyone chirps in no I don't think an Iphone is better thank you ;)

As far as I'm concerned that makes it clear I'm not interested in discussing comparisons with the iphone, there's an existing iphone thread, why would I start a new phone thread if I wanted to compare it to the iphone? I clearly say I've just bought 2x HTC Touch Pro2 so my thread is obviously not to compare the two, why would I buy two phones of one model then want to compare them against other models? That's just silly.

If you're that set against it, why didn't you say something when JM started this OT discussion?

Jonney? He was the most ontopic out of anyone.

It's hardly explicit though is it, that's just your opinion on why you did not choose an iPhone, which as I said previously is fair enough, but there is absolutely no indication that was the end of the discussion for the rest of us.

Pisses all over the iPhone was completely unnecessary and opened it up to comparisons with the iPhone, look at RuneEdge's post straight afterwards.

We might as well end this discussion cuz it seems more like we agree on the same thing but its become a matter of who gets the last word in.
And also because Placebo wants his thread back, the big baby. ;)

That's your wonderful input? "No need for that"? Can you read the title? What does it say? Does it say "compare the HTC Touch Pro2 to the iphone"? No it doesn't, does the opening post say "compare the HTC Touch Pro2 to the iphone"? No it doesn't. Well just close the thing then Mart if you're going to be so fucking useless.

Thanks for that. Is this Placebo-web?

It's not the "off-topicness" of the thread that's the issue. It's your handling of it. From our point of view iPhone discussion is inevitable in a smartphone thread. We don't exist to enforce your rules.

Having said that if you'd reported a post to us asking that we kept the thread purely in line with your initial post we probably could've helped you out. You didn't, though, and resorted to telling other users to fuck off, which is what I took issue with. I dared to try and warn you in a light-hearted fashion (the alternative would've resulted in a ban), which again you took issue with and not in a particularly mature fashion.

I'm quite prepared to close this thread off and start a new one but will need you to show more respect to other users including the staff. I'll leave it open for now in case you wish to respond.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom