How did the universe begin?

Perhaps I'm just an idle bastard but I don't understand how something like that can keep you awake at night. We're a small grain of sand in a big novelty shoe, whatever is out there we can't do anything about, so get some shut-eye and get your leg over as many times as you can before the shoe's tipped upside down and whacked like a 1930s baby.

Silly things keep me awake at night Jack. Sometimes I can't sleep because I'm worried that I could get called to Iraq. OR what if the train I am getting to London at the weekend is going to crash?

If it happens it happens and you cant do nothing about it so why worry about it?

I know Coopz, you are totally right but my silly brain won't change. :(

But if it is then it is, and you can't do anything about it except for cancel whatever you're doing, and you're not going to do that because you know it's a stupid little thought that means nothing.

There you go, that's my thought process if I ever think anything like that. Ten seconds and bumph, I'm asleep.

I always imagine there's a whole other earth out there, like millions upon trillions of light years away, but its not that old compared to us and they are going through their Dark Ages or some shit, or maybe they are way ahead of us and have like Playstation 6000's.

Yeah God is a Dictator - If you dont follow him and/or dissent you get put in jail / "go missing" / go to Hell. He's an arsehole! :D

like if u break the law u go to jail and its the government who are arseholes for making a law to protect the people of the land.

as for people trying to go with the big bang with proof, how can u prove something is a million years old. no1 will ever live a million years so there is no way 2 prove its 1 million years old, and dinosaurs walked with ppl, just the media chose not to show programs that show evidence of this.

like if u break the law u go to jail and its the government who are arseholes for making a law to protect the people of the land.

You've completly missed the point I was making.

God, and most religions, are supposed to be about love and acceptance. Yet the huge contradiction is that if you dont subscribe to "their" belief you get to go to hell. Meaning their "love and acceptance" only applies if you agree with them. In the same manner that a dictator is fine untill you go against him and then you get out in jail or get murdered. Which in essense goes against what god and the religion is supposed to be preaching/teaching.

The government putting you in jail for doing something wrong that they have said is something wrong and have warned you they would do if you did something wrong isnt a contradiction. They are not saying you are free to vote for whoeever you support but if you dont vote for us we will put you in jail. Which is pretty much what most religions say!

As for the the second part about dinosaurs, I guess fossils and carbon dating is a myth.........Or that the Grand Canyon was actually developed by disney in 1923 and not a result of millions of years of natural erosion. Its easier to prove stuff that you can actually find and show then basing it on some novel that is proven to be full of mistakes and contradictions.

On a side note, Im not too sure your user name is very accurate ;)

God, and most religions, are supposed to be about love and acceptance. Yet the huge contradiction is that if you dont subscribe to "their" belief you get to go to hell. Meaning their "love and acceptance" only applies if you agree with them. In the same manner that a dictator is fine untill you go against him and then you get out in jail or get murdered. Which in essense goes against what god and the religion is supposed to be preaching/teaching.
What I dont get is that if you dont believe in a religion, and then they tell you that you're going to hell, why should that be a problem for you? If you dont believe in their religion, you probably dont believe in hell either. So its pretty simple to me. You either believe or you don't. Its not about right or wrong for me.
I don't follow a religion myself but I don't completely rule out the chances of it being real. I just feel that even if God did exist, he's pretty useless to me for two reasons. First of all, there's still evil in this world which means if there was a God, he's probably not doing his job right. And secondly, when I die or my last moments before I die, the things that are gonna matter to me the most are my friends and family. I really don't give a f*ck about God when I didnt even know him/her in person.

What I dont get is that if you dont believe in a religion, and then they tell you that you're going to hell, why should that be a problem for you?

As usual you don't get my point. I'm just highlighting the contradiction and making, what I think, is a valid comparison to that of a dictator.

Whether I do or do not believe is irrelevant as the contradiction still stands.

And the post you quoted is me explaining why drugfree's comparison about the government is wrong.

chucknorriscopyqm5.jpg

When I was a kid I used to lay in bed at night and wonder that mate. I couldn't get to sleep because of it! I don't think the human mind can contemplate there being a never-ending universe.

You're not the only one. Many times, when I don't feel like sleeping, I just go out to the balcony, and look up the sky. I can look there for minutes and minutes. It's endless. It's just fascinating.

Back
Top Bottom