1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

How much of a change will Pes5 be from WE9, what is the most vital improvement?

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by Fatality, 9 August 2005.

1. Fatality

Fatality Gawd like

30 July 2005
    I know there has been a compaints thread for WE9 but this is a bit different. I started by loving WE9 and now im pretty much sick of it. This is my first WE game so ive come to ask the question will there be much change for pes5, or is it simply a european version and a transfer update?

What one thing should they improve aswell

IMO The refs and fouling because it screws up the game with all the fricking stopping and starting, im preying pes5 is much better.

2. beachryan

beachryan Golden Boot Winner

4 July 2003
    Bermuda
    Through balls
    Speed differences
    Mutlpile computer strategies
    Shooting without R2

All could be fairly easily fixed and make for a much better experience.

3. Lukazan

Lukazan Non-League

5 May 2003
    Learn to defend properly.

It's pretty blatantly obvious to me that they have put in all those fouls to stop people from just holding R1 and X all the way through matches when they haven't got the ball.

Stand off your man and go in for the ball from the front, or slide from the side. It's hard at first because you're so used to just holding down R1 and X all the time but once you've learned you'll hardly give any free kicks away.

4. Tom

Tom likes turtles Staff

12 December 2001
    Hamburg
  5. Stringer Bell

Stringer Bell Banned

12 February 2005
    London
    Yeah...agree with Lukazan.

6. Pretiseg

Pretiseg Guest

I 100% agree and salute Konami for this.

7. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    That is so true, all these newbs i know just hold R1 and X the whole game, you can see all their players tired out by the first quater of the second half!

8. johan

johan Guest

The only difference that could happend btw. PES5 and WE9 is the gameplay speed and the ball weight.. all WE series always have slower/smoother gameplay with the heavier ball feeling.

9. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    The ball in we9 seems perfectly weighted.

10. Derfil

Derfil Big Boss

6 July 2004
    Here
    A.C. Milan
    Defence in the Game is stupid :lol: Now I always Slide it's better and more helpful to me :) :)

11. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    I think the defence in WE9 is the MOST realistic from all of the series. Its not glitchy and the ball does not flukily get through by bouncing around and off defenderes.

12. Derfil

Derfil Big Boss

6 July 2004
    Here
    A.C. Milan
    No, Now it's hard to take it with a tackel :-s
    Nesta always get it with Tackels in Real life !!

13. Sulph

Sulph Goodbye...

28 September 2003
    Well that depends on your skill level in the game too :p

I only slide if i really really really haveh to, its too big of a risk to do it at a useless time.

14. omimiga

omimiga Conference

Last PES (3 and 4) was much more arcade than WE... that is more simulation... PES is very easy to score, to pass, to dribble... Don't know if PES 5 will follow the others in that aspect...