1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

How do you set your NAT to open or less strict?

Discussion in 'Pro Evolution Soccer - PC, PS2, PSP, Wii, DS' started by ajames123, 26 October 2006.

1. ajames123

ajames123 Non-League

18 October 2006
    I jus checked my NAT settings on Xbox test in settings and it says strict.

How do i change it to OPEN or less strict?

Many thanks.

btw i have a BT USB Voyager modem.

2. bonus

bonus Non-League

1 September 2002
    If you have strict, I'm guessing you are behind a router.

To get it to be open you will either need to enable UPnP on the router if it supports it or look around the web for the ports you need to open.

They are 3074 and 88 which should be forwarded to your 360's IP address.

3. ajames123

ajames123 Non-League

18 October 2006
    All that jus went over my head....

Can you give me a dummies guide?>

Its a USB BT Voyager modem WIRED. I share the connection with just my PC.

4. DagsJT

DagsJT Retired Footballer

29 November 2005
    Warrington
    Liverpool
    Hmm my NAT says moderate, would that explain me getting bad lag in PES and FIFA?

5. ajames123

ajames123 Non-League

18 October 2006
    Says on xbox site NAT has nothing to do with lag but can cause problems with head set and finding/getting into games

6. bonus

bonus Non-League

1 September 2002
    Emmm, I don't know how to use your modem. It might tell you how to do port forwarding in the manual.

If it does forward ports 3074 and 88 to your Xbox 360s IP address :-D.

If you can find an online version of the manual I could probably give you a help.

7. ajames123

ajames123 Non-League

18 October 2006
    I dont know how but i did it lol....

Didnt make any diff at all. still cant join a game and get horrible lag playin my mate.

8. bonus

bonus Non-League

1 September 2002
    Yeah, I have open NAT too and found that I couldn't play against most people and lag has nothing to do with open NAT or not, it's simply how long it takes for the data to be sent from your 360 to your opponents. Nothing anyone can do about that.

9. MasterM

MasterM League 2

14 July 2003
    mine is moderate too but how do i select UPnP, i can only select UDP and TCP in my port forwarding menu.

10. bonus

bonus Non-League

1 September 2002
    UPnP is something different. It lets your Xbox set up the router itself when it connects.

Your router will either support it or not and will only have an option to enable or disable it.

Port 88 is needs to be UDP and 3074 needs to be forwarded as both.

11. MasterM

MasterM League 2

14 July 2003
    Thanks m8, my NAT is open now! :D

12. copur

copur Non-League

11 June 2003
    My NAT is open, but still i can't invite friends to a game. And when i try to play a game against someone who made a custom match it always says the match room no longer exists, yet it is still there. Why don't they just make lobbies like PES5 on ps2, it's a shame.

13. MasterM

MasterM League 2

14 July 2003
    yea the online mode on the 360 isnt working. I read in an other thread that konami is working on it. But its a disgrace that konami isnt putting an official message on their site about this problem. Now we just have to wait and hope.

14. JayM

JayM International

17 April 2004
    North Yorkshire
    Celtic
    The game isn't even meant to be released 'til today, give them a chance. ;)

15. Coopz

Coopz Retired Footballer

27 April 2002
    they should have sorted the issue so it works on release day

16. Kiske

Kiske League 2

19 March 2003
    Switzerland
    AS Roma
    It's release day... but looks more an Emergency Day :mrgreen: