How do i take a penalty!

Its quite simple....Go on to training and practice. The way I take them is:

1) press shoot. The longer you keep hold of shoot the higher the ball will go. Anywhere between the slightest of taps (Low shot) to about a second (high shot)

2) after you have pressed shoot when the player is running, press left or right. You dont have to use diagonal anymore because your shoot button creates the height. I would say keep hold of direction for about a second or just less and it will go in the corner!!!

dont press shoot button if u want the lowest shooting, press only direction when player running

Just realised I have not had a penalty yet, boo!

I've had one against me and tipped it onto the post but it went in double boo!

Seabass: Guys, the penalties are really hard this year.
Team: Ok we'll tweak the refs so they never award a penalty.
Seabass: Solved.

:D

I lost my first FA cup game to Pks :( I need more practice...

I was on my way to a PK shootout in my FA Cup but managed to get the winner with 10 minutes left. I was happy I'd won, but I really fancied my chances in a shoot-out.

I must admit I love the new penalty system, it works like a dream. All you need is a good 10 minutes in training and you get the 'feel' of how it works. Fully manual. Very clever.

Last edited:
is there a way of getting to penners in the training

or do i just do what ive been doing dropping the ball in the box in free training?

is there a way of getting to penners in the training

or do i just do what ive been doing dropping the ball in the box in free training?

alternatively go to practice freekicks and when the game asks you where you want to take the freekick from go into the penalty area!

And if u want to train the penaltys like it were a shootout change the cam to player, helps.

And if u want to train the penaltys like it were a shootout change the cam to player, helps.

Yes. Thats what I do too. The same should be done during a game when having a PK, pause, switch to vertical cam then bam.

When you take a penalty with the side cams, you have to use up and down on the analogue sticks, if you have been using left and right it will go down the middle.

Up = keepers right
Down = keepers left

I also think when you get the hang of it, it is the best penalty system ever implicated in a Football game

Last edited:
I have just perfected the PK system. I LOVE IT. Here's how and I hope I make sense. Its pretty simple really.

First: Press the shoot button. A tap means a low shot and the longer you hold the higher it goes.

Second: As the player makes his run to shoot the ball, right at midway, choose the angle you want the ball to go, for example far left, move the analogue stick to the far left and VOILA!

It differs from player to player because not all have similar runs. Ronaldo starts his run, then stops, then runs again, and right after he begins his second run move the analogue stick wherever you want :)

As for Ronaldinho, right after his second or third step, move the analogue stick wherever you want :)

Bear in mind, if you were too early to move the analogue stick left or right the ball will go off-target. Too late, and it will go straight down the middle or real close to it.

Its pretty easy really, shoot first, then midway through the kicker's run move the analogue stick and your done :)

Hope this helps fellas!

I just wish I trained before I got knocked out to Pks from the first round of the FA Cup :LOL:

Last edited:
I was frustrated so went into the Training and selected Free Kick on the penalty spot and then Player Cam.

After half an hour I'm "used" to it, but I still don't LIKE it. I found pressing the Square button and holding the direction for half a second at the same time and letting go of both at the same time produced a standard outcome similar to the old system.

For modifications I either let go of the direction early and keeping finger on shoot for a higher shot, or vice versa - keep direction down a bit longer and let go of square sooner. Variations produce a strong high blaster in between the side and middle, through to a low shoot sharply to the side.

It's still kinda crap though... KONAMI - FIX IT IN NEXT PATCH (1.02?) PLEASE!!!!

I almost like the old ISS98 penalty system better! (for vs Computer...)

I have yet to see penalty in all 234554954 games i played thus far.but i like the system this year, no more random BS.

Back
Top Bottom