1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

How funny would football in America be:

Discussion in 'Football' started by Nickybaker, 15 December 2005.

1. Nickybaker

Nickybaker You want SEVEN?

15 October 2003
    Essex
    The one and only Arsenal
    This was in todays mediawatch and I wondered if the forum's members from the States could shed a little light.

2. bebo

bebo Looking for a Manager

25 July 2005
    Arsenal Thread
    The Arsenal FC
    the problem in the USA is kids are playing more and more futbol(soccer)than,Pee-wee footbal(nfl)and baseball and basketball is not as popular w/ pee-wee.Remember kids now are less active then before.school don`t have outside activities until highschool.People are afraid of lose basebal,basketball,and football to soccer.America means other countries living together,that means soccer will eventually dominate.So info-mercial are adding logos PROTECTING YOUR BRAIN $30.somthing like that .I love Asenal and my sons love LIVERPOOL both boys 10 and 8 what can a father do...

3. fishcake

fishcake Premiership

1 January 2003
    L4
    shame on you, you need to get yourself sorted out and follow your kids good example ;)

4. gomito#10

gomito#10 World Cup Winner

9 May 2003
    DC, USA
    hadnt heard about this, sounds about the dumbest thing i have ever read, but this would only be in Massachutes, not in the entire states, those yankees can do what they want...

5. ghazi

ghazi Guest

Tell him Fishcake.

At leat the son isn't paying for the sins of the father. :mrgreen:

6. ghazi

ghazi Guest

I dont think they mean actual HELMETS like football helmets, but the headGUARD that some players wear after concussions or to prevent concussions.

The concner is NOT heading the ball, but the growing number of skull fracturers, facial injuries and concussions from heads slamming into other heads, elbows, posts.

More and more players are beginning to use the Full90 headguard, like Adin Brown and Ryan Suares in the MLS because of past collissions or concussions. here's a link:

http://www.full90.com/showcase/index.asp

7. Ike

Ike permaninizated

18 March 2003
    Well looking at that I don't think it's such a bad idea.

8. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    how the hell did that get mistaken for a helmet?

9. Revan

Revan out the window

8 August 2003
    Madeira, Portugal.
    FC Porto
    what next, we're gonna use kevlar armor to play fottie?
    It's good as it is right now.
    dumbshit...