How many of you used to be PES players?

Are you a PES convert?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coopz

Retired Footballer
27 April 2002
This is not intended to start any arguments i was just wondering how many people have got sick and tired of our once beloved PES taking 1 step forward and 50 steps back and moved of to what has become the more complete game of football in Fifa?

Think Chris has a point - I first found this site after watching a vid of PES on cv&g's website and mart (I think) had posted below the vid "anyone who is a fan of pro-evo visit this site) or something and I've been a member since then (2002).

The champions league game was the first non-Nokami to get me interested and it's been a huge swing in my devotion ever since then.

Oh yeah and i said yes

I loved PES for ageeeeeees but when a new great footy game comes around im having it no matter what its name is

A better Poll would of been how many PES players have converted for Fifa 09. :))

I have seen loads so far some on this forum alot on others much more seem to have converted compared to Fifa 08.

Surely with this being "Evo"-Web it'll be 99%...?

Judging by current results not sure it will drop as low as 99%:LOL:

Seriously, i used to look forward to the new PES more than any other gaming release. Had not played Fifa since the first one on PS2 and i only got that one since there was no PES on PS2 at release (iirc there was an ISS title but it was pretty poor) and i always need to have a footy game on hand. That Fifa game reminded me why i switched to ISS and then PES and as soon as PES came out on PS2 i switched back to that.

Since then i have bought all UK PES games and have really enjoyed them even the much maligned PES6 on 360. That gave me my first taste of online play in a footy game and i must have played somewhere in the region of 2,500 matches.

So i was really looking forward to PES2008 and had no interest in Fifa 08 at all. I downloaded the demo when it came out really just for a laugh at how piss poor Fifa was while i waited for the new PES. To my total astonishment it played a good game of football and really had come on beyond recognition. Having not played Fifa for years i was genuinely taken by surprise.

Naively my initial thought was "wow, if this is what Fifa have come up with the new PES is going to be beyond belief"

Then i played the PES demo. I could not believe how bad it seemed compared to Fifa which i had always thought to be something of a joke in footballing terms.

I took the plunge and bought Fifa 08 on release and was again surprised that it actually had improved quite significantly from the demo and after a few days play did seem to be as good as i had expected from the demo.

I just couldn't bring myself to not buy PES2008 despite the demo figuring it must be old code rushed out - PES has to be the better game.

Needless to say i played around 50 games of PES this year and have played over 2,000 games of Fifa (between online and manager mode).

So am i a Fifa convert - Hell yeah - and frankly this time around if the PES demo does not blow me away - which i doubt having seen vids etc - then it will be my first PES free gaming year since the franchise began.

Hopefully others who bought last year's effort out of blind loyalty will do the same and Konami will get the kick up the arse they need. If not, what incentive is there for them to improve? Imho it would be a good thing for football gamers if there was a genuine choice between 2 excellent titles both of which were forcing the other to improve year on year but my worry is that if PES2009 is anywhere near as bad as 2008 then it may just be the final nail in the coffin of what was once my favourite franchise.

We came here for PES but now FIFA is the better game, One thing I find good about this forum is even with it being a PES forum people are giving a FIFA chance unlike other PES forums who just dismiss it and buy PES every year.

Last edited:
Last year was the 1st time I purchased PES for my PC (was going to buy it for the 360 also if it wasn't for all the bugs, I do still play PES 6 online on the 360). Technically I'm still a PES enthusiast, however I will give FIFA a try (the world isn't black & white)...the demo for FIFA seems good but I was fooled once with the EURO demo so I'll reserve judgment until I play the final release.

Coopz you're an FSU Seminole fan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom