How do you play in Widescreen (PC) ?

cadburyho

League 1
5 March 2005
I am thinking of buying a LCD screen for PC. Size about 22inches.
However I am worried whether the display will be reduced with two irritating black lines on the top and bottom especially if the game is not made for widescreen.

Anyone playing PES2008 on a 22inches pc widescreen? Comment appreciated.

yo mi a samsung 226bw, there's no black line in full screen mode...
i put 1280x1024, on high quality, fullscreen on, and 16:9, a 8600gts 520mo and that's really smooth, no stuttering, lag, only fluidity....i play on wide camera, good vision on the field, its perfect 4 mi ;)

yo mi a samsung 226bw, there's no black line in full screen mode...
i put 1280x1024, on high quality, fullscreen on, and 16:9, a 8600gts 520mo and that's really smooth, no stuttering, lag, only fluidity....i play on wide camera, good vision on the field, its perfect 4 mi ;)
Thanks mate, I will buy it this weekend.

Get any resolution you want by using the lodmixer in kitserver. mine is 1680x1050 with the ratio set to 1.6

No black lines here too I don't get black lines on top and bottom on my lcd 19 inch widescreen.
I run absolutely every game on full screen, like fifa 08, world in conflict, king kong, splinter cell, etc
The only time I get black lines on top and bottom is with some DVD movies and sometimes live streaming TV but that's normal because it is viewed from them;)

hi ive got 1680x1050 samsung 22 inch screen that runs all fine,but could someone tell me what the 1.60000 ratio actually means using lodmixer please. .....IF ANYONE CAN ANSWER THESE ID BE REALLY GRATEFUL THANKYOU......

Last edited:
1.6 in the aspect ratio box near the top. the lod switches changes the detail of the graphics from different distances (doesn't affect resolution)

Back
Top Bottom