how do you get a holding midfielder to hold?

djdeckstar

Non-League
11 August 2005
leicester
:roll: everytime i use a 4-4-2 formation a have a defensive midfielder protecting the back 4,but when i attack he virtualy always ends up in the box and when the break there's a huge gap in midfield,i have the attacking arrow pointing backwards,and his defence set high,anyone help????

make him mark an attacker, then u ll see a huge deffensive improvments, it works well for me, i hope it works for u also

But then that player would be man marking and not actually holding the midfield. In PES5, you had the option of making players cover gaps instead of man marking which was perfect for holding players cuz their first priority would be to cover the holes left by defensive players who attacked. Now that covering option has become a special ability star so only certain players can do it.

Okay, so you use the attacking arrow to point to the back.
I do it slightly different: I point two attacking arrows diagonally to the left back and right back. Depending on where the attack from your opponent comes from, he will go to that side ;) No need to say that defense is on high.
Works well for me. Even the best players create only a few chances against me! :8):

Okay, so you use the attacking arrow to point to the back.
I do it slightly different: I point two attacking arrows diagonally to the left back and right back. Depending on where the attack from your opponent comes from, he will go to that side ;) No need to say that defense is on high.
Works well for me. Even the best players create only a few chances against me! :8):

Bullshit

But then that player would be man marking and not actually holding the midfield. In PES5, you had the option of making players cover gaps instead of man marking which was perfect for holding players cuz their first priority would be to cover the holes left by defensive players who attacked. Now that covering option has become a special ability star so only certain players can do it.

i still cannot understand why Konami removed the brilliant 'covering' option from PES6, it was very effective and they had better bring it back in PES7.

when i play with a defensive midfielder i put his defensive on HIGH, his position as DM and have the arrows pointing right and left if you get what im saying... It does work but the way you're team is setp also has an effect, in PES5 the way you're is setup wouldnt have mattered but in this game it does.

Back
Top Bottom