1. We use cookies to personalise content and ads, to provide social media features and to analyse our traffic. We also share information about your use of our site with our social media, advertising and analytics partners. Learn More.

how do u use wing backs?

Discussion in 'Winning Eleven' started by bushgreen, 2 September 2005.

1. bushgreen

bushgreen Non-League

3 January 2004
    London
    how do i make players like carlos or cafu play as wing backs?

in we9 it only let me play them as side backs or centre backs.

how do i change thier positions to wing backs?

2. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    You have to move them to the midfield positions.
    WB is actually a midfield position.

3. bushgreen

bushgreen Non-League

3 January 2004
    London
    oh thanks i never knew that.

4. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    Thats kinda dumb. Wing BACK should be a defenders position.

5. bushgreen

bushgreen Non-League

3 January 2004
    London
    same thats what i thought too.

6. Interista

Interista Il Capitano

19 August 2003
    Bahrain
    FC Internazionale
    Well actually if you think of it, its more like a DH but on the side ? maybe thats how konami thought of it ?

7. PLF

PLF Legend

2 August 2004
    Inter_211 or RuneEdge, you can't argue both ways. Basically Wingback is something in between a side back which is a defender and a winger which is a midfielder so you can't say it's really a midfield OR defensive position or its dumb if its either one but for the sake of being able to select it, it's just like Inter said, a midfield position

8. RuneEdge

RuneEdge Silent Assassin

1 October 2003
    Turn around, I'm right behind you...
    Manchester United
    You're all looking at this in the wrong way. A Wing Back is exactly the same thing as a Side Back. But in the game, they are two different positions so that you can control how aggressively they attack and track back.
    In reality is just a position where defenders block the wings. Roberto Carlos is a wing back. But he's not a midfielder.

9. kingpug

kingpug Guest

I agree with Rune, surely when you have a SB he won't attack, yet with a WB he piles up the flanks like Cafu and Cole etc. I might try changing a SB into a WB and see if he attacks the wings.