Status
Not open for further replies.

Placebo

Ԁlɐɔǝqo
3 May 2003
Orrefors, Sweden.
Sheffield Wednesday
large5.jpg

Anyone else got one? Bought two last night for £550 looking for a good deal on a 16gb Class 6 Micro SD (or the Sandisk Ultra 16gb Micro SD).

And before anyone chirps in no I don't think an Iphone is better thank you ;) Wanted something that 1. wasn't apple 2. had a full qwerty keyboard and 3. wasn't apple ;)

brilliant phone. have you tried the new wm 6.5 custom rom on it with the sence UI? this phone pisses over a iphone.

this one is even better
htc-hd-2-winmo-65.jpg

Last edited:
I'm a bit confused, is there a custom rom already using this Sense UI? If so can you link to it please? If not why are you talking about it? ;)

The iPhone's biggest advantage over its rivals is not the phone itself, its the service Apple provide with the app store and the software developers who back the iPhone. Technically, the iPhone is kinda shit. But its still the best phone out.

I'm fairly sure most of who have used both a (jailbroken) iPhone and a HTC phone would agree.

EDIT
I'm liking that HTC HD2 though.

The iPhone's biggest advantage over its rivals is not the phone itself, its the service Apple provide with the app store and the software developers who back the iPhone. Technically, the iPhone is kinda shit. But its still the best phone out.

I'm fairly sure most of who have used both a (jailbroken) iPhone and a HTC phone would agree.

EDIT
I'm liking that HTC HD2 though.

Even though the iPhone still has the best touch screen technology and motion sensors out of the lot? It's not shit at all. It does everything it says it will and does it all incredibly well. Backed up by a first rate OS and superb app store it's no wonder it is still up there as one of the best phones out on the market. These clones have a long way to go to be anywhere near as good as the iPhone. They may tout the best 'features' or specs, but when it comes down to brass tacks the truth is these features aren't implemented very well at all and appear half-hearted. One example being the laggy touch screen interface.

but when it comes down to brass tacks the truth is these features aren't implemented very well at all and appear half-hearted. One example being the laggy touch screen interface.

Which is why I chose the HTC Touch Pro2, interface is extremely fast and it has the nice full qwerty keyboard :)

Even though the iPhone still has the best touch screen technology and motion sensors out of the lot? It's not shit at all. It does everything it says it will and does it all incredibly well. Backed up by a first rate OS and superb app store it's no wonder it is still up there as one of the best phones out on the market. These clones have a long way to go to be anywhere near as good as the iPhone. They may tout the best 'features' or specs, but when it comes down to brass tacks the truth is these features aren't implemented very well at all and appear half-hearted. One example being the laggy touch screen interface.
Totally missed the point of my post, didnt you?
What I'm trying to say is that the iPhone is still the best phone out but people who havent had the full experience of one will probably disagree when they compare the handset to others on the market like the Touch Pro 2 or HD 2. I mean, the iPhone's camera is poor, theres no qwerty keyboard, the screen resolution isnt as high as some phones, no way of expanding memory using memory cards, OS is not as open as say Windows Mobile, etc.
So on the surface, it looks like an average phone to someone who simply compared the specs and features. I have to raise my hand and admit I was one of the people who thought this too. Cuz lets be honest, one of the only ways of knowing how good the iPhone can be is by playing around with it yourself and not everyone gets a chance.

Well I didn't, what you're still saying is that technically the iPhone is poor, which I disagreed with. Even though on paper the specs are better on these clones the iPhone doesn't suffer for it, in fact it still has the best touch screen/motion sensors out there today. Sure it would be nice to have expandable memory, flash on the camera etc but I can't say these have been a massive issue for me and the features the iPhone does possess are implemnted very well and just 'work'. So I wouldn't say that technically the iPhone is shit at all as it doesn't compromise on anything, it does what it says it will and does that incredibly well even without these extra features.

But it doesnt have the best touch screen anymore. There are processors more powerful than the one in the iPhone and more phones are starting to use the multi touch as well, both of which were the iPhone's strongest features at one point. Tell me, technically in what way is the iPhone better than the HTC HD2? I'll save you the time, its just smaller. Thats it.

Fullsize slide out? Popup onscreen keyboard doesn't count.......
Nope it doesnt and if people think it does then LOL to them :LOL:

I thought i was the only one here who wasnt a apple fanboy. The iphone is a good phone but its not the best thing since slice bread the way some in here boast about it.

Touch pro 2 and HD2 are both far superior devices than a iphone in alot of ways.

even this is i would rate as good if not better than a iphone:

167279-htc_hero_slide_01_slide.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom