How do you control keeper on unassisted?

ehsan_c

League 2
17 August 2005
I'm playing on unassisted setting but cannot select my keeper when he makes a save or picks up a loose ball. My keeper is automatically controlled by the computer and automatically distributes the ball.

No matter how many times I press L1 to select my keeper it doesn't work. This is so frustrating as I hate it when he automatically blasts the ball upfield.

Note: This only occurs when the ball is still in play.

Someone please help, never had this problem in previous pro evo's.

Have you tried L1 + R3? (R3 means you click the right stick in). To switch back to outfield players, do the same thing.

I am pretty sure the game forces you to kick the ball if you do not input anything. You can't drop the ball after you started moving either. It makes no sense from a design viewpoint, but someone correct me if I am wrong.

It could be designed just like that - if you're using unassisted switching, you can't control the keeper. Why? Because you could theoretically choose NOT to switch from your GK and let CPU control your players, especially when defending.

If you could do it online, it would most likely be an enormous exploit - since new defending in 2012 is quite difficult, it would give you an easy way to defend better - CPU would do it for you.

Initial release of FIFA 12 had the same issue - you were allowed to switch to GK at any time and let CPU control your teammates. Result - whole bunch of auto-defending 'cheaters' in online modes. And as far as I've read in FIFA section, EA patched it - when online, you can't switch to GK any more. Offline you can, online not.

Maybe Konami could release something similar.

It could be designed just like that - if you're using unassisted switching, you can't control the keeper. Why? Because you could theoretically choose NOT to switch from your GK and let CPU control your players, especially when defending.

If you could do it online, it would most likely be an enormous exploit - since new defending in 2012 is quite difficult, it would give you an easy way to defend better - CPU would do it for you.

Initial release of FIFA 12 had the same issue - you were allowed to switch to GK at any time and let CPU control your teammates. Result - whole bunch of auto-defending 'cheaters' in online modes. And as far as I've read in FIFA section, EA patched it - when online, you can't switch to GK any more. Offline you can, online not.

Maybe Konami could release something similar.

Have you played the game? You can always switch to the keeper by using L1+R3. The problem is that even when you do control the keeper, the cpu will override your input and force you the kick the ball, maybe to prevent people from purposely delaying the game.

Another annoying problem, and this is possibly a bug, is that on CPU freekicks, even if you switch to your keeper, the game does not allow you to move him. I have no idea how this got through testing.

Another annoying problem, and this is possibly a bug, is that on CPU freekicks, even if you switch to your keeper, the game does not allow you to move him. I have no idea how this got through testing.

eh? You sure about that? I have no such problem controlling my keeper for frees/corners etc.

That happens one out of ten times for me. Just go to game plan and make some changes (e.g. captain) and when the game is back you can move him again.

Yeah, it also happens randomly for me. Having to pause the game to make changes when it happens is unacceptable imo.

Its a load of BS thats what it is. It became so annoying I'm playing on semi-assisted now.

Yeah that didn't work

What? why don´t work...?

L1 + R3 is a very good option for handling the goalkeeper, and saved me a lot of goals in that role

Sorry ehsan_c, you are right. I tried unassisted yesterday to test it out, and yeah you can't switch to the keeper, AFTER he has made a save or picks up a loose ball.

I just played a game (online) where the keeper refused to come under my control.

:COAT:

They took away that option online mate. You can't switch to the keeper.

Back
Top Bottom