1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

How to tackle???

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by martd, 25 October 2006.

1. martd

martd League 2

10 June 2002
    Lymington, UK
    Guys, i've been playing the 360 version tonight against a mate and we just couldn't get the hang of tackling.
    I don't mean slide tackles, they're obvious, but I mean pressing 'A' - would be 'X' on the PS2 pad - should execute a soft tackle.

We just couldn't get it to work well, or even at all!!!

Anyone having the same trouble or is it just us???

2. MForssell

MForssell Conference

9 August 2005
    Helsinki
    u sure? Try pressing "X" on the 360 pad...which would be the square on ps2 pad.... I think thats the one u want

3. BURNA

BURNA LIVERPOOL FC

26 April 2006
    England
    Liverpool
    Depends which team you're playing against sometimes, if you're up against Brazil, especially with players on red arrows, you'll just bounce off them.

4. martd

martd League 2

10 June 2002
    Lymington, UK
    Yeah i'm sure. Its always been 'X' on PS2

5. Jess C

Jess C Guest

Maybe you should check the button configuration on your pad.

6. psimonius

psimonius Guest

Good idea.

If its the same layout (which I think it is), pressing A will do 'pressure 1' (soft tackle), and holding X will get 'pressure 2' (players closing down).

7. martd

martd League 2

10 June 2002
    Lymington, UK
    But holding A does pressure A which automatically pulls your controlled played toward the ball. Pressing A once or repeatedly should execute a 'foot in' challenge.
    I've been playing Pro Evo since ISS and tackle has always been the same (although it was X, not A)

8. martd

martd League 2

10 June 2002
    Lymington, UK
    Anyway, more importantly, pismonius - your avatar is genius!!!

9. psimonius

psimonius Guest

Thanks. ;)

10. julien

julien is just your type

20 June 2004
    490 Madison
    hold down A and once in a good position to get the ball, a single tap of X is usually enough to get the ball.

different to pes5 but works for me on highest difficulty