Votes: 24 25.3%

Votes: 29 30.5%

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • 5 or more

Votes: 10 10.5%

• Total voters
Stringer Bell said:
Yoraba (a Nigerian language)
Is this a language all Nigerians can speak? Or is it one that majority know or minority?

Just curious to know what all the Nigerian players we know speak and whether it's this or something else as mother tongue.

@total,SPitFiRE
thx for reply:)

how i envy you!
japanese language dont have any relative language.
korean language has same gramatical feature, but their letter is perfectly differnt so learning it isnt easy...

i wonder how about Turkey and Russian.
are they asian or european?

yuyazan said:
@total,SPitFiRE

how i envy you!
korean language has same gramatical feature, but their letter is perfectly differnt so learning it isnt easy...

Real Turks are Asian. But now a days in Turkey, you can see too many Arabic, Kurdish (Hrrrr..), Bosnian, Bulgarian and French. For ex. I'm not real Turk. My family borns in Bosnia but at 1950's there were a big war against Serbians. And all my family escaped Turkey. Other people came Turkey like that. But real Turks are Asian. Also some Turks eyes like Japanesse, who borns in middle of Turkey called Eskisehir.

Bule said:
Real Turks are Asian. But now a days in Turkey, you can see too many Arabic, Kurdish (Hrrrr..), Bosnian, Bulgarian and French. For ex. I'm not real Turk. My family borns in Bosnia but at 1950's there were a big war against Serbians. And all my family escaped Turkey. Other people came Turkey like that. But real Turks are Asian. Also some Turks eyes like Japanesse, who borns in middle of Turkey called Eskisehir.
That's correct.

I also think (I may be wrong but this is what we were told and makes sense) the reason there is some people with Japanese/chinese-like eyes in Turkey and Iran (very very rare in Iran though) such as Ilhan Mansiz (somewhat) and "Azizi" (you guys might remember) and close georgraphical locations around there which is unexpected is because of "The Mongols Empire" like "Genghis Khan" who came from east side of Asia to places like Iran/Turkey and that area many years ago! So naturally they got mixed a bit and although it's very rare, today we still see some signs of it in Iran and more so in Turkey with some people with somewhat (chinese-like eyes) like Turkemans from Turkeminstan and even Afghanistan have eyes like that too.

Just for a little fun demonstration

Ilhan
186677.jpg

Iranian legend - Khodadad Azizi (But doesn't look Persian due to some chinese-like features. Looks more like "Jackie Chan" in fact than Iranian :lol: )

Azizi2.jpg

Not the best pics either but it's just after a quick search.

Edit: p.s. Just after writing all this I realized it's "Off-topic" in this thread lol as it's about "Languages" not history of The Mongols or moghuls or whatever the proper term is but I just took after what Bule said and don't want to create a thread on its own about this. :p

So kindly ignore this if it doesn't interest you and sorry for going off-topic in the "Off-topic section of forum" :mrgreen: :lmao:

Last edited:
yuyazan said:
@total, bule
ok.
i notice i should learn about history before language;)

I can write you all the biggest language groups and languages of it.:lol: We've learned this for a long time this year.

I think people from Eastern Europe also find it easier to learn Italian. For example many Bosnians who come to Milan speak the language after just a few weeks.

Ahhh, old Azizi, those where the days on the PSX in ISS Pro when he donned the yellow boots. \\:o/ :mrgreen:

FD

PLF said:
Is this a language all Nigerians can speak? Or is it one that majority know or minority

Just curious to know what all the Nigerian players we know speak and whether it's this or something else as mother tongue.
The majority of Nigerian speak Yoraba, but there are also MANY different languages spoken there, since there is around 160 million people living in Nigeria and there are vast amount of different cultures in that one bloody country!

Well it's like Cape Verde, Angola, São Tomé and Prince and Mozambique their official language is Portuguese but they speak Criol (mix of portuguese, french and some african expressions).

Milanista said:
I think people from Eastern Europe also find it easier to learn Italian. For example many Bosnians who come to Milan speak the language after just a few weeks.

So, I can learn Italian easily right? Because i really want to learn.

yuyazan said:
@total,SPitFiRE

how i envy you!

yes, ancient turks are mongols which is north of china. After the seperation and wars it divided into many nations such as Turkmens, Kazakhs, Turks which is Turkey last point of asia . Turkish people don't have exactly chineese look but close in most places except the southeastern part or the people who migrated from european countries.

also PLF explained it well too.

Bule said:
i don't concorde with milanista, as well i know other people not from east, the italian is maybe the hardest language of europe beacouse mantains some antique latinisms

But the funny part is that I was in Trieste this spring with my school and we were welcomed by the students of Trieste and they gave as tour. They couldn't translate any Latin words to us. Their English was bad as well.

But it's interesting that some chicks knew Slovene and they talked better Slovene than English. :D

Bule said:

First, if you really want to learn Italian or another Latin language, you must learn Latin and study his grammatic, then you're able to learn what to you want, because it's not so easy to learn latin langagues, most of them have grammatical traps.

how about northern europe? anybody knows?

and a book said people in Finland are Asian, but i cant beleve it.
how abou this?

I speack French ,actually, English, Italian and a lil' bit Spanish.

I'd like to learn Jap, but the University of Nancy only make learn Russian and Arab (I think Chinese too)

devil3 said:
I Speake perfect Arabic and English.
joostebrood said:
This is one of my favorite posts.
:mrgreen: Could be the best thing I've ever read on the internet, apart from Brian Little leaving Tranmere. :mrgreen:

I suppose he could SPEAK perfect English, just not necessarily type perfect English... :lol:

Back
Top Bottom